1 server for ATSMP

dragonslayingmaster1000

ATS isn't very popular at all anymore and with not that many players on there 2 servers is not a good idea since there is way less people. For example, there is usually 200-300 people on US server around peak times in NA and maybe 50-100 on EU around these times and vice versa for peak times in Europe. You would be able to meet quite a bit more people with 1 server only, adding up those servers would probably equal around 350 people at almost all times.

that would be nice for most people and I would agree, but where would the host server be? in the EU, it would mean some people, like myself would never be able to play ATSMP, and if it was kept in the US then the reverse would still be true that people in other countries wouldn't be able to play. as I said it would be a nice idea in an ideal world where everyone had great internet connections. but in this case both servers serve their funtion

1 hour ago, ItsDaFuzz said:

Honestly keep the EU and US servers but get rid of the ETS2 Europe 4, 3, and maybe 1 and also get rid of the US ETS2. 

as I said about ATSMP and its US server I will say the same for the ETS2 US server, there are people that would not be able to play ETS2MP if the server was removed.

10 minutes ago, ItsDaFuzz said:

Keep one server than. 

you are aware of what rules are on EU#1, EU#3 and EU#4, only server that shares rules with EU#2 is EU#5. so for your idea to be sound EU#2 would have to take on the rules of Either EU#1 or EU#3. and with the horrid rep of the C-D road in EU#2 not many people would be happy. I doubt that TMP will close any of the servers they have now, and there is a reason they are open, and that is because of their rule sets.

I have driven a lot on the US server, and of course my ping was higher. But the lag wasn’t worse.

And even if it was, you normally don’t have other people behind you when you‘re on ATS, so... I think it is a idea that could work.

But I would keep the US server instead the EU server since there are more players on that server.

I think 1 server is enough for ATS. As he said there is no enough players for 2 servers. Having the server hosted in the east coast (Since US is HUGE and having the server hosted in the west would bring up ping for nothing lol) of US wouldn't really be a problem for the EU players I believe. I am not even in EU and when I join US server I don't have that much lag. Besides... I am driving alone mostly xD When I see someone passing by I don't stop honking from the happiness xD  :fp:  

4 hours ago, kickrocks69 said:

what is the event server that just showed up in the list of servers for multiplayer.  Says ats event open

The event server is an extra machine that is usually shut down. It's available for people who organize huge convoys, truckfests, etc. They can ask permission to use the server for their event, which is a good idea, because I don't want to imagine a 300+ players convoy and truckfest in a regular server, it would collapse the route and the starting/ending cities. This event server will be open exclusively for the event at hand. In some cases, anyone can join the event, in some others, only people who signed in previously and there are also "TMP team only events" in which regular players are not able to enter the server.

1 minute ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

về mạng / internet bạn có thể chọn máy chủ phù hợp với bạn. Vấn đề này không quan trọng. Và 2 máy chủ tôi nghĩ là đủ:)

that's what I mean

4 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

bạn nên đọc lại chủ đề này. Chủ đề thảo luận về máy chủ không phải là internet / mạng:)

Và nếu bạn nói về internet / mạng cuối cùng, như tôi đã đề cập ở trên 

ok tks you

Well, I personally like this idea, because there would be much more traffic.

58 minutes ago, Nizam Logistics DarkAngel said:

Maybe good idea , but if we have one server , there will ping issues

You are totally right, there would be ping issues, but there are more American people which are playing american truck simulator, so I would suggest to make an american server.

Also the ping issue dont implied, that someone is lagging, it takes just some more time to transfer the data from the pc to the server and the other players. But is is just around an half second. I personally see no problem, if there just would be one server.

1 hour ago, Shawk2k50 said:

Well, I personally like this idea, because there would be much more traffic.

You are totally right, there would be ping issues, but there are more American people which are playing american truck simulator, so I would suggest to make an american server.

Also the ping issue dont implied, that someone is lagging, it takes just some more time to transfer the data from the pc to the server and the other players. But is is just around an half second. I personally see no problem, if there just would be one server.

Yes , you right also . After from your comment , I think same with you . that will not be a big problem

did you consider that, if the servers were merged there would still be the fact that the population wouldn't be much higher during peak times then they are now. yes peak time, on average is around 4pm GMT, which would put it at the latest of 11am EST and 8am PST. which most people are either at work/school or going to work/school. and for the states the peak time starts at 4pm EST (9pm GMT) and usually goes through to 8pm PST (4am GMT). which would mean most in the EU are sleeping or getting ready for work. as for this idea of combining the servers -1 since it isn't currently needed, if the average numbers very low during each servers peak times then I could see it happening but not currently

Archived