New multiplayer mods.

RootKiller

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Graywolf71 said:

with the 2 hr min.. a person can get banned and be back in very quick..With the 100 it will give a nice cool down period..

Exactly - I'm glad you understand.

It would discourage the trollers! 

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

Increasing the minimum amount from 2 hours to 100 will lower the chances of attracting new players. Not everyone is interested in spending 4 full days in singleplayer before being able to go into a free multiplayer mod.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Any opportunity to stop these trolls should be explored asap as they ruin the game for many, including many prospective great members of our community who end up quitting because of them. 

Even I get trolled but the difference is that I can ban the player and get rid of them immediately. Normal players can't and that's unfair and they shouldn't be in that situation in that first place

Many of the top games have a hard line attitude to trolls

I agree with @Joao Rodrigues (sorry, no "reaction" points left)

I've got 2 machines, a desktop and a laptop. I can work/play using my desktop, launch ETS2 in my laptop and let it running for a couple of days... And I'd have 48 hours according to Steam. 2 more hours on the 3rd day and I'm ready to jump in. Change it to 100 hours, I'd need only 5 days. And I know that my laptop can deal with that "stress". I could even use some no-damage cheat in SP to ram AI players and get better at it!! :troll:

9 hours ago, scarface0359 said:

Increasing the minimum amount from 2 hours to 100 will lower the chances of attracting new players. Not everyone is interested in spending 4 full days in singleplayer before being able to go into a free multiplayer mod.

Access to servers may be provided by the hour. I will make a suggestion for this. But there is still a waiting my suggestion. I want to make a suggestion based on his answer. The answer to this suggestion can make plans for the new suggestion.

As @oolala11 said, there can be some strict rules. All ban luck must end with 3 ban. or if the EU2 server is detected, heavier penalties may be used. Because most of the penalties are EU2.

The advantage of other multiplayer platforms, is to be able to use mods. Several requests, many have been made to set up sound mods for some trucks, all reject.

1 hour ago, Dyson V8 [FR] said:

The advantage of other multiplayer platforms, is to be able to use mods. Several requests, many have been made to set up sound mods for some trucks, all reject.

Sure, someone can claim that, but what Rootkiller is trying to get across is that as there is no evidence or proof of this actually happening, don't get your hopes up about something that may or may not be coming or be real at all.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

On 2/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, RootKiller said:

But you know that play-time is no block for trolls? It's relatively easy to run multiple steam clients with fake games that can just idle this 100, 200, 1000 hours. Play time is not an solution. Rating however is imho but ye. It's not the topic about 'how to solve problems with trolls' :).

Not really sure how it would work to rate a player,but if a player has a bad rating force them to play on a non collision server..Lol  Im not sure what the answer is but something needs to be done..

Alot of respect for the makers of TMP but the trolling and ramming has started with the arrival of EU2.
Most people on EU2 are young people who have no experience with truck games as ETS2 or ATS they think that trolling and ramming is normal in both games.
Report in game is useless becourse nothing is ever done with it, the only thing you can do is record and report on site.
But if i see wich punishments the players get they laugh and do next time the same for me TMP may punishment hard if somebody has his/her second or third punishments.

tmplogo.jpg

Doesn't matter if the competition is real or not, people will grasp even the tiniest bits of hope if it means they get what they desire. The biggest problem with TMP right now is trolls, the competition is clear from the start that there will be 0 tolerance for troll. Can you see why there's people waiting for it? Also, its a good thing TMP has competition, real or not, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

About the trolls:

Want to stop trolls? Stronger rules. Why would a troll NOT troll if he KNOWS that the in-game report systems doesn't work 80% of the time and even if a web report is made they might get anything between 1 hours and 3 days for something really bad like ramming everyone in C-D because the ban length is up to the mod? 

Here is how to combat trolls:

• Higher minimum steam hours from 2 to something like 100.
  • FIXED minimum ban length but no limits for maximum ban length .
  • MORE ADMINS.    

He is how to NOT combat trolls:

• Let something important like the /fix be decided by the community, which is infested with trolls.
  • Decline every reasonable suggestion on how to stop trolls OR open it to discussion which, again, is infested with trolls.

Here is a word for the ingame admins:

I don't care if you have a 9 to 5 job or family, if you don't have time for the game you shouldn't be a game moderator.

Let me ask you a question, I see the troll being mentioned all the time but here it is.

What is the difference between a "Troll" and a player that never read the rules and thinks it's OK to ram and block other players.

in the first scenarion a troll knows the rules and intentionaly wants to annoye other players.

In the second scenarion the player was just not aware of the rules because like most everyone , he didn't read the rules. 

Do you treat them the same? We've seen many players, once informed that what they did is illegal and not allowed become very good players. 

The troll should not get a second chance but as you can see it's not too obvious he is a troll. Trolls don't drive around with a Tag "I'm a troll, ban me" although I've seen that before.

My point is that you have to give players a chance to redeem themselves. Sure we could ban everyone perm on the first offense! There wouldn't be much players left :)

On 2/13/2018 at 9:00 PM, scarface0359 said:

increasing the minimum amount from 2 hours to 100 will lower the chances of attracting new players. Not everyone is interested in spending 4 full days in singleplayer before being able to go into a free multiplayer mod.

Do you work on the TMP mod or for the sales team of SCS? You are the Project  Leader of the TMP mod and as such you shouldn't be worried about attracting "new players" (with 0 hours in the game) to TMP. If someone buys ETS2 it should be because they Like Trucking sims not because they like TMP. Maybe the TMP community is so full of trolls because instead of wanting to attract the Truck Sim community people like you want to attract "new players".  If someone can't spend some time  in the singleplayer part of a Truck Sim game maybe but just maybe, Truck Sim is not for them.

6 minutes ago, Sysgen said:

What is the difference between a "Troll" and a player that never read the rules and thinks it's OK to ram and block other players. (...) Do you treat them the same?

Everyone should be treated the same, if the unaware-of-the-rules player gets banned its their problem for not reading the rules. 

Just now, Sysgen said:

Then Bye-bye your player base, you've never heard of a second chance! Since around 20K bans are given each month, how long you think before everyone is banned and screaming to you that they love this game and please please please unban me? Or on the opposite,  get guys screaming and Insulting and even threaten you.

Not knowing the rules is not a acceptable excuse for breaking them. If you get banned one time, doesn't know the rules and doesn't  go "maybe I should read the rules to not commit the same error again" you have a problem sir.

Good evening!

People are naturally interested in other projects, as those projects might have different approaches to the problems we see in TruckersMP. However, only when those projects are available can we draw conclusions.

On 13/02/2018 at 11:00 PM, scarface0359 said:

That is a really disappointing comment @scarface0359! Are you trying to sell copies of the game for SCS or develop a MOD and a community around it? If the true objective of this MOD is to have "new players", that explains everything that is wrong with this MOD.

TruckersMP as a multiplayer MOD for a simulator should value the principles of the original game (a simulator!).

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

This is the only multiplayer mod for ETS2 and ATS (at this moment). We want it to be accessible for everyone that wants to play on it. Starting to set incredible high requirements to be able to connect for the first time will not lower the chances of attracting trolls, it will only delay their arrival with a few days.

Instead of doing rather unneeded changes, such as increasing the minimum required hours, we prefer to work on long term solution which are being worked on as we speak. It took us a long time to be where we are, and there is still a long way to go. We know this, and we are working on it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Archived