"Tab Menu" cursor compatibilty

Bagnio

Suggestion Name: "Tab Menu" cursor compatibility
Suggestion Description:

Any example images

Why should it be added?: With this feature, the cursor used to navigate through the tab menu should also be able to be used on the ATS/ETS menu instead of just in-game. Why? Well, there's a lot of people like myself who forget to right click and they go into a menu screen where that cursor is not allowed to be used and you have to exit out of it, right click to "release" the cursor, then go back into the menu. Or, you can be like me and get into the ATS menu where it shows your truck in the show room and you cannot exit that menu to go back to driving due to that tab menu cursor being enabled. My only option was to reboot the game which is completely unnecessary. Resolution? Allow us to be able to use this cursor in menus aside from in-game or have it automatically disable itself when you're managing a menu other than the tab menu. I shouldn't have to be like "oh crap, I can't click because this cursor is enabled.. let me close out, right click, then try again."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is a feasible implementation but this is an annoying problem and needs a fix. I think game menu (M / Esc / Whatever custom key mapping) can be blocked by the same mechanism as when your vehicle is moving.

Opening for discussion.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

Due to how the multiplayer works, this may not be easy to do. That being said, we are working on a solution that will fix the original problem altogether - the UI being stuck on when you have the game's options menu up. 

In that sense, I will mark this suggestion as rejected, but thank you for taking the time to remind us of this issue.

Regards.

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

• Aragon locked this topic