Inactiveness in ATSMP

DJ Geordan

It's a good question, one that many ask around here.

At the moment, ATS just doesn't seem to attract many users; I think the lack of DLC content, and limited amount of roads to drive on doesn't help with the low number of users playing. In most cases, ETS2 will always will over ATS, as the game is more developed, more DLC content and a higher number of roads to drive on (that's what you get when a game has been out for 4 years). Additionally, a lot of users want to drive on busy roads, not empty open highways, hense why ETS2 is a much more popular game. I have to say, 300 people in the EU server is not a low number, considering it was around 100 a few months back. It's not that people don't play; it's just the volume of people that play is far less than that on ETS2.

I think as more content and DLC's are introduced, we'll see more users going back and playing ATS in multiplayer, but at the moment, ATS just isn't doing it for a lot of people.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• Game Developer

If you want to drive on busy roads, you should play ETS 2, what you have in your library, too. :)

And as others said ETS 2 has more roads. The second reason is also the age of the game - it has been out for over 5 years and on YouTube there are many videos from it.

People want to play with other players and Europe 2 in ETS 2 it's exactly that. ^_^

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

I think,Tucson,Phoenix,Las Vegas and New Mexico.I saw more players in these cities than other cities.Also race track looking like to be a popular destination.

1 hour ago, DJ Geordan said:

@Aestrial Hmm, I the same much prefer ETS2, the Calais - Duisburg road is very fun, attempting to make it the entire way with less than 10% damage.

I just wish there was sometimes more of that type of challenge in ATS.

Oh hell no...

Sure there could be some more players, but I'm actually playing ATS because there is NOTHING similar to Calais-Duisburg. This road doesn't mean fun for me. It's more like a hell.

For the same reason the France and Italy DLC areas are deserted; the majority of the community is not interested in actual trucking or enjoying high quality scenery, they just want to play like it's an arcade game

Newbie here, actually prefer driving on ATSMP due to the empty roads until I'm better at the game so I don't run into other drivers and cause damage, but after a certain time it seems the gates are opened and it seems more like a demolition derby or race track the way people act. 

i play both games, the only reason I like ETS is the different scenery and road layouts, I dislike the lighter weight cab over style trucks. I prefer ATS for the size of the roads, the truck styles and scenery that I have seen in real life. as for the C-D road, on the US server it is very quiet. as for the  US ATS server, it has more activity then the ETS server. 

300 people on ATS?  Wow, thems good numbers.

I just do me when playing MP.  I usually leave out from PHX, hit the dealership there for a bit to see who's doing what, and may hook onto a small convoy or offer to run with another driver.  Better even, I'll grab a load, park back at the dealership, then ask if anyone wants to roll with.  That way I can still go where I want.

If I'm after the essence of the game, I've got my Klaas Eco Mod SP account to play on.  MP is just a fun way to play with others.

@Nizam Logistics DarkAngel,

ETS2 and ATS merging is merely rumours and is very unlikely to happen; merging both games, considering there differences is a massive amount of work, if not impossible from the start. Moreover, I doubt that many players want a merged ETS2/ATS game. Even though the games are the same in essence, they are very different, and a merge would be a recipe for disaster in my opinion. So, merge of both games is nothing more than evidence-less speculation.

The smaller amount of choice in regards to trucks is a good point tho; many like a wide-range of trucks to drive and choose from, and that's where ATS is possibly falling short for many.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

2 hours ago, Nizam Logistics DarkAngel said:

Because ATS doesn't have lot trucks and doesn't have dlcs . Since l8ng time ago , I heard that ATS and ETS can merge . But impossible I think .

your first point, ATS has only a few trucks. it is true they only have 4 trucks and more wont be added until they get the licenses for them. your second point, ATS doesn't have dlcs, that is totally an inaccurate statement. just comparing map expansion dlcs ETS has 4 which are going east, Scandinavia, france and Italy. ATS has 3, Nevada (free), Arizona (free) and new mexico (paid). new cargo types. ETS has 3, high powered, heavy cargo and special transport. ATS has 1 heavy cargo. the rest of ETS's dlcs only add visuals and stuff for inside of the trucks, which are not as important (IMO). 

19 hours ago, Aestrial said:

@Nizam Logistics DarkAngel,

ETS2 and ATS merging is merely rumours and is very unlikely to happen; merging both games, considering there differences is a massive amount of work, if not impossible from the start. Moreover, I doubt that many players want a merged ETS2/ATS game. Even though the games are the same in essence, they are very different, and a merge would be a recipe for disaster in my opinion. So, merge of both games is nothing more than evidence-less speculation.

The smaller amount of choice in regards to trucks is a good point tho; many like a wide-range of trucks to drive and choose from, and that's where ATS is possibly falling short for many.

Thanks for your comment , yes I agree with you . I just heard . I didn't see evidence about this .

Part of the problem is that there is very few quality manufacturers in the US for both big rigs and passenger vehicles alike.... in fact even though I am American I can't think of more than one or two vehicles produced by a US company, car truck or big rig, that I'd want to waste my money on. So anyway they are likely having problems finding many attractive US brands to put into the game. Probably will end up having to just bring the European/Asian companies in.... which is what I think they should have done to begin with. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

^ there are several quality manufactures such as, Freightliner, Mack, International, and Volvo US. just to name a few. if you notice I listed Volvo as a US manufacture, since they do make trucks here in the states, and yes they do have 1 license from Volvo, however the reason there are 0 Volvo trucks in ATS is, they don't have the license from Volvo US to put their trucks in the game. as for bringing in the EU and Asian trucks in the game, still need the licenses for the Asian trucks, plus the EU trucks are already in SP via mods. 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:42 AM, Iron Spirit said:

For the same reason the France and Italy DLC areas are deserted; the majority of the community is not interested in actual trucking or enjoying high quality scenery, they just want to play like it's an arcade game

Well to me france is really annoying to drive too many tollboths, italy is kinda nice but its to empty at the moment. 

Nowfor ats the states arent interesting to drive, the scenery is really desolated and the roads are really boring (just straight roads)

^

for the states that have almost no scenery, that is mostly accurate to their real counterparts, such as the state I live in which is Nevada. I live north of las vegas and between there and here there is nothing really to see. are the roads mostly straight, yes again for the desert states, and that is because you really don't need to avoid much in the desert., as for cailfornia  there is plenty to see there since it isn't mostly a desert state.

Archived