Website v2.4 release

HumaneWolf

• 3 weeks later...
On 11-2-2018 at 11:42 AM, HumaneWolf said:

14 day cooldown before you can register after deleting your account added (Steam ID will be cached for 14 days, then deleted).

Very happy with this.

• 2 weeks later...

no its not looks good. are u ok? why are u hiding player bans from public? so if player is bad, braindead so i cant know about it? i think all u know about VTC's so how managers of those groups of people can get at least some information about player? i cant understand u, truckersmp have so many problems in game and i think everything just going down and down. GOOD JOB. gg wp ets2mp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

@x004cc_174rus My guess is that they decided to do this because of the several complaints that raised when people discovered that TMP staff could have their ban history hidden. IMO it is a mistake, I've had people reported and later seen that they had been banned for 3-4 days when it was their 4th ban. A PM to the game moderator warning about this made it possible to set things right and give the reported player the deserved 1 month ban. Now... No way to know. Players will now have to blindly trust that GMs are doing things right. And like @[EVOQUE] BUSH said, it'll only be possible for VTCs to "judge" players who want to join by asking them to submit their profiles making the recruiting process more difficult.

• Thanks 4
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

On 2/11/2018 at 1:42 PM, HumaneWolf said:

v2.4.23

• Hiding player bans from public & API.

Why was this done? For what? This leads to some inconvenience for reporting.

1. Users do not see the previous bans, and therefore there will be many repeated reports of violations from different users.In the end, some users do not immediately submit a report and collect evidence in one large video, and then submit several reports at once.

2. The user who submitted the report does not see how long the player was banned. But how about keeping the evidence?

23154922_m.png

For what «PLUS 1 mount»?

3. This does not allow users to monitor deviations from the ban.

4. This does not allow users to verify the correctness of the designated moderator bans. In the end, moderators are the same players as everyone else, but only they have a little more authority, do not they?

5. And, as already mentioned [EVOQUE] BUSH, this will entail some disagreements when choosing employees in VTC.

For what purpose were these changes made? Do you want to cover offenders? Or do you want to hide the mistakes of moderators from the eyes of users?What will be the next step? Do you delete all the rules and cancel bans?

I agree with those who wrote their opinion above: hiding the history of bans is a big mistake. This change will appeal only to unscrupulous users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 4

On 9/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@x004cc_174rus My guess is that they decided to do this because of the several complaints that raised when people discovered that TMP staff could have their ban history hidden. IMO it is a mistake, I've had people reported and later seen that they had been banned for 3-4 days when it was their 4th ban. A PM to the game moderator warning about this made it possible to set things right and give the reported player the deserved 1 month ban. Now... No way to know. Players will now have to blindly trust that GMs are doing things right. And like @[EVOQUE] BUSH said, it'll only be possible for VTCs to "judge" players who want to join by asking them to submit their profiles making the recruiting process more difficult.

Agree with you, I do same with my reports, checking all of them after report.....

If they wanna to make hidden ban history of staff, so do it with staff ban history only. 

Or make to non-hidden information about active ban.

And public information about bans is a part of non-corrupt system, when GM always know that all of TMP team can control his justice.

The day when a ban history is maked as hidden is the day of corruption born :D  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

1 hour ago, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

1. Users do not see the previous bans, and therefore there will be many repeated reports of violations from different users.In the end, some users do not immediately submit a report and collect evidence in one large video, and then submit several reports at once.

As far as I know, Game Moderators will collect and put together all evidences of the same violation and use all of them as reason for the punishment.

2. The user who submitted the report does not see how long the player was banned. But how about keeping the evidence?

23154922_m.png

I agree - it will be impossible to know when the evidence can be taken off if one does not know the length of the punishment.

For what purpose were these changes made? Do you want to cover offenders? Or do you want to hide the mistakes of moderators from the eyes of users?What will be the next step? Do you delete all the rules and cancel bans?

I agree with those who wrote their opinion above: hiding the history of bans is a big mistake. This change will appeal only to unscrupulous users.

I believe that every player has the right to be treated equally and fair. This can not necessarily be ensured if a players punishment history is public visible.
The punishment history should only be visible by the player and the responsible Game Moderator(s).

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

lol ive been looking at staff bans some have 5 1 or 3 but there old bans 

56 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:
2 hours ago, [RTA] severe116RUS said:

As far as I know, Game Moderators will collect and put together all evidences of the same violation and use all of them as reason for the punishment.

You do not read carefully and therefore do not understand what I'm talking about. I will give a simple example for you: the user submitted a report and the intruder was banned for 3 days. After 3 days, the ban expired and the intruder was released, but at that moment another user submits a report for violation, for which the offender was already punished. Many users can record video with the same violation and send reports at different times. Such reports will be useless, but the moderators will still spend time on them, instead of engaging in other reports. 

In addition, some moderators may not notice a second report and banned the user a second time in one violation. Then an appeal and this also takes time. As a result, the TruckersMP team will receive from users only distrust and discontent.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I believe that every player has the right to be treated equally and fair. 

That's right: EVERY PLAYER!!! Why can someone by their violation of the rules prevent other players from playing and getting pleasure from the game? Why does someone break the rules and at the same time other players can not know about it? 

If violators do not want other players to learn the history of the bans of violators, then they can stop violating the rules. And then no one will see or recognize anything. 

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

This can not necessarily be ensured if a players punishment history is public visible.

Not necessarily, but including the public history of bans inclusive. To combat violators there must always be many different ways. It is not necessary to exclude one of the methods. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

@ScaniaFan89 There were some issues with dark theme being incompatible with current version of forums. Once the issues gets fixed, the dark theme should be available again.

• Like 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel