New multiplayer mods.

RootKiller

Hi!

So as the 'father' of the multiplayer mod it is time to write something about new multiplayer projects that appear on the scene.

I know some of you are annoyed by decision made by TruckersMP developers - either am I (/fix :)). Anyway I noticed a lot of you are starting to get hyped about new multiplayer mods that appear. Some of those projects - as far as I can remember - started a lot of years ago and since then they have no real progress. What i want to say here is I do recommend EVERYONE to be safe in this regard, do not trust in projects that showed no real evidence of existence, as long as you do not see some gameplay video do not get hyped please! Prism3d as the engine is freaking hard to get if you don't have help hand (as we've had from Komat from SCS) you would not be able to do it quickly.

And.. if you want to make TruckersMP better place - you can always suggest developers of the mod how they should handle issues with trolls etc. It is not an easy task to work on the such big (MMO!) mod + most of the staff is working for no single coin (advertisements and donations are mostly going to buy servers which are expensive). I'm pretty sure guys will really appreciate some suggestions.

Thank you for your attention.
Eryk
Founder of ETS2MP, Ex-lead developer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! Like someone said, "I don't know how fast a 3 persons team can develop and maintain a massive multiplayer mod..." Their web has a down-counter, for 2 weeks or so, some people seem to believe that they'll be able to play in a new MP platform in a couple of weeks, but that counter is just for the website, there's nothing about when (if) the actual mod will see the light.

Anyway, like I said in another topic, if this new mod is going to be the way they are announcing it, TruckersMP will have no competition. It's like making EU#1 server a lot more policed, with lower speed limits and bans for any broken rules. Right now, EU#1 server is low populated, it would become even less populated. The only possitive things that I've read are that they will allow external mods and they'll allow also AI traffic (I wonder what monster-servers they will be using). But that alone won't "steal" those players that enjoy the EU#2 server, who are a vast majority of TruckersMP playerbase.

On the fight against trolls... I guess they already made it, more or less. It's called EU#1. Forced speed limiter, no cars allowed, less people interested in playing the game as it was meant to be played, so it's very difficult to find trolls in that server. Over a month using it and: Not one single report (because I found nothing to report), not one single accident caused by another player, all my deliveries except for one, finished with Excellent (and the one I failed, it was my own fault).

It's my personal priority as a game moderator to get rid of as many trolls as possible so the game is an enjoyable experience for players. 

Personally also I would say; do not troll or make fun of those others trying to make new mods. Yes even if they fail, I wish them the best of luck and for the courage in trying. You wouldn't want someone laughing at you or wishing you failure so don't treat others the way you wouldn't want to be treated :)

Whether the other mod finally takes off or not who really knows,but its always good to have a choice. Telling people not to trust the other mod is not the right way to go about it either.I myself along with a bunch of other people have gone back to 100% single player.The trolls on ats are running amok..The only time you see an admin on the ats side is if there is something new released..It doesn't matter if there are 5 people on that server i guarantee one of the five is breaking the rules..

I think a lot folks here are going off the line of what Root was saying..

"What i want to say here is I do recommend EVERYONE to be safe in this regard, do not trust in projects that showed no real evidence of existence, as long as you do not see some gameplay video do not get hyped please!"

He's saying stay safe, don't trust projects with no evidence of it actually working. There are unfortunately some bad people out there who might use a "new mod platform" for a bad purpose..

However there may also be good people working hard on something new. And that once we see real progress & evidence from those projects, then it's something obviously players have the choice of choosing. 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Like someone said, "I don't know how fast a 3 persons team can develop and maintain a massive multiplayer mod..."

That was me! :D

There is no use in being arrogant or hostile with other projects, so keep your mind open and neutral.
Other projects might promise people the moon- but that is not what counts in the end. Only where one enjoys oneself the most counts. And everyone is free to make that choice for oneself.

9 hours ago, RootKiller said:

And.. if you want to make TruckersMP better place - you can always suggest developers of the mod how they should handle issues with trolls etc.

That seems to be the problem @RootKiller, like I have suggested for the minimum hours to be put up to at least 50 hours to reduce the amount of trolls to just jump on it by buying the game, play two hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and voila you are in!

It got declined.

The trouble is the game itself is too cheap and I think that's why this game is an easy target for trolls and abusers.

So I think there needs to be a tactic to combat this and one way is what I have suggested. That way this should discourage trollers.

@scarface0359

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

10 hours ago, RootKiller said:

if you want to make TruckersMP better place - you can always suggest developers of the mod how they should handle issues with trolls etc.

I have suggestion which might fix some trolls. If you see in 2 million accounts there are many members who just created TMP accounts randomly just to troll and all the members are able to play in mp with account activated or not activated.I know TMP team tracks ban evaders using IP but i also heard its easy to change IP address. Please fix Activation bug. so only players who have activated account can play in multiplayer and they should link games to profile. I mean there should be only 1 TMP account for 1 steam account. If a permanently banned person wants to play in mp then all they need to buy game with new steam profile or wait 1 year to clear ban. Its just profit to SCS if they purchase game.
8cwbYJr.png

UxiKSFa.png

Concerns about trolls are understandable at this moment, and please know that we understand that this is a problem.

The mod as it is now isn't final and will be changed through the time yet to come, this includes the /fix command.

We have some great plans to be realized which will hopefully push away trolls from those that actually want a simulation experience.

In regards to the topic itself, thank you Root for your post. We know that some people are sceptical about us and our future and that they are eager to get started on other mods that should enter the competition against us.

We welcome any competitor we might face in the future. Just understand that creating something like this requires skills, knowledge and an awesome team. Without that, you're pretty much lost from the start.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

2 hours ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

That seems to be the problem @RootKiller, like I have suggested for the minimum hours to be put up to at least 50 hours to reduce the amount of trolls to just jump on it by buying the game, play two hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and voila you are in!

I think 100 hour minimum would put a stop to alot of the trolling. Tmp say 's there are 2 million users ,but you have too look at how many of those are players with multiple accounts. I also think 6 bans is too  many for a permanent  ban.. Needs to be three and your gone. IMO

• Game Developer

Big respect to you, @RootKiller, you started an amazing project. :)

1 hour ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

It would be crazy if it gets changed. Imagine how the number of players would decrease. I think there are a lot of players who have played under 50 hours.

Personally I would like to see all players must have activated their accounts. Because many of trolls do not have activated accounts. And I would like to know why. :D

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

3 hours ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

43 minutes ago, Graywolf71 said:

I think 100 hour minimum would put a stop to alot of the trolling.

To be honest Increasing Minimum hours to 100 or more doesn't stop trollers .well if they buy new game then 100 hours doesn't matter to them.  Its easy to get 100 hours in game like running game for 5 days at AFK .:D but in another view there are some people who are new to this game and new to our community, and they don't play much during the weekdays due to work/job. They only play for some hours during weekends. :)

UxiKSFa.png

Archived