What's with the hate towards cars? [INCLUDES POLL]

Aisopos

What makes you hate the cars, really?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Have you driven a car in Euro Truck Simulator 2 before?

2. 2. Have you learnt the driving pattern for the cars?

3. 3. Your true reason of hating cars in ETS2?

• They ram me
    • They are dangerously fast
    • They have bad brakes (see below for an easy fix)
    • I have no problem with them

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/18 at 10:00 PM

1 minute ago, MrCipr said:

People are using this cars for racing, thats all. When i see those cars on the road C - D, its very dangerous.

Why are your attention when there is a fast a car. There are trucks traveling at 150 KM / H on the D-C road. It just does not mean Skoda troll. If there is a problem with Skoda, it would be with the trucks too. 

54 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

If you really can handle that vehicle at 250 Km/h and keep it under control, good for you. But most of the players using the car can't keep it under control doing 180 Km/h, those players are the danger, not their vehicles.

If the player can not control the Skoda, he should not use it. I know I can control my car. It must act by thinking of things that may be in the at first. Then we need to get to know the car. the car's physics and so on. Otherwise, unconscious driving, excessive speed, accidents will occur. With these results they may not like Skodals.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Carrera18 Precisely because of the car's physics, driving it faster than 200 Km/h is simply reckless. People who do that will eventually cause "accidents" (which I call reckless driving and ramming) and will be reported and banned. By the way, it's not Skoda, that's a registered trademark and can't be used in a game without paying a license and having permission from the owner, the MP car's name is Scout. Remember the times when we could drive Majestics, Valiants, Ivedos and DAVs?

@MrCipr Again, not cars and not trucks without trailers are a problem at all. It's the people who drive them recklessly. I can drive cars, I can drive trucks without trailers, and I will do it following the speed limits and the traffic rules, that's my way. Would I be a problem just because I'm driving a car or a truck? Would those vehicles be a problem in the game? I don't think so. And I can tell that a majority of my reports where about players driving trucks with trailers attached. Does that mean that trucks with trailers are also a problem? NO. Just the people who were driving them

I wouldn’t say I hate the cars, but I’d say they do cause quite an inconvenience. I reckon the majority of car hate comes from the fact that unknowing players buy and use the cars, and straight away go to busy areas, not knowing how fast they can go and how bad the brakes are by default. Of course you do get trolls, but you can report them and get rid of them.

If I could give any advice to new car users I’d say test them on a less populated server or less populated road/area (Like Liverpool on ETS2- it has motorways and dual carriageways and regular roads, but isn’t normally populated :)), so you can get to realise how to control them (Especially with steering wheels and pedals, they turn ridiculously fast and can flip over if you hit the brake too hard as I found out the first time I got a wheel and pedals xD) and to change the brake intensity, then you should be good to go onto more populated roads.

@FernandoCR [ESP] I'm not talking about the car's physics being good. The driver, must know it has been drive the car, the road grip. These two are separate things. Namely, in a likely situation, where the car is to will be rolled over, where to stop, they should know. It is not known how realistic the car's physics are. But you need to know the physics of car for game. That's what I said. If it does not recognize the car, it should not be speeding. This will cause accidents. here you are right. things I said for the 2nd question. It is true that the laws of physics can cause reckless driving for 200 km/h. I want to know the car, the intersection points that I drive in real life. how successful does my car holding the way. Accordingly I drive my car on the road. Except for the rules. that is, when you do not know Skoday, there will be accidents. so of course you will hate it.

It is useless to hate cars, as they are not the true cause of the problem.
One could hate trucks the same.

As correctly stated before, the problem is caused by the vehicles driver.
The majority of them regard themselves as safe drivers, wich they are actually not.
They are overconfident in their driving abilities. And overconfidence is a huge risk in road traffic, because it ignores potential dangers that come along with it.
Do not fool yourself - you can not outsmart physics and you can not predict other road traffic participants behavior.
Also, there is no first or second place in an accident.

If you think that you can safely and constantly control a vehicle at excessive speeds, I regard you not only as an overconfident driver but also as a reckless driver.
Because you intentionally accept the risk to put other road traffic participants in danger.

But all hope is not lost!

The secret to become a safe driver is self-awareness. Again: self-awareness is key.

Be honest with yourself. Know your weaknesses. But also know your strengths.

If you want to prove yourself, find out where you can improve your skills.
Improvement can be to not allow oneself to be distracted by the smartphone, the GPS, the radio... you name it.
Improvement can be to give way to other road traffic participants.
improvement can also be to become aware of speed limits.

Find something in your daily travels that you think you can improve and of what not only you could benefit from.

Drive safely!

Skoda can drive over 200 km / h. It is very dangerous xD

Nevertheless, I have no problems with other players.:troll:

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

I have no issue with cars. I just know they are hard to control with a keyboard from personal experience, so they lose control and ram a lot once they get over a certain speed. Only times I really hate cars is when you are in a city with the no brake gang then you are just screwed 

I have no problem with cars, its the people who drive them and don't use the brake sensitivity correctly or anything else for that matter.

I have driven a car and understand it is hard but you just need some practice and if you aren't confident in driving a car then drive slowly...

1.Yes,I've drive car before and very pleased of that.It's a great mod and realistic.

2.I learned it technically and made this experience better with a few console commands.

3.We can't criticize all scout drivers with a single sentence.Cars take attention of the players,for this reason most of the players are slant to drive scout.The important thing is not type of vehicle,it's driver.If this person is doesn't know how to drive or troll he will do it,with all vehicles.Shortly,I haven't problem with them.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:43 AM, Crashon said:

1.Yes,I've drive car before and very pleased of that.It's a great mod and realistic.

2.I learned it technically and made this experience better with a few console commands.

3.We can't criticize all scout drivers with a single sentence.Cars take attention of the players,for this reason most of the players are slant to drive scout.The important thing is not type of vehicle,it's driver.If this person is doesn't know how to drive or troll he will do it,with all vehicles.Shortly,I haven't problem with them.

should report or ban if players use skoda to ramming or trolling 

I don't have any problems with the cars. I'm often using it (46k Kilometers) to drive on C-D and chilling with 90kmhs.

It would be ashame removing the car. Its part of ETS2MP.

I understand the whole "it's the driver not the car", that's obvious, although the scout needs a major improvement. But look at it this way... BMW drivers, Audi drivers, Bus Drivers, Cyclists, VW Passat drivers, White van drivers... It's never the vehicle itself that's the problem, but rather the kind of person that vehicle seems to attracts. The scout fits in the same bubble, it attracts idiots who can't drive. Yeah, you'll your good examples, but of all the bad experiences you have, it always seems to be the same ones cropping up again and again. I know I have far more bad experiences with scout drivers than I do truck drivers. Not to mention the added chaos that the scout causes when it gets into a high speed crash...

• 2 weeks later...

Some of them are actually half decent drivers, unfortunatley they get tarred with the same brush. It seems to be the black, white, or brightly coloured cars that are the problem, as they usually belong to the trolls. I have driven a car before, the trick is to drive them slower, you'd be surprised how much torque and power they actually have.

I wonder if the mod could be changed so that the cars handle better? Maybe this would reduce the amount of people getting hit by cars when they lose control at higher speeds. A lot of the time I do not think people ram on purpose, but are just inexperienced or misjudge the capabilities of the cars in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018/2/6 at 5:18 AM, Carrera18 said:

I usually like to drive with 250 km/h. if you know how to control, you can do it. If you do not believe you can control, do not speed with Skoda. Knowing the car's physics rules gives you safe driving. B)

but if you do not like a ban, do not do it. :troll:

Sometimes i will to do it. I always driving with 200 - 220 km/h. But i thought when i using G29 & Shiffter is very easy control.

Of cource , also i am following the rules to playing this game.

Archived