Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Mute system

Suggestion Name: Mute system for breaking chat rules

Suggestion Description: Instead of banning people for breaking rules in chat such as profanity and being toxic, we can just mute them instead of banning them from the game altogether.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: Instead of banning people who break rules in chat, why can't we just mute them from the chat? I see no point in banning someone who broke a rule in chat and with mutes people can at least still play the game. I got banned 2 times so far for profanity so I think this would be amazing to have. 

Please comment on this to tell me what you think!

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

I disagree. People who are abusive should not be given the privilege to play the game. If you cannot follow the rules, then you should not be allowed to play.

Allowing others to continue playing muted reduces the severity of the punishment, meaning that if someone wants to be abusive in chat can do so knowing that the punishment they will receive will not impact them too negatively, as chat isn't something that's commonly used in a game like this due to its single player nature.

Edited by Moh_
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1

I feel this could actually benefit as it would give people a chance to "cool off" rather than just being made angry from a kick/ban. Most people use bad language when they are angry so if they are told they need to tone down their temper and have a 5 minute mute for example then it will give them a chance.

2 minutes ago, TSRVTC ExamBus 51 (Norm) said:

+1 What a great idea!  Better yet, maybe an automated system could be put in place for those who use those words, and it mutes them for a [said] amount of time.

People could get past it I think but there would be no harm in adding it and a warning first would be nice too.

• Upvote 1

Well i don't agree with your suggestion. Everyone in this community have accepted the rules before playing in MP. why people use profanity in a multiplayer game? Please remember its just a game and if anyone ramms or trolls instead of using profanity in chat, they can always do web reports on them and they will get banned for it.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:39 PM, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

Instead of banning people who break rules in chat, why can't we just mute them from the chat? I see no point in banning someone who broke a rule in chat and with mutes people can at least still play the game.

According to my view they should get banned. Are you sure muted member will never use profanity in future ? some may change but some abuse it. Many will use profanity in chat, members know they will be muted from chat and not get banned for it. every member who break rules should be banned because it teaches a lesson to them like never break rules again.

16 hours ago, TSRVTC ExamBus 51 (Norm) said:

maybe an automated system could be put in place for those who use those words

Is this even possible to find in chat? there are number of ways to use profanity like some use  '*' or  '.' between words or some other to escape from automated system. 

UxiKSFa.png

Is this suggestion motivated by your punishment history?

Profanity or abusive language is not a minor offence. Against the background that a community like TruckersMP has also very young members, it must be our first and foremost goal to protect them from all sorts of gross misconduct.
Although a mute system would stop the continuous distribution of profanity, it would not give the perpetrator time to repent his mistake and learn from it, as it would still allow him to continue to play the game.

Therefore I do not agree to your suggestion.

• Upvote 1

ı don't like idea because Most of the swearing people are already most reckless drivers,troll and they have to be banned.

• Game Developer

It sounds great, but honestly if you cannot behave, you should not be able to play the game. As @CrackPrewier  said:

24 minutes ago, CrackPrewier said:

Most of the swearing people are already most reckless drivers

And it would take too much work for the new system with mutes, new history of punishments (or editing the existing one), then implementing it into applications etc.

I think there are better things to spend time than creating something like this.

Disagree.

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

Great Idea, turks every day spam their VTC is so annoying, you can't speak to your friends because they are spamming every time, and the people who say "Stupid noob" "F*ck u noob" "u s*ck", this idea is for a great community in the game, the bad thing are the kids because they will be angry for this and they will ramming every time just for a mute in the chat when he was insulting, but great idea ;).

-1 I did not like your idea, but people must banned by what they do on CB radio and chat because the rules are clear.

Mutating people would be a waste of time and a pointless function, there are always Turks or Russians sending out spam from companies or talking unnecessary things and imagine you having to mutate each one that appear on your tab?

Rules are rules.

Edited by Jean M. (SP-BR)

I disagree, if a person who is morally violent is prevented from doing so and does not suffer penalties (such as banishment), then the tendency is for him to be physically violent (with his truck or car).

~DJFrontier

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

• 3 weeks later...

Fine idé, but you do not learn so much off that, I think, because you can play the game and continue playing and most people thinks that's does not matter that you can not write in the chat so i mean it works better, as it are now.

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

In order to prevent more psychological damage to players in games, we must be friendly. If some players can't control their emotions, they should be punished, which includes temporarily preventing them from joining the multiplayer game.

They must be responsible for their actions. Your suggest is not a good solution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.