Dynamic AFK/Idle kick time

flybel

• 1 month later...

This is a good suggestion, and one that I agree with mostly.

I don't think it should be applied to event servers though, as more often than not, events take a while to get going and you'll find that its rather difficult to reset the AFK timer with the lag due to the large number of players concentrated in one area. Example, in Real Ops V2, it took me 30 minutes to leave the city and get onto the motorway. If the AFK timer was set to 5 minutes, I would have been kicked well before I managed to get going.

I also think the rules regarding parking in high population areas will need to be revised, as it kind of clashes with the intent of the suggestion.

I think this would be quite a good thing to have. Having no AFK timer when there is no queue or not lots of people trying to join would make good sense and it would mean that people on servers where they don't get full all the time would be more useful for small events for example where you wouldn't want to move or have to worry about typing in chat all the time.

+1

• True Story 3

On ‎16‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 12:37 PM, flybel said:

Why should it be added?: When the servers are rather empty, streets would be a little bit more filled with parking vehicles which makes it more realistic for other drivers. People could go AFK for more than 5 minutes without being kicked despite the fact that their slot is not needed at that time. For example, when I configure and buy a truck, I need more than 5 minutes to complete the whole setup.

But at peak times, people would also get in on the servers faster. Especially for events like the Real Operations event, not many slots are available but many people try to get in and not so many get out, which makes the queue resolve really slow.

I am neutral on this suggestion.

I think a truck does not necessarily need to be configured in multiplayer mode. That could be done in singleplayer mode as well without any time limit.

I understand that with free slots available on the server an AFK-kick would not be necessary.
But on the other hand, re-login would be fast as there would not be a waiting queue.

• True Story 1

• 2 months later...

I have a similar suggestion in my other thread except it only applies to parking lots so that it has uses and is unlimited but having the kick immunity apply to all NCZ is nice as well since there would be no issue of blocking. I hope the devs take notice of this feature because it will also help in spreading players to smaller server and reducing the queue times because everyone wants the unlimited AFK time.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This suggestion would be a nice idea however, once the server goes over one of these "player bands" and then starts to bulk kick those who did not fit the new criteria would this cause too much server desync? 

I think it would need to have some really thought behind how it would affect the servers performance; I would say that the current system is fair and works well with decreasing the queue size.

If you wish to customise/purchase your truck you can do it in Singleplayer or before you hit "Drive." 

after thinking about it, more than 10 minutes idling doesnt make any sence.

But on the other hand, if you go below 5 minutes idle kick, user will get kicked, for standing in a traffic jam, which will cause more accidents, if the rejoin at the same spot.....

So i think, it is good as it is now.