Do you report a player if he apologizes?

Nyaruko Express

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends. If the incident was without intention and you can see it is a genuine apology there is no need to report. 

If the incident was clearly on purpose and disregarding other users, the apology is meaningless to me and I will report. 

Depends on the situation...but one can see the others intentions most of the time.

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

On 22/01/2018 at 9:49 PM, InvasiveSpark said:

In my view it depends on the incident, if it was done on purpose then I will report, but if it was a genuine accident and they explain what happened I won't report them

I do exactly the same and it can also depend what mood I am in and what kind of incident it was (serious or minor).

It all depends, if it was on honest accident, sure mate - apology accepted. But if the rule they broke was obviously on purpose and not an accident, I'll report. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

Many posts indicate that a report will entail a punishment, which is not necessarily the case.
The provided evidence will be reviewed and assessed, and the result will decide if a punishment will be imposed or not.

I for one have rarely found myself in a situation that was worth a report at all.
That may be due to the fact that I avoid areas known for reckless driving.

On 22.1.2018 at 10:28 PM, Nyaruko Express said:

A driver is blocking the road with his trailer. You stop at the road side and try to persuade him not to block, but he doesn't do anything. Then you warn him that you are recording and you can report. Now he moves and clear the way.

In this case, will you report?

Though blocking is forbidden per game rule §2.3, I would not report this incident.
Simply because nobody and nothing suffered any significant damage (except of losing time).

Not every rule violation needs to be reported. Stay reasonable, fair and use your common sense.

Sorry, but usually yes, I do report them. Too many people like to drive as if they were racing, they use all of the road to take turns, they find someone in front, crash and then they say sorry... Well, don't drive like a fool, you won't need to say sorry. And some days off-the-game may help them re-think and consider what they were doing wrong. I'll be more forgiving in some cases, of course, but it'll depend on the situation, not just because someone said sorry. I can forgive people even if they don't say sorry and report others who did. Because some people have the "Sorry" in a hotkey, it seems, but they keep driving like lunatics.

It depends on the situation. If someone ram and it looks like he done it for some reason and will do it again if I don't report him so yes, then I report him. But for example when someone drive in a wrong way and don't hit me. Then stops and say sorry so I don't report him, because he usually turn to right way. But I only use it to my funny moments video in this situation. :troll:

Yes and no.  If they are sorry and it was just a genuine mistake I will be fine and cool with it.  If they break the rules then I will report them through the in game reporting system.  

I wouldn’t normally report if the person apologises- especially if it’s part of your ban evidence as this could be used against you in the report, it could be declined because the player apologised if it was only a short or minor incident

I’d report them if it was something a bit more serious or lengthy and they apologised- at that point an apology from them just isn’t enough IMO.

22 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I can forgive people even if they don't say sorry and report others who did. Because some people have the "Sorry" in a hotkey, it seems, but they keep driving like lunatics

Actually, I agree with the all article you wrote. Our ideas on this are the same. It's driving in a totally crazy way. and he finally says an sorry. It just says it in writing. there is no sincerity here. How can I know that you are really sorry? is not it? just in the face of what I see is not enough it. At the end of a small accident, he must express he is really sorry.

Archived