Server Synchronized Gates

TeamDeer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I agree with @teamdeer that adding such a feature would be beneficial, especially for areas of high population and those in convoys.

+1 to this suggestion 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/02/2018 at 11:29 AM, teamdeer said:

Suggestion Name:  Server Synchronized Gates

Suggestion Description: All of the gates in Italy and at the toll booths should be synced so that all players can see them open/close for other players. I'd imagine that this would not be hard to code since all players can see the train, crossing gates, and stop lights synced perfectly.

Any example images: None.

Why should it be added?: It would add to the realism in truck sim and would be a nice addition to the online world.

Will be good if pretty much everything is synced including weather.

Is this so important for You that You can see of the gate open is for another player ? I think the first thing is, that is a lot work to sync all. 

The same with the garage, not everybody have a big garage and the people with a small garage see me or another players driving in to the textures but nobody have a problem with it.

I will remember only, TMP Staff development is creating a mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and this is not an official multiplayer client.

For me it's not needed, but if they sync it - it's okay.

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, cFerguson said:

I think syncing everything is a good idea, but it might not even be possible. And if it is, it might be alot of back end work. 

props to the devs if they can pull this off in an update.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:37 AM, [VIVA] PsychicznyMajster said:

Is this so important for You that You can see of the gate open is for another player ? I think the first thing is, that is a lot work to sync all. 

The same with the garage, not everybody have a big garage and the people with a small garage see me or another players driving in to the textures but nobody have a problem with it.

I will remember only, TMP Staff development is creating a mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and this is not an official multiplayer client.

For me it's not needed, but if they sync it - it's okay.

Synced gates already happened, and I even remember seeing them in action back then: 

So all that's seemingly needed is compatibility with some of the newer tollgates, and fixes to work with the latest update. If we were able to pull it off the first time, I imagine it would be possible once again.

Either way, I am in support of suggestion, and hope this does get addressed in the future.

• Upvote 1

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

• 3 weeks later...

+1 This is an annoyance for sure. It shouldn't be too difficult to sync these like traffic signals and time have been synced. Weather, on the other hand, might be difficult, but that's a different topic. The sense of realism is also broken when seeing another truck drive through a gate that is closed from your view.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...