Website v2.4 release

HumaneWolf

24 minutes ago, .cL Mariio said:

wow, I think a lot of guys from the staff will not agree with this, including me. But I guess they have a weighty reason for doing this (?)

It really sucks, if an administrator banishes a wrong guy (instead of banning for 1 month he banishes for 1 day) the whistleblower will not know if the administrator has applied the ideal punishment. It is a good update to hide administrative errors.

• Thanks 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

Hello everyone!

Since this topic went online, we observed the topic and listened to your feedback. Therefore we have now updated the website again, changes are listed below:

2 minutes ago, _J-M said:
  • User can decide to hide or display their ban to the public
  • It will now display when the account will be unbanned on the user profile (Where it display the banned message)

We are open for any constructive critism and/or feedback you may have. 

• Thanks 1
  • HaulieLove 2

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

6 minutes ago, _J-M said:

v2.4.24

• کاربر می تواند تصمیم بگیرد که ممنوعیت خود را برای عموم پنهان کند یا نمایش دهد
  • در حال حاضر نمایش داده خواهد شد زمانی که حساب کاربری در نمایه کاربر غیر فعال شود (که در آن پیام ممنوع شده را نمایش می دهد)

In my view, the ban should be visible to all users
This is just my opinion.

I hope you understand

Thanks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, _J-M said:

v2.4.24

• It will now display when the account will be unbanned on the user profile (Where it display the banned message)

That's better. Although I liked the old system more, because it was fully transparent, I can understand the decision. The problem is, that players who were banned, hide their bans to not get "exposed" (This could maybe the case for famous YouTubers, like Tony 747, for example). A better solution (in my opinion would be) to be able to either display all information from the bans, or to just display very basic information (Total number of bans, Total banned time, When the last ban was) and nothing more. That way players who were banned, can't completely hide, but still have some kind of privacy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13

• Web Developer
29 minutes ago, MrJonton01 [Security/GER] said:

That's better. Although I liked the old system more, because it was fully transparent, I can understand the decision. The problem is, that players who were banned, hide their bans to not get "exposed" (This could maybe the case for famous YouTubers, like Tony 747, for example). A better solution (in my opinion would be) to be able to either display all information from the bans, or to just display very basic information (Total number of bans, Total banned time, When the last ban was) and nothing more. That way players who were banned, can't completely hide, but still have some kind of privacy.

This is a very constructive feedback. I would say create a feedback ticket for the project manager to suggest him that.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 3

3 hours ago, _J-M said:

v2.4.24

Truth is nothing constructive. That's why it hurts. This update is not enough, more errors will continue to be committed, the old way already had problems. I just noticed that a ban that was supposed to be permanent was given for 3 months, I know this because I wrote down, but how do I prove it? open a feedback to say I'm a liar? I'm not crazy. It is sad to see the reporting system being destroyed by very few administrators.

• True Story 1

On 9/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

the user submitted a report and the intruder was banned for 3 days. After 3 days, the ban expired and the intruder was released, but at that moment another user submits a report for violation, for which the offender was already punished.

That has happened to me already multiple times in the past and is therefore not caused by hidden bans but by the order that reports are processed.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:17 PM, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

If violators do not want other players to learn the history of the bans of violators, then they can stop violating the rules. And then no one will see or recognize anything.

What you ask for is easier said than done. Because nobody is infallible.

If you want to have your bans displayed public, you can go to Account > Edit Profile then scroll down until you see "Display your bans on your profile and API" underneath "Display your forum profile link" and then tick the box next to it. You can see an excemple of where it is here.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

3 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

That has happened to me already multiple times in the past and is therefore not caused by hidden bans but by the order that reports are processed.

Of course everyone can make mistakes. But it is a difference if someone has one ban in 2 years for just not paying attention once or if someone has 4 or 5 bans in 1 year just because he can't behave and ruins fun for other players.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

18 hours ago, _J-M said:

v2.4.24

What difference does it make? Everything remains the same. Users who have many bans will hide their history of bans and nobody will see it. And users who have nothing to hide, this function is not needed, because for them this feature is useless. :D

"The more done, the worse the result." :angry:

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Really? Do not think about other people by your example. All people are different. On the site TruckersMP there are a lot of accounts created in 2014-2015 and which are active so far and they do not have bans in history. 

But you probably have something to hide. :huh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

Really? Do not think about other people by your example. All people are different. On the site TruckersMP there are a lot of accounts created in 2014-2015 and which are active so far and they do not have bans in history. 

But you probably have something to hide. :huh:

Just because a player has no entries in his/ her punishment history does not mean that he/ she is infallible.
It is human to make mistakes. We only differ in how we progress and learn from our mistakes.

Your suspicion however is unfounded - I do not have anything to hide.
And I invite everybody to check out my TruckersMP profile. You will only discover one entry in my punishment history from 2017 (that I appealed successfully).
You are all entitled to your own opinion on this.

14 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Just because a player has no entries in his/ her punishment history does not mean that he/ she is infallible.

We are here to discuss the game. And the degree of sinlessness is also discussed within the game. Do not go away from the topic of conversation, trying to give the conversation some deeper meaning. This is a forum for discussion of the game, and not a philosophical club.:huh:

On 9/4/2018 at 1:43 AM, _J-M said:

v2.4.24

• 用户可以决定隐藏或向公众展示他们的禁令。
  • 现在,它将在用户配置文件上显示帐户未禁用的时间(其中显示禁用消息)。

Hello, JM, I think the ban display should be set to public by default, let the player choose to hide!

4 hours ago, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

We are here to discuss the game. And the degree of sinlessness is also discussed within the game. Do not go away from the topic of conversation, trying to give the conversation some deeper meaning. This is a forum for discussion of the game, and not a philosophical club.:huh:

No need to worry.

This conversation is more than miles away from becoming even close to anything that is related to philosophy.
If you are under the impression that my intention was or is to turn this thread into philosophical discussion, you might want to verify if what you understand as such is correct.

As you correctly stated earlier, all people are different. And I think that the option to hide or show a players punishment history takes very well account of that.
If one has such a strong interest in another players punishment history, one is perfectly entitled to simply ask that player for it.
Maybe an option to export the punishment history as csv-file or pdf-document would be supportive.

In a nutshell, I welcome that option for my given reasons in this thread.