Cant connect to any server (ATS/ETS2): "Error - trying again"

Der Letzte Lude

Question

Hey guys,

for some reason my Launcher suddenly decided to not find any servers whatsoever, despite everything working like a charm yesterday.

Got 2 screenshots of the error for you guys:

https://imgur.com/0u5kHNL

https://imgur.com/oxr1fKa

So far i've tried the following solutions/troubleshooting steps:

- restarted my PC

- restarted my router

- checked my Firewall/Antivirus for an error/some kind of blocking  -> also tried completely turning everything off....to no avail.

- ran the launcher as an administrator

- checked for some kind of Windows Update -> nothing happened between yesterday evening and now

- cleared my cache dns

- finally decided to do a fresh TruckersMP install - that also did NOT help

PS:

My internet connection in general is working absolutely fine - so no, im pretty sure that's not the problem!

Im kind of at a loss over here - any help would be greatly appreciated!

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, BombZ said:

@Der Letzte Lude Hello 

• Reset your modem from the interface and set it back up
  • Verify your ETS2 files on Steam
  • Send a ticket here if your problem is not resolved  https://support.truckersmp.com/  

Good Forums  ^_^

BombZ

-  Already did a full reset of my router/modem

-  Just finished a full verification of all ETS2/ATS files on steam, everything seems to be perfect (doesn't really suprise me considering that the Singeplayer is working perfectly fine)

-  Will send in a ticket later this evening if nobody else can help me out.

Thanks for your quick answer though! :)

Hi @Der Letzte Lude

• Clear the ARP Cache. https://techjourney.net/clear-delete-and-refresh-arp-cache-entry/
  • Make sure your pc is located in a place where there is good signal.
  • Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Make sure Windows Firewall is not blocking the connection. Start by opening Windows Firewall and Restore defaults.
    Spoiler

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

Dear @Der Letzte Lude;

You can find the necessary information by reviewing the guide below.

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

Also;

• Upgrade your connection speed through your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Often ISP's will offer several different connection speeds for different prices. A higher connection speed will allow you to send and receive data faster and lower your ping. You can also switch to a different ISP that offers higher speeds.
  • Use a free online bandwidth testing tool such as BandwidthPlace to ensure you are receiving the speed promised by your ISP. If you are not receiving the advertised speed, let your ISP know and they will attempt to optimize your internet speed.
  • .Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection or router. A fixed line connection allows for a more stable flow of data and will lead to lower ping and smoother game play. Additionally, a wired connection avoids the possibility of other computers simultaneously using the internet and using up bandwidth.
  • Disable any firewalls, such as ZoneAlarm, Norton, and McAfee. Although this step may expose your computer to temporary risks, many firewalls substantially slow down internet connection speed. Disabling firewalls that directly monitor web traffic will lower your ping.
  • Exit any applications that may be using up bandwidth. Heavy bandwidth users include applications or browsers that are downloading music, video or other files. Light bandwidth users include chat programs, open browsers and any other application that uses the internet in any way.
  • Choose a server that is geographically close to you. Using servers that are geographically close to you to lowers your ping because the amount of time it takes for a data packet to travel between yourself and the server will be reduced. Use filter options to sort servers by region or look up the IP address to find out where it is hosted.
  • Adjust in-game settings to make sure that there is no default bandwidth cap. This depends on each individual game. The best strategy is to use Google to search for the name of the game you are playing together with the term "bandwidth cap" and browse the results.

Best Regards,

TUNANKA OFFICIAL PROFILE

Hello,

try: 1)

1) Enter to the site with E-Mail, which you register on the site, not your game nickname, or Steam nickname; 
2) Write your E-Mail and password in Notepad, and then copy them one by one paste in the login window, if you not sure that your login and password is correct writing by your self; 
3) If none of the above advice does not help the situation, try to reset your password and log in again; 
4) Do not use a password or E-Mail any symbols, password must being only characters and numbers; 
5) Do not use Steam-account, if the game is not bought on it, and on the other account. With the «Steam Family Sharing»to play in multiplayer you cant to connect also ; 
6) Your e-mail address from a Steam account must match the email address used when you registered on TruckersMP site. This is a very important point! 
7) Run Steam, then press Profile> Edit Profile> My private setting and set a to all point is "Public"; 
8) And if you do not help any one piece of advice, ask for help to the support team with a detailed description of the problem with support ticket

or:

2)

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

--> iFlufy <--

Hello @Der Letzte Lude

• If you're using a VPN, try turning it off.
  • Make sure your DNS Settings are automatic.
  • Reset your modem and try again.
  • Take a backup of the ETS2MP File and delete the file completely try again.
  • Make sure that you are not in any beta versions, that you can change in properties in steam game library.
If all else fails, make sure to create a support ticket. You will get much more help.

Good games.. 
Best regards

@Crashon

• Tried clearing the Arp Cache - this sadly did not change a thing.

And like i said before, im almost 100% sure my router or its settings aren't the problem and just to make it clear: Im not using a Wi-Fi connection!

@TUNANKA

• I did another complete and fresh install, following your steps (just to be sure, even though im pretty sure its the exact same thing i did before ;)) - to no avail.
  • As you can see in my answer above: My connection or my ISP in general are not even close to being a problem over here. Got a stable and superfast connection! Couldn't be happier! :D
  • I also already tried shutting down my Anti-Virus/Firewall and/or adding basically any kind of exception you could think of.

@iFlufy

• As far as i understand, not being able to properly connect to the API,resulting in me not loading the server list is the problem. -> Not my inability to enter my Login Data, i.e. my email adress or password.

Nonetheless thank you for you detailed post buddy :).

@ChinosMasta

• Not using a VPN
  • They are automatic
  • Reset my modem like 12 times already
  • Did two full reinstalls so far, but maybe ill give it a third try
  • Not running any beta version and im pretty sure the launcher would've told me the second i opened it. Double checked on Steam just to be sure though ;)

@Dark Haus

• Giving a few things another shot atm, will open up a ticket if everything else fails.

ANOTHER SCREENSHOT:  https://imgur.com/a/UVy71

This is what the menu looks like after entering my data and hitting "Login"

Edited by Der Letzte Lude
More information/another screenshot