Revise Trailer Weight Mods

ScaniaFan89

Suggestion Name: Revise trailer Weight Mods

Suggestion Description: Currently you can use trailers with weight up to 200t, i have tried heavy cargo trailers wit 200t, 175t, 150t & 125t using a volvo fh16 8x4 & found a serious issue, with 200t , 175t & 150t the truck gets launched or jumps around causing damage to you & whatever it hits & with 125t the front steering axle doesn't touch the ground ( it steers from the lift axle ) while bouncing up & down constantly making it reckless driving so i think such weight mods should be not allowed. Also the special cargo loads are at the limit of what the game can safely handle!

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: For the safety of everyone on the road

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • True Story 1

• 3 months later...

Heaviest I tried was the 125 tons mod and it was a nightmare to handle. May be because I was trying to haul it slow enough and at high speeds the handling is better, but if it isn't I agree that they should not be allowed. Many players will try to drive with those monsters the fastest they can (as always) and the chance of causing accidents, jams, etc. seems too high IMO. +1 from me.

• True Story 1

I've tried up to 150t and managed to complete the C-D road easily, of course you just need an 8x4 truck and the skills to handle such a heavy load. I feel that anything more than 150t should definitely not be allowed though. (Thats the max before the game starts to have issues)

On 29/04/2018 at 5:56 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Heaviest I tried was the 125 tons mod and it was a nightmare to handle. May be because I was trying to haul it slow enough and at high speeds the handling is better, but if it isn't I agree that they should not be allowed. Many players will try to drive with those monsters the fastest they can (as always) and the chance of causing accidents, jams, etc. seems too high IMO. +1 from me.

I tried 200t with a 8x4 volvo 750 & it dam near launched the thing into the air, instant damage & engine cutting out from it going nuts! 

Personally I’ve tried 70-120t loads with just a standard 6x4/2 midlife chassis and as long as you don’t steer like it’s a cruise ship on wheels (that’s the mistake people make, they turn too harsh for the physics to calculate, hence the jumping) as long as you accelerate gentle, brake gently and steer as if the trailer is made of glass, it’s fine, but I agree, 200t on a standard trailer chassis is unreasonable, now if the 200t is applied to loads on the heavy haul/special cargo trailers, then the physics ‘should’ cope better because more Adele’s equals better weight distribution, plus it’s more realistic, I myself have witnessed a 240t load pass by me irl and it was on a trailer similar to the trailers used for the two DLCs.

so I say +1 if the mods can be adjusted to be safer for use in mp, but -1 to just simply outfight ban them, it’s always better to work a solution than it is to go for the easy fix and remove. 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...