Simulation and /Fix

Sgt_Tailor

@[LazyT] SamTheTacoYT Well... I've been asked to do this lots of times in the past, now it's my turn I guess: Play in a different server, away from the kids and trolls. EU#1 should do the trick, speed limits and no cars is the recipe against trolls and NFS fans. Right now, you can do 3000+ Km jobs (Italy - France - UK, changing the route to discover some roads in Italy) and deliver with Excellent. I can guarantee that, because I did it just yesterday.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

On 2/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@[LazyT] SamTheTacoYT Well... I've been asked to do this lots of times in the past, now it's my turn I guess: Play in a different server, away from the kids and trolls. EU#1 should do the trick, speed limits and no cars is the recipe against trolls and NFS fans. Right now, you can do 3000+ Km jobs (Italy - France - UK, changing the route to discover some roads in Italy) and deliver with Excellent. I can guarantee that, because I did it just yesterday.

that's because other servers are dead and have low server capacity

• Like 1

@[LazyT] SamTheTacoYT I can understand that, I used to play in EU#2 server because it's the most crowded one, but then the developers decided to forbid the no-damage mod, so I switched to EU#1. Anyone is free to choose what server they want to play in. If they don't like speed limits, there's the EU#3 server. But if they decide in favour of the one where almost all trolls, reckless and bad drivers are, then they should not complain about their jobs being ruined, because there are alternatives they can use.

• True Story 1

Urm your forgetting those who autosave while damaged.....its one of the worst things scs added to both games, there should be an option to turn it off! Besides it's a pointless thing to add being the second you quit either game it saves anyway.

If it was me i would just give simple options for fixing truck or trailer or both, set a time limit option on or off ( keeps the hardcore sim guys & girls happy ) & the option for it to be on or off! People are making a massive issue over typing a command that you choose to type, if you don't like it DON'T type it, its that simple!

What a joke. As others have pointed out - the results should have been listened to whether or not the turnout was low.

Not only that, but it suspiciously seems as if you've made it difficult to vote on purpose, by not really telling anyone and making a whole bunch of awkward commands to type in, instead of a poll on the website. In my opinion, you've gone against what the people voted for, though I'm not entirely surprised as the entire idea of TruckersMP just keeps going downhill and turning more and more into a corporation feel, where the main people couldn't care less about what the people using it feel.

2 hours ago, Narod said:

Not only that, but it suspiciously seems as if you've made it difficult to vote on purpose, by not really telling anyone and making a whole bunch of awkward commands to type in, instead of a poll on the website.

The information was given in the the forum and on the TruckersMP website. IMHO, this was the most effective way of reaching the majority of users.

21 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The information was given in the the forum and on the TruckersMP website. IMHO, this was the most effective way of reaching the majority of users.

Not really. Many users have never even looked at the forums or the website at all apart from when they originally signed up and downloaded the launcher. Even past that, hardly any users come back regularly / frequently enough to spot something like that.

They could have either made it more obvious, or at the very least make it less awkward to vote, as they commands you have to type in were dreadful.

Lastly, if it was the most effective way of reaching the majority of users - how come it didn't?

3 hours ago, Narod said:

What a joke. As others have pointed out - the results should have been listened to whether or not the turnout was low.

2 minutes ago, Narod said:

Lastly, if it was the most effective way of reaching the majority of users - how come it didn't?

If no results have been published, how do you know that it did not reach the majority?

3 hours ago, Narod said:

Not only that, but it suspiciously seems as if you've made it difficult to vote on purpose, by not really telling anyone and making a whole bunch of awkward commands to type in, instead of a poll on the website.

hello, the main reason for in game polling because there are 2 million accounts and i am sure that some are having multi accounts and they will easily abuse it by voting multiple times. who ever got banned can't cast their vote in game. as you know time period for polling is for 10 days and its lot of time. for more info please look at below comments by upper staff :)

UxiKSFa.png

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Perhaps you should read it again.

It says that it was not the majority that voted. It does not say that it did not reach the majority.

Yes, the majority DIDN'T vote as like I said, the way to vote is clunky and should have been done on the website anyway. There is no way to know either way what the reach number was, and I highly doubt that the TruckersMP team can give concrete figures on this as all they could possibly offer is the amount of people who viewed forum posts and the dedicated site for looking at the voting results, and even then you've got to work out unique hits to each page, make sure the numbers don't overlap etc.

8 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Why is /fix even a thing if it only fixes the truck? If your trucks damaged, just F7. If your trailer is damaged, there is no way of fixing it..... Am I missing something here?

/fix command is useful when you are driving in a convoy or events, If your truck got damage and you don't want to miss convoy or event by going to service station then /fix command is useful. but it doesn't fix trailer damage. If you wanna fix your trailer damage then start using Quick saves, its more useful to fix freight jobs. if you get damage then just reload to your last save. It's YOUR choice to use the /fix command or not use it at all.

UxiKSFa.png