Powerful engine

the_bolt1

Question

Hi again people!, Being a regular trucker, I use to drive around 150kmph on four to six lane highways and a truck with trailer overtakes me, how? I have a 5 ton trailer and 750hp Volvo FH and it doesn't go beyond 160kmph maximum, I can recall some truckers driving above 160, is it possible? Also what gearbox would be recommended for 750hp engine, because I do not have any knowledge in this. Thank you.

8 answers to this question

Hi @the_bolt1

I think you need change your transmission.Choose "12 speeds,retarder" It slows down accelerate but your last speed will be above 160 km/h.Also prefer 2 ton have trailer and share result with us. ^_^

Hello,

Just remember this is a simulation game. Volvo won't go about 160kmh no matter what engine or transmission, unless you save edit it with a different transmission so that it can reach maximum rev point (Red line). Trucks like Scania or Mercedes will go faster than the Volvo because of that issue, so if you are looking for faster speeds choose those. In terms of best transmission for the 750hp engine, its something up to you as you will get the same experience no matter if its 6 gears or 12, you wont go faster. I tend to use the 6speed as you dont have to shift as much. :P

I think this is more of a discussion... 

Q9n6SSI.png

On 1/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, Meka Khazix said:

@the_bolt1 use gearbox 12 + retarder up to 174 km :troll:

On 1/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, .weezy said:

try scania 730hp, 1-2t trailer and 12 gears

yes

On 1/17/2018 at 4:41 PM, [LKW Tr.] Kap said:

Hello,

Just remember this is a simulation game. Volvo won't go about 160kmh no matter what engine or transmission, unless you save edit it with a different transmission so that it can reach maximum rev point (Red line). Trucks like Scania or Mercedes will go faster than the Volvo because of that issue, so if you are looking for faster speeds choose those. In terms of best transmission for the 750hp engine, its something up to you as you will get the same experience no matter if its 6 gears or 12, you wont go faster. I tend to use the 6speed as you dont have to shift as much. :P

I think this is more of a discussion... 

On 1/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, Crashon said:

Hi @the_bolt1

I think you need change your transmission.Choose "12 speeds,retarder" It slows down accelerate but your last speed will be above 160 km/h.Also prefer 2 ton have trailer and share result with us. ^_^

Hi, thank you very much, everyone, for your fast and lovely response. 12 speeds, retarder definitely worked on the 730HP engine of my Scania new generation R! I appreciate your response :D

Here are the results:

Kindly pardon me for using a keyboard to turn the steering wheel, I'm playing the game for four years and developed skills in a keyboard, I'm kinda lazy to practice on a mouse or wheel unless a pro fella teaches me! :D

On the topic: The gearbox is amazing, I had a 12-ton trailer as shown in the video

Edited by the_bolt1

Dear @the_bolt1,

I'm glad you have your problem solved with the answers given!

If you need help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us again!

Greetings!

//Locked & Moved to Solved.

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&