ghost mode for people lagging really bad (sorry if this has already been suggested)

• 2 weeks later...

I've sometimes lag-drops myself, and either are very woried if someone is driving close behind me.

In a lag-drop it gets very close to a crash sometimes, but it is something about network connection.

My computer can handle it all, so there is no way for me to resolve this lag-drops that happen sometimes.

Therefore I'd support this suggestion, it could really be usable.

• Upvote 1

Yes please!! 

Yesterday I was following a truck that kept lagging along. I had to keep swerving, and braking to the point where I couldn't cope. I pulled over and let the truck in front of me suffer (And suffer he did, he swerved out of the lane to avoid the lagging player, and crashed into a ditch).

On 3/20/2018 at 1:20 AM, [TSRVTC] Michael Jacks said:

+1 - Let's say a player has 150+ ping, you should automatically receive "Ghost Mode"

My ping can average at about 300 ms. I haven't noticed other players having problems around me, so I would say 150 ms is a bit too low.

On 3/4/2018 at 4:55 PM, TumbEd said:

This is good suggestion, if guys reach reaches a certain number of ping they dont get kicked ,but put in ghost mode. +1

I had an exactly same suggestion! when player reaches the specified amount of ping.
also, if it's possible to do same about FPS and freezes, it will be good.

Nice but not useful.

How?

For example, let's think. The next player was lagged and entered the ghost mode. Afterwards the player's  lag is over and the ghost mode is off. In a fast flowing traffic this will cause a big accident. It does not make sense..:truestory:

• Like 2

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, [WTLVTC-Manager] Pragaras said:

+1 - Let's say a player has 150+ ping, you should automatically receive "Ghost Mode"

Make it 250+ , 200 is still okay in my opinion, but yes overall a suggestion which is worth implemention 

^ As per my experience, people with ping more than 250, very rare cast I have seen people with 200 ping lags a lot but with 200+ they surely do.

Edited by .weezy
removed unnecessary quotation.

This is a good idea. When ping reaches a certain number, I think that it will be a very necessary thing for these players to fall into the ghost mode throwing

+1

there are people that are connected from america with a ping over 150-300 ms and dont lag the only reason why you lag is look at the configuration of your pc and look at the minum specification listed on the euro truck simulator site. 

the min spec are

Intel 

core i5 or higher 2.60 GHz preferably quad core 

min 4gb ram 

Nvidia 750 ti 2gig or higher 

AMD 

A10 or higher

4 gig ram 

R570 2gig or higher 

anything lower then the-min specs will cause lag. so if you are running a Pentium dual core and 2 gig ram and a Intel hd graphics card well you will lag because the game is not supported by that processor  or that amount of ram or that graphics card. if you find your self lagging try and move away from populated areas like Calais or the C-D road and Duisburg. also take a look at your internet connection most people have fiber in there homes a lot of people on DSL. i would say a ping over 350ms should be in ghost mode but then if they avg 450 anything over 350ms should be kicked you should not have a ping above 320 ms 

People cant help the lag though, it really depends where they are like since I live in Australia I get average of like 320ms (ping if you will) i cant help that i've got one of the best internets this country has to offer and even NBN however since the servers are European it means my internet has to work like 8 times harder to keep me connected. I cant help it nor can I stop it, I'm sure it is annoying to some however a lot of people it doesn't seem to affect, so I have been told anyway.

Kind Regards,

Top Bloke | Scania LTD Director 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GЯΞУHOUИD

Try changing your internet provider instead. players need to progress without crash. -1

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a good suggestion for those who have an average ping of 300 - 600ms.  I have suggest 300+ms as a lot of players play cross continent as EU2 and EU3 are the main server that are used.  This would ensure that only though only particularly poor connections receive ghost mode and not Americans playing with stable connections on the European servers.  This idea could also be incorporated for people with above average packet loss.  

+1 vote