How about a few AI traffics in ATS MP?

Nyaruko Express

ATS MP has fewer players, and I believe players may feel something like lonely or ...?

After US server's down, ATS has a highest online record of 872 players in the most recent one year, according to the server status. I think this is because the Europe server contains players from North America, and the number goes down when the US server is back online.  This brings me the idea of adding some AI traffics in the game, MP. Since fewer players in MP, a few AI traffics would probably not make it a mass in the game.

If you know the console commands in ETS2 and ATS, you should know a command "g_traffic" deciding the in-game AI traffic density. I remember the parameter is from 0 to 10, and the default value is 1.

In other words,normally AI traffic density is 1 (in SP), and if you set to 2, then you will have as much as two times traffic volume. If set to 0.5, then half traffics.

When we play SP, the AI traffic density is 1, and when in MP, the density is 0. The MP server controls the density and we, as clients, are not able to set it.

So, do you think we can add some AI traffics to ATS MP?

I tested 0.1 traffic density in ATS (plz check the video below), and found it acceptable in MP - no matter you are a simulation driver, or you are a "racer", 0.1 density does not affect too much.

Even if you "race" on highway with a trailer, you just meet a few AI traffics, maybe 3 or 4 vehicles in 5 minutes.

And I notice that ATS random events are for individual players, not for all. A player may see a random event ahead while other drivers near him see nothing (other drivers don't have the event so they can drive through those barriers).

In this case, the server can set random event rate to 0 and clients are not allowed to set it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajith18592 said:

I would suggest you to play in Single player

Of cause, I have 901 hours SP in ETS2 and 190 hours SP in ATS, while 109 hours MP in ETS2 and 22 hours MP in ATS.:) And I have many mods subscribed from Workshop, adding more fun to the game.

@chipmunk197

I think you explained everything! I forgot the sync & lag problem:lol: Sorry about that.