Config and SCS files.

Guest Tygrys330

Question

Guest Tygrys330

I'd like to make some custom graphics settings and I'd like to know how to get to the files, as well as open them, to make the changes. I've looked at somethings things only such as the SCS extractor and so on.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

@Tygrys330 To be honest, i don't know how to accomplish that on your own, i know that there are a couple of mods for more realistic graphics settings (you can have a look here for example: https://ets2.lt/en/?s=Graphics). However, please keep in mind that those mods are not compatible with TMP. So i think, even if you manage to change the graphics presets to a more realistic level, i don't think you can use those in Multiplayer... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Dear @Tygrys330, could you please go a bit more into detail what you mean while saying that you would like to change custom graphics settings? Do you want to add new backgrounds to the game, create new truck/trailer skins or just want to make the graphics of your game look a bit more realistic?

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Guest Tygrys330

@[ST-E] T.Rucker Yes.

I'd like to make custom graphics for the environment, to make a more "realistic environment" to drive in. What I mean by this is that I'd like to change the gemma, atmosphere colours and things like that.

trying to get to the files is a hassle and I don't quite know how. but for opening them, just open them as a text file on notepad, if it doesn't work or it comes through encrypted, download and setup visual studio and use that, and if that doesn't work, try using WinRAR to extract the file as a compressed zip file( It should decrypt it during compression)

if that doesn't work have it load in read only mode than switch it when you can, hopefully itll come through decrypted due to the read only attributions