ghost mode for people lagging really bad (sorry if this has already been suggested)

I would rather suggest a livetime ban for pingtrolls who know they have a shitty bamboo connection and still dare to use a car or connect to the server at all. 

the chinese guys got theyre own pirate version of ets 2 they dont need to bother us here. 

i didnt see anyone of them getting around the corner without hitting everything it theyre path or flip the truck.  

a few days ago i saw a vtc in Düsseldorf all of this pingtrolls got a ping of 500+   and were useing cars...   they crash into all and everything in attempt to leave the parkinglot ....   

On 11/28/2019 at 4:10 PM, seth_haveron said:

I would rather suggest a livetime ban for pingtrolls who know they have a shitty bamboo connection and still dare to use a car or connect to the server at all. 

the chinese guys got theyre own pirate version of ets 2 they dont need to bother us here. 

i didnt see anyone of them getting around the corner without hitting everything it theyre path or flip the truck.  

a few days ago i saw a vtc in Düsseldorf all of this pingtrolls got a ping of 500+   and were useing cars...   they crash into all and everything in attempt to leave the parkinglot ....   

True, right now high ping is not punishable.

• 1 month later...

Why would we need ghost mode? If you see a truck with high ping, and it is lagging, you decide to drive through him? And what if his ping stabilizes while you are driving through them? I know, it would disable collision between both of you, but nobody excludes glithes and bugs. This decision may raise incidents rate much more, as everyone would rely on this system (and someones internet connection). 

And what about sudden ping chages? It may change while you are playing and may false trigger system or create other dangerous situations.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:59 PM, enex SLOVENIA said:

right now high ping is not punishable

Who said it to you? If your ping is 600 or more, you immediately get kicked. I dont think that staying far enough from lagger is big problem.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:10 PM, seth_haveron said:

livetime ban

Dont you think it is funny? Permanent just because your ping changed once and that's all? I can understand how are you annoyed by 'pingtrolls', but this is not the way to solve it.

I dont know how you guys get annoyed by high ping players, because i meet them rarely. Maybe some of you just keep 1 meter distance from truck going in front of you? You know, it is not ping problems when people use breaks (when truck flies back a little while braking). It may happen to anyone here, i think it is just small acceptable de-synchronization.

// Steam || YouTube || Telegram @pasztet_blr || Discord pasztet_blr#5988 \\

4WZnYI3.png

13 hours ago, pashtet_blr said:

Who said it to you? If your ping is 600 or more, you immediately get kicked. I dont think that staying far enough from lagger is big problem.

High ping is not punishable offence. I wasn't talking about automated system, but about specific offence like crashing into a person that lags in and out

despite safety distance. So how does that even happen if you carry out safety distance? Well it happens when lagging causes traffic collision up ahead

and we don't have time to stop or avoid (with safety distance) or when we are overtaking and he slips into our lane and because he is lagging that is not

necessary traffic offense.

On 11/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, seth_haveron said:

1. Imagine a person that due to his low income can barely afford an internet connection and is therefore limited to a slow internet connection speed.

2. Imagine a person that due to governmental restrictions can barely access the internet and is therefore forced to use a VPN tunnel which limits his internet connection speed.

3. Try to understand that their wish to participate in the TruckersMP community has the same value as yours.

4. Try to understand that they have the same right to be happy as you.
  • Like 1

Disagree completely with the "permanent ban" for people with a shitty connection - some might do it on purpose, most don't, and how are you going to find something like that out?

Back to the topic: It doesn't sound like a bad idea but has certain downsides, e.g. being abusable to ghost through the other players on purpose. Having an icon next to the horn icon as suggested by a Developer is also not a bad idea as people would then start to keep distance - the icon should appear once the person starts lagging and disappear once the person stopped lagging for 10 seconds or something around those lines.

• True Story 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:08 PM, kellekerell said:

how are you going to find something like that out?

with open eyes..... you see a pingtroll form far away ....     at last instance when he changes his line to ram you on purpose

or wave over the whole three lines  to keep you form overtaking.... while warping 3 meters forth and 5 meters back ..... 

• 2 weeks later...

I would not call it problematic, but do we really need such a thing? Isn't it better to have a server suggestion in this case? Exl.: Server 1 - 4000/4100 pax -> I with a 10-30 Mbps (upload and download 1:1) Internet -> NO ENTRY -> go for Server 2 - 300/2000 pax or ProMods.

The fix is easy:

- if you are from the EU - get a faster Net, about 50:50 Mbps is perfect = no lag for you;

- if you are from the Great Outside you gonna need a lot more juice, also learn to drive properly. China and Turkey that is you, YES you :).

Thus the MP team is not at fault.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although it's a nice suggestion, this is not something we will implement. Reason being is that it can very easily be abused, and will most likely result in issues when exiting the ghost mode. Trollers will always find a way to abuse things like this.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions