Do you report a player if he apologizes?

Nyaruko Express

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was truly an accident and they apologize, no hard feelings and we go our separate ways. 

If they purposely ram, block, run me off the road, etc, then yes I report. Every in-game report I've done has done nothing, but I keep forgetting to keep my recorder up and also forgetting to get the user ID# to file a website report lol.. 

It truly depends on the situation, if it looks like they have purposefully rammed me, then i do, even if they apologise, but if it's just a loss of control, i don't really care :truestory: 

I take it like this:

If I can simply and easily see that another player is intentionally breaking a rule, I tell them that they are breaking it and inform them that I'm reporting them. If they reply back about being "sorry", well tuff luck. They knew what they were doing was wrong, they did agree to the rules before joining MP.

However, if I don't notice that they're doing it intentionally, I simply inform them that they are breaking a rule and that they can be reported by any other player.

Most of the times I simply warn the person, rather than heading straight to reporting them.

It primarily depends upon the situtation.

If a player does something to me / my friends and apologises for it, I won't report. This is simply because it shows that it was an honest mistake and most likely won't do it again.

That being said, if a player goes on to break another rule, I'll report him. The reasoning behind this is because he has directly lied to me by apologising, but then proceeded to further break rules. Similar to an admin unbanning someone for a 'mistake' without removing the ban from the profile. That way, it will remain on his history just in-case they commit another offence.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I like your topic. I have the same opinion with you. If have anyone said "sorry", (as a player) I will ignore their mistakes and don't report them - maybe it was unwittingly accident. If they deliberately harassed, I will not ignore it.

Everybody will have a mistake, nobody is perfect.

Each case has an exception. We need to have knowledge and wisdom (they are two distinct characteristics, but they bind together at the same time) to analyze the situation.
If someone commits an infraction and then apologizes, nothing is fairer than to apologize for the knowledge of their error, and for the education in apologizing. Otherwise, I denounce in all possible ways and through the rules of the forum.

I never report a player when the player apologies, everyone can make a mistake ;)

Me too, I made mistakes in MP and each time I apologized to the driver that I had hit ( 'cause I took a turn a little too fast for example ) and I was happy to see driver didn't blame me. So when it's the opposite case, I don't report when I see it's involuntary obviously.

I joined the MP last 2014 and during those days there is No reporting on the server.  I guess what I can see this days some players are being abusive on reporting. If someone accidentally bumped on them they file a report instantly but if they are the one who made mistakes they are very friendly. hehe. Until now I haven't reported someone, just give and take when driving on the road. Happy trucking!

On 22/01/2018 at 9:28 PM, Nyaruko Express said:

First of all, I'm not talking about bans; I'm talking about reporting instead.

Normally I don't report if he apologizes.  What about you guys?

And what about in other cases? For example:

A driver is blocking the road with his trailer. You stop at the road side and try to persuade him not to block, but he doesn't do anything. Then you warn him that you are recording and you can report. Now he moves and clear the way.

In this case, will you report?

Personally, I don't think all admins are doing a good job. Some of them may not read through then make the decision.

And I think they should give more details about what situations should be reported.

To me it doesn’t matter if someone apologises or not, if they break the rules, especially if it cause an accident or creates a traffic jam, they still get reported because it’s simple, if you don’t follow the rules, then you are a danger to other users.

as for your scenario? Stillreport the guy, if he’s refusing to move at all, then it’s not accidental, it’s on purpose and therefore can be classed as malicious intent. 

I mean look at it this way, if this was the real world and someone, let’s say, intentionally parked their vehicle in front of your path and refused to move, of course you would call the police to get the situation resolved, same applies in the virtual world.

if something’s is genuinely an accident and can be seen as an accident, then that’s a different story, but if it’s easily an intentional act, then it’s advisable to report them, regardless of whether they apologise or not because there’s no way of knowing if they are genuine or not. 

1 hour ago, darkneon2002 said:

If it didn't look like an accident I'll report it anyway.

§2.5 Inappropriate / Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe, driving backwards, the wrong way, failing to yield, ignoring other players and rules. 

Maybe he was really sleepy. these are things that live in normal life. There may be a minor accident. If you see that it does not seem like a troll, it's just a little accident. then trying to say that you are really upset, it is true to forgive. 

But he is really doing a troll. did you see that?  When he says sorry, if you notice he just says to says for no sorry, then I agree.

If you play this game long enough -- you will meet this type of a troller. Obvious intentional trolling like hacking or blocking with trailer, and using "sorry" to *hopefully* avoid ban. Don't let them just take off with the damage they've done! All shall let them know -- in real life, there are things that you can never get away with, even if you say sorry for ten thousand times!

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

On 28/01/2018 at 9:04 PM, BL4CK$K1LL said:

First of all, it depends on the thing which that person did and then his reaction. If someone do it and then write "sorry" or something simillar, I dont report because we all make mistakes, but if person makes a mistake and then writes that I'm idiot, I'm reporting him without thinking.

The issue is, how do you know that the guy is really sorry, you can’t see his physical emotions, for all we know, a guy could purposely ram a queue of traffic, say sorry and get away with it because you don’t know if it sincere or not. 

Its why why for me, if someone causes a wreck with me and says sorry, it doesn’t wash, if I can tell that it was an accident, I’ll let it go and forget, but if I can’t, then I’ll report because at some point, people have to learn that just because they say sorry, doesn’t give them an excuse to drive badly and still get away with it.

I have had people come close to hitting me when playing, as to if I would report them if they apologized, it all depends on why they hit me, was it an accident, then no I wouldn't report them. however if they were speeding and hit me, then yes even if they said sorry I would report them.

as for blocking a road with their truck, trailer or both, it all depends on their load type. is it a heavy cargo (ATS) then I will give them some time to move out of the way and wouldn't report them due to the length and type of trailer. if, like me, they are doing a hard parking job and need to back into the job site, and tell people in the area that they need to back into the site, I have no issue with this either. but if they are just sitting in the middle of the road blocking traffic for no reason at all, then I will report them.

Archived