Game crashes when the user try to change de player/friend/tag color

Padre_Jesus

Question

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2
Mod Version: Version 0.2.2.2.2
Controllers Used: None.
Description of Issue: I can't change the color and when i try, the game crashes.
How to reproduce: In Login Menu, you need to select the "settings". When you click to change the color of player/friend or tag, the game crashes.
Screenshots / Videos: None.

11 answers to this question

Guys, i solve my problem, close this topic.

I decided to use logic programming and I was scouring the files so I found:

I entered the folder "Y:\Documents\ETS2MP" and found the file "config.txt".

There I found the sections:

"map_friend_color": 1286675
"map_player_color": 1280762
"tag_color": 65535

Screenshot_1.png.5f1bb49cfd0dbb999a2ff79ac6d42384.png

The color system is RGB, but it is in decimal numbers. So I chose RGB colors, got the hexadecimal number and converted it to the decimal in the Windows calculator and then switched to the text file.

Screenshot_3.png.8d83c59c98f0a9ca60609bff153d3a51.pngScreenshot_2.png.f742a4f7dc725c069dc97e27504b68a7.png

I really think that this problem is a bug, need to fix. My friend has the same issue.

• Upvote 1

Not a bug, moved to help.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I've tried all the methods.

Reinstalled the TruckersMP Mod and run as administrator, i can't change color whitout the game crashes

43 minutes ago, GGF MD said:

Hey! :)

Please start TMP as admin. Maybe this will solve your problem!

> Try to press F1 while you are in the launcher to redownload some updates! (Don't click 'Launch game') 

41 minutes ago, T.J.BDr'Dri said:

Hi, @Padre_Jesus

We would like to see some screenshot.

Some possible solutions are:

• Try reinstalling the TruckersMP mod.

If this does not work:

• Check the drivers of your graphics card
  • and run as administrator

If you still have the problem, contact us again.

Regards.

-Dr´Dri

34 minutes ago, InvasiveSpark said:

Maybe try changing the colours once in-game to see if the game still crashes

So Tab -> right click -> Click the cog symbol -> then go to the colour section -> change colours -> then click apply -> exit

If the game crashes again it could be an issue client side

I've tried all the methods.

Reinstalled the TruckersMP Mod and run as administrator, i can't change color whitout the game crashes.

Nobody ever reported crashes while changing color. Last step I would try to do is delete that config file and launch the game to generate again.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M