High ping, but server doesn't kick me?

Artical DAN

Question

recently my ping has been around 230-300 compared to the usual 190 or even 220 but when i'm playing trucks seem to be stopping or jumping then my ping would be like 600-1800. The server never actually kicks me but when i'm driving people complain that i have "lags" what can i do to prevent this?

if it helps , my bandwidth seems to have dropped significantly, could that be a problem?

i've already done the following;

• Disable any firewalls
  • Exit any applications that may be using up bandwidth
  • Disable Automatic Updates
  • Restart the router.

the game itself isn't freezing or anything, my fps is constantly 40. i'm not sure if the router is overheating but i'm aware that could cause performance problems

Edited by Artical DAN

9 answers to this question

Hey friend. I find some guides for your problem :) 

You should restart your internet or modern. You can also check your internet here: http://www.speedtest.net/fr

You can find the necessary information by reviewing the guide below.

• Upgrade your connection speed through your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Often ISP's will offer several different connection speeds for different prices. A higher connection speed will allow you to send and receive data faster and lower your ping. You can also switch to a different ISP that offers higher speeds.
  • Use a free online bandwidth testing tool such as BandwidthPlace to ensure you are receiving the speed promised by your ISP. If you are not receiving the advertised speed, let your ISP know and they will attempt to optimize your internet speed.
  • .Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection or router. A fixed line connection allows for a more stable flow of data and will lead to lower ping and smoother game play. Additionally, a wired connection avoids the possibility of other computers simultaneously using the internet and using up bandwidth.
  • Disable any firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton, and McAfee. Although this step may expose your computer to temporary risks, many firewalls substantially slow down internet connection speed. Disabling firewalls that directly monitor web traffic will lower your ping.
  • Exit any applications that may be using up bandwidth. Heavy bandwidth users include applications or browsers that are downloading music, video or other files. Light bandwidth users include chat programs, open browsers and any other application that uses the internet in any way.
  • Choose a server that is geographically close to you. Using servers that are geographically close to you to lowers your ping because the amount of time it takes for a data packet to travel between yourself and the server will be reduced. Use filter options to sort servers by region or look up the IP address to find out where it is hosted.
  • Adjust in-game settings to make sure that there is no default bandwidth cap. This depends on each individual game. The best strategy is to use Google to search for the name of the game you are playing together with the term "bandwidth cap" and browse the results.

And you should read these topics. It will help you.

Hello @Artical DAN

Please try the following.

1. Do a dns flush - https://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

2. Clear your PC's temp files with Clean Master for PC - https://www.cleanmasterofficial.com/en-us/?f=cmold

3. Open up your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard and see if there are some updating services running in the background processes , Example: Adobe IPC Broker service,or any form of updater service which updates softwares you use in the background.

4. Do a Disk Cleanup of C: drive - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-8

5. Disable any unwanted programs you dont want running and hogging internet. - https://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/

Hi @Artical DAN

Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 

Make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking the connection. Start by opening Windows Firewall and Restore defaults.

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

or Optimize your Wi-Fi if cable is not an option.

Phones are known to cause ping problems really ofter when it tries to sync or backup photos or settings, e-mails etc to the cloud, because it maxes your upload speed in conclusion to get high ping.

You said that you play over Wi-Fi. Playing games over Wi-Fi is not recommended at all, there are many factors that could cause you ping problems.

1.Distance, obstacles

2.Adapter and router protocol(B, G, N, AC)

3.Neighbourhood Wi-Fi activity.

The simplest test that you can do to achieve a better result is to download a Wi-Fi Analyzer to your phone and try to choose a channel that is not used at all or a channel that doesn't confict your peak signal with

a random one.
2bf2c31e2d0a441d9944ffe879af6a9d.png

On 20/02/2018 at 4:46 PM, [FC-CC] ReaPeR said:

Hello @Artical DAN

Did above posts helped you to solve your issue with your Game Ping?

Please let us know :D 

Sadly no

@Crashon I've been playing truckersmp over wi-fi for 4 years and I've never had this issue , my ping is the same but it never had trucks freezing and jumping when I play at home until recently

Edited by Artical DAN
Port forwarding didn't work

Have you changed something recently? Something at the system, any updates missing?

Have you bought any DLC the last days, which could cause this massive lag/freeze in your game?

22 minutes ago, [FC-CC] ReaPeR said:

Have you changed something recently? Something at the system, any updates missing?

Have you bought any DLC the last days, which could cause this massive lag/freeze in your game?

probably a minor windows update, the game itself isn't lagging or freezing, it's just my ping which is causing the jumps