Inactiveness in ATSMP

DJ Geordan

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 8:09 AM, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@clifty69

explain why, in your opinion, ETS2 is the better game for MP?  because in my opinion both games are good for MP. saying that because it is older makes it better or because it has a higher player count doesn't mean its better.

i never said the higher player count so not to sure why you said that or the fact it is older,, player count has nothing to do with it, ets2 is better on mp due to the areas you can go as their are more dlcs, but not as keen on promods on ets2, where i think ats has the sp down to a tee every city different and when it comes to map mods on ats the delivery points etc are 10x better than ets2.

@clifty69

both have good map dlcs, ETS2 currently has 1 more map dlc,  ATS has its 4th map dlc in development. I don't use map mods in SP so I cant say if they are any good or not. as for the drop offs, I do agree that in both in MP and SP has better drop off locations then ETS. both have their easy and difficult drop off locations which I like. and to top it off ATS to my knowledge has the only job site, depending on your parking settings, that you have to back into to park. 

i play both diversions, the as it were reason I like ETS is the distinctive view and street formats, I disdain the lighter weight cab over fashion trucks. I incline toward ATS for the measure of the streets, the truck styles and view that I have seen in genuine life. as for the C-D street, on the US server it is exceptionally calm. as for the US ATS server, it has more action at that point the ETS server.

After playing both for many hours, admittedly ETS a whole lot more than ATS, I do enjoy both very much although not equally.

For m the sheer lack of content in ATS is one of the sole reasons I think people don't play it online, there's just simply not enough diversity in trucks, states and so forth right now. Ofcourse naturally over the years this will change, and I'm sure ATS will cost me a lot more money in the end than ETS until it reaches "finished", but that's a topic for another thread. ;) This is evident by looking at how the community reacted when ATS first released: It was very populated at the beginning in MP, a lot of people had been waiting for TruckersMP to support it, and when it finally it did, it looked as though it was going to be the next best thing. Very quickly, in the space of weeks into a few months, it declined into the state it's in now, with steady peaks and declines since. This kind of tells me it didn't captivate people quite like ETS did, and the only reason I  can think of is as I've mentioned above.

As it stands, there's much more to see and do in ETS right now than in ATS. Time will change this, but right now this is the current state of affairs. 

Just my 2 cents. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived