Dynamic AFK/Idle kick time

flybel

On 8/30/2018 at 1:33 PM, [RLC EM] Jollis said:

This suggestion would be a nice idea however, once the server goes over one of these "player bands" and then starts to bulk kick those who did not fit the new criteria would this cause too much server desync? 

I think it would need to have some really thought behind how it would affect the servers performance; I would say that the current system is fair and works well with decreasing the queue size.

If you wish to customise/purchase your truck you can do it in Singleplayer or before you hit "Drive." 

I was thinking about a similar concept where the AFK kick time changes as server population changes. I've had issues where I walk away from my PC for 10 minutes to have a quick lunch and not be able to come back to my PC every 5 or so minutes so that I'm not kicked. 

Like you mentioned and I had been thinking, there may be some issues associated with an AFK kick system like this. However, it would be a nice feature to have in the game if it could be implemented without causing server desync issues.

7622072690.png

This does make sense, but having no idle kick time with a few hundred extra afk players online will put some extra strain on the server as it has to keep track of these players as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it would be good if the AFK/Idle kick was removed from the NCZ so if you are in a service station you don't get kicked but if you are out side the service station you get kicked 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would agree to remove the AFK autokick when the server is not full, because it doesn't make a lot of sense, AFK people are not preventing others to join. But as soon as there's a queue, the AFK should stay the same as now, 10 minutes. It doesn't take that long for me to buy and fully customize a new truck so I don't see why others should take longer and if that's the case, they should think about doing all of the buying/customizing in single player and then launch MP so they don't have to hurry to avoid the autokick.Those 10 minutes are also more than enough to go stretch the legs, grab a bite or a drink, have a smoke, even go to the Churchill.

Spoiler

Just in case someone is confused: Winston Churchill, a bad joke I came up with a long time ago.

What I don't know is if it can be done so the AFK autokick only starts working when the server is full and there are players in the queue. It doesn't seem to be difficult, but I'm a complete ignorant in regard to programming.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chrizzle_izzda said:

+1 

The idea is very nice but the most people have Anti-AFK -> it´s bring nothing with the 4 minute kick...

The anti-afk works so that it writes the same message at regular intervals. You can change the server so that it recognizes this and kicks you immediately if you use an anti-afk. the server recognizes the same messages and the same time intervals. So you could fix the problem with the anti-afk.

7 minutes ago, TruckDriver[GER] said:

The anti-afk works so that it writes the same message at regular intervals. You can change the server so that it recognizes this and kicks you immediately if you use an anti-afk. the server recognizes the same messages and the same time intervals. So you could fix the problem with the anti-afk.

Yes it is possible but in this moment is anti-AFK possible.

But the people who create the Anti-AFK are not dumb and create a Anti- Afk with a 2 message system.

That mean that all 2 minutes came a message with: "Have a nice Drive" and all 4 minutes a message with the text: "Drive safely"

TruckersMP can only forbidden the Anti-AFK that you have to drive aand not to write a message in the Chat.

The Problem that I see is, that the convoys planing is impossible when you have to drive.

Have a nice day.

Chrizzle

On 3/26/2020 at 11:30 AM, Chrizzle_izzda said:

TruckersMP can only forbidden the Anti-AFK that you have to drive aand not to write a message in the Chat.

I agree.

On 3/26/2020 at 11:30 AM, Chrizzle_izzda said:

The Problem that I see is, that the convoys planing is impossible when you have to drive.

Not really, because convoy control can only block roads on event servers, where there is most of the time no AFK kick.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:16 AM, poland.ball said:

3.5 minutes being afk results into a kick? Holy jesus, how would we be able to customize our vehicle?

To be fair, if you're going to customise your vehicle for more than just a quick change, you don't need to take up a spot on the server while the server queue is full. But of course, the numbers I used were just an example, finding the perfect balance will be up to those who implement it.

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

After further consideration, and taking a look at more community feedback, it was decided to make changes to the way the AFK timer functions in TruckersMP!

Now when the server is at under 90% capacity, regular players have a 30 minute AFK timer, whilst patrons have an unlimited AFK timer.

When the server is busier, and at over 90% capacity, these times reduce to 10 minutes for regular players and 30 minutes for patrons.

// Accepted

• Like 1