Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Show My Truck Damage

Carrera18

Suggestion Name: Show my damage to players.

Suggestion Description: Show my damage to players. other players see my damage. he will behave according to him. At the same time in-game Moderators.

Any example images: vcl2XR6fQwC53wirIiGkfQ.png

Why should it be added ?: Show other players my damage. because it is useful that other players see my damage. they can maintain the follow-up distance according to this situation. at the same time having great damage, they can understand that there will be sudden stops. he does not want to hit him from behind. it will be useful for in-game moderators. for example a truck standing on the road. is he really doing block ? maybe a real beginner? there is damage and does not know to go. Will it be banned for block? Will it be teleported for being damaged? I hope this will change the flow of the game.

Kind Regards
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 5

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, O?uz C. said:

-1 useless. Either pull over whenever possible and turn on hazard lights or just f7.

28 minutes ago, Carrera18 said:

The purpose here is not to do f7 + enter. to help other players. it does not mean that anyone has teleport or anything else. I think you do not understand our purpose correctly. Kind regards ^_^

Lets say your driving behind another player and hes 180m ahead of you, you see he has 20% damage done to his truck. Hes doing 90km/h and you are behind him for lets say 10 minutes. all of a sudden his truck turns off from the damage, with you already knowing that he is at 20%, you stay back far enough to where you won't crash in to him.

This would be a really good add-on for everyone to see and who knows, it could bring down the crash rate and see less people at the repair shop.

signature.png

Would you keep driving with flat tires? Or with an engine failure that stops your vehicle every X minutes? Same here, your vehicle is too damaged, IRL you stop out of the road and call for a tow service, in the game, you should stop out of the road and use F7+Enter.

On 22/1/2018 at 11:57 PM, Carrera18 said:

for example a truck standing on the road. is he really doing block ? maybe a real beginner? there is damage and does not know to go. Will it be banned for block? Will it be teleported for being damaged?

A vehicle standing on the road for more than 20-30 seconds should be teleported, kicked or banned, no matter if it's damaged or not. I've had times when my truck was badly damaged after being rammed and I didn't stay on the road, first thing I tried to start and move out and if that failed, in less than 10 seconds I'd hit F7+Enter. No excuses for blocking, thank you.

And what if some troll or "funny" guy sees a truck ahead with 70% damage and decides that it would be a funny challenge to take it up to 100%? A damage indicator can be helpful for some players, but also an incitement for others...

So, sorry but -1 from me. I don't see any use for a feature like this and it would add to the already "heavy" information in every players' screens, causing even more stress and FPS drops in low-end machines.

• Upvote 3

@Carrera18 I take your point but that isn’t the way I see it; instead, I think, for example, that a broken truck isn't an excuse to block the road - the player should teleport to the service area if the truck is too damaged to drive with. Plus, you should always keep a safe distance from the driver in front of you, not just because it says that their truck is damaged. I agree with @FernandoCR [ESP]'s arguments.

• Like 1

UsDxWIH.png

• 2 years later...