Can't install the Launcher

Teebeutelsauger

Question

I've recently deinstalled the TMP Launcher due to an Error i had. Now i can't reinstall it. 

I get this message all the time. 

things i tried: 

-Use diffrent unzipper (winrar & 7zip)

-Run as Admin

-Made my Download File safe from Windows Defender so he doesn't deleter anything because he might think it's a Virus.

-Downloaded from diffrent Browser

Tmp Error.png

10 answers to this question

Hi @Teebeutelsauger

-Type %appdata% in the start search box and hit Enter. Go to the location roaming\credentials.

-Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.

-Click the Security tab, click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

-Click Edit.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

-Click the name of the person you want to give ownership to.

-If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

-Click OK.

Hey,

Make sure you choose the correct path when installing the multiplayer mod.

When it asks you for your game directory:

Go to steam and right click on "Euro Truck Simulator 2" on the list to the left on your game library.

Choose "Properties".

Choose "Local Files", and click on "Browse Local Files".

Copy the path on the top, inside the text box. (For example, mine is "D:\Programfiler\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2").

Paste the path into where the installation asked you for it.

76561198132074840.png

Hello @Teebeutelsauger,

This error could be caused for several reasons, I feel as if most of what I would suggest has already been stated, however you can try verifying your Steam Cache files. I will state below how you do so.

1. Launch the steam desktop application and/or the website version of steam.
  2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
  4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

I hope you find a fix to this error,

Regards.

Right-click on the TruckersMP application and then click the Expense Button for Compatibility Problem. Click Proposed Settings, and then click Test Program.