G29 suddenly wont work anymore

The Ham Hammer

Question

Hi, I've been using my G29 for months now, but suddenly neither ATS or ETS2 are able to find the wheel anymore.. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

I've unticked everything under steam - settings - general controllers, as I read that could be it, didnt work.
I've checked for updates for the wheel, but there are none. 

I hope someone can help me, ty :)

11 answers to this question

Hi @The Ham Hammer

• Try deleting your "controls.sii" located on your Euro Truck Simulator 2 profile.

• Try turn off the vibration.

To check this follow these steps:

• Unplug the wheel, the pedals and the shifter (if you have the latter).
  • Uninstall the drivers and software via Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  • Reboot your PC (important you do so)
  • Download and Run CCleaner 
  • Reboot after doing step 4 (important)
  • Reinstall the drivers and software required (get it direct from the Logitech site). Make sure to run the executable as admin (right click the installer and select run as administrator)
  • Only plug in the equipment when instructed to do so by Logitech instructions (see Getting Started manual http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel#download).
  • Re-run the Input Wizard in game once the wheel is installed.

Note:If you can try and use a different USB port than before.

To fix the issue, try the following: 

1. Start Big Picture mode of Steam client

2. Go to settings by pressing the cog button in upper right corner, it's on the left from the "shutdown" icon

3. Select "Controller settings"

4. Uncheck "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support"

5. Close Big Picture mode. 

After that, you should have your G29 working again in any game that supports it.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Ive tried different usb ports :) I just had it working, but now it has stopped again. It showed up as a controller when it worked, but now when it doesnt, it shows up as a computer with a green dot on it.. its a windows 10 icon :P

@titanic4 that is what ive already tried :)

TY @Crashon but that is just too much work! Who screwed up the wheel?!

@The Ham Hammer Are you sure that you have unticked the generic controller configuration support in Big Picture mode? Can you show the screenshot of such option in controller settings in Big Picture mode?

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Hello, i have been using the Logitech G29 Wheel for over a year now. I recommend checking if all the cabels are correctly connected and make sure non of  the cabels are burnt because that could be the case so like i said i recommend making sure all cabels are plugged in and they are working. Plus make sure the light on the light on the battery is on because not enough electricity is gettjng to it so try another socket and lets see if that will work. 

Regards

Misiek

TruckersMP Trial Support 

Anymore help create a ticket at: support.truckersmp.com

- Don't judge a book by its cover