We Visited SCS Software! Here is what we got up to!

London  Truckers.FM

zsZd3LW.jpg

Last week Myself and Pascal from Truckers.FM were lucky enough to be invited the beautiful city of Prague visit SCS Software!
(and of course, see the sights and eat some fantastic food!)

So, your probably wondering. What is the reason for this trip?

Well to be honest, we've always wanted to visit the Czech Republic, especially Prague. It's been on my list for a while and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to visit it.
It's a beautiful city with a rich history which is prevalent to see when you walk around. From the old trams to the beautiful cathedrals, Prague is a city I'd happily get lost in, with surprises around every corner!

If you love food, and drinking then your in luck! Prague is pretty well known for (in some areas) having beer that is cheaper than water, and having some very tasty dishes.
Our long-time friend RootKiller was able treat us to our very first Czech Dish!  I personally had Beef Goulash and Bread Dumplings (Also known as Hovězí Guláš) 
It was incredibly tasty, and those bread dumplings we're just fantastic. But enough words, let my picture below do the talking! NOM. 

PvCGbxZ.jpg
To jídlo bylo vynikající!

Enough about your stomach! What did you do at SCS Software's Offices!?

We we're incredibly privileged to be invited to the home of SCS Software. Before we even get into detail on how it was visiting the offices, we like to extend a HUGE thank you to RootKiller, Nemiro and Pavel for
being so kind to allow us to visit and take us around and introduce us to everyone and just put up with a couple of fan boys basically! But seriously, Děkuji !

QiqOZHi.jpg

I may or may not of intentionally blurred some PC screens. Or maybe they actually are working on a whirlwind DLC. You'll never know.

Nemiro was kind enough to take meet us and take his own time out to take us around the offices, and first thing is WOW.
If you haven't already, vote for SCS Softwares offices for the best one of 2018 (http://blog.scssoft.com/2018/01/meeting-room-of-year-competition.html)
because they really are fantastic.

Each area or section (as seen above) is dedicated to a project/game or task, with a Whiteboard/Sliding TV and Meeting area in front
which are used for team meetings and briefings, and for drawing 8/8 memes on them (which we totally loved, keep on drawing!) 
There are also lots of little meeting rooms, and offices which can be used for individual work or one on one meetings.

They have also have a boss break room. Fatboy Pillows, Coffee, Tea and a great view. Just awesome.
sGIEXLq.jpg

One thing we noticed when being taken around the offices was that each member of the team was working hard. From what we saw, every member was dedicated to their task that day, it was fantastic to see such a great team spirit
and everyone just cracking on with what they were working on. It really gave myself a sense of how much SCS Software care for their community, their games and how much they really are listening to us. 

Did you do anything else in the offices?

Absolutely! Besides our fantastic tour, in which we met a lot of fantastic people (including George.. you know George! He owns George's Radio in the Scania R/S Truck!)
We got to have a try at their Motion Simulator which is used for testing as well as just having fun on. They were the same ones used in the Truck Racing Tour with SCS as featured on the blog.
It was a lot of fun, driving on it makes you aware of how bad of a driver you maybe, especially when you crash. Which I did not.. *cough* 

S8dzOR2.jpg

SCS as a team also came up with an idea prior to our visit to create something special for us  at Truckers.FM for our contribution to the community experience for truckers around the world.
Your reading it here first, and soon you'll be hearing it!

That's right, we were lucky enough to jump into the in-house studio (used to process truck sounds and also everyone favorite In-Game Menu Music!)
to create some special Jingles for Truckers.FM which you'll be hearing very soon EXCLUSIVELY on Truckers.FM 

alrkuRA.png

As you can see, those involved (including Pavel Šebor the CEO!) had a ton of fun. Heck, some even bought their own instruments to play for the recording session
From didgeridoos to ukulele's we made some pretty fun Jingles for listeners to enjoy while trucking.
Again, we were massively grateful for this experience and time we had to chat and bond with the team. It really will be something we won't forget. 

There is honestly so much more I could write about our experience, but I think i'd have to release it as a book if that came to be.
In short, we are super thankful for the friends we met and made in Prague, our time there and the relationships we got to build.

It made me smile ear to ear knowing that a lot of the good folk there knew who we were and what we did, and loved what we do.
They work with passion, dedication and some good food dishes from a downstairs cafeteria. 

z9HgBoY.jpg

If you have any questions about our trip, I'm happy to answer them!
I hope you enjoyed this small report on our trip, and well. Thank you to you all for supporting TruckersFM to get to this point! 
Your all fantastic, Happy Days!

Much Love
London!

TL:DR - Food, Drink, SCS Offices, Recording, Driving, Fun. 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

Archived