ghost mode for people lagging really bad (sorry if this has already been suggested)

• 1 month later...

Its a nice suggestion but how will the mod find the person is lagging?  some times members have 275-300 ping don't lag and some times members with 150 ping lag. But people with 320+ ping should be added to ghost mode. Make a warning that they are having high ping so they are added to ghost mode and move to safe area. so when the ping becomes normal or stable ghost mode will be off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

UxiKSFa.png

While finding players who lag is an issue, starting out with ghosting high-ping players is a good place to start. 

If a player is suffering FPS drops, consider running some clientside delta-time code, which detects if a player is having 1+ seconds delay between frames? then they can be ghostmoded. 

as for un-ghosting them, they will have to enter and then leave a safe zone, just like everybody else.

• Game Developer

I am not familiar with this idea, because it sounds like an idea for trolling users.

The user would exploit desync and enter the ghost mode when there are many players around. Players could be confused and could hit another player when going through the lagging user.

Personally I would just suggest adding an icon next to the name what means the user is lagging. The icon would be next to the horn icon.

Disagreement.

• Upvote 6

JKTjx3r.jpg

Game Developer

Discord Bot Developer

people with a ping of anything over 120 are using a VPN as VPN cause lag because they are limited by that VPN bandwith they should be using a straight forward connection to the servers as there ping times will be much lower 

I agree and disagree beocuse some players will think its for fun and want to drive through just be pure they have got mode and I agree with y because some daggers do make a lot a crashes and make problems for everyone , so maybe they should add it and give it try before actualy putting it in the game.

Stay happy and safe

On 12/03/2018 at 10:24 PM, Tango Tr { Owner } Allan said:

people with a ping of anything over 120 are using a VPN as VPN cause lag because they are limited by that VPN bandwith they should be using a straight forward connection to the servers as there ping times will be much lower 

Lol where are you living ? 

My ping go from 40 to 1500 with a normal connexion when there is too much people around, just not an optical fiber... Not everyone have a really good connexion. 120 is a pretty good ping actually.

For the suggestion, it's a good idea but maybe with an visual signal like the horn one, to inform other players this one is in ghost mode.

I think this is a pretty good idea. Sometimes the ping temporarily goes way up and you can get kicked.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this, but it would save having to stop and restarting ETS2 to reconnect to the servers. If you're in a convoy, that's a pretty big hassle and wastes other trucker's time, which isn't very nice (but they should be understanding! :)).

Possibly just temporarily making the name appear as [GHOST] would be a solution. Making the truck transparent would most likely be much too difficult, so I think that is a viable solution for communicating to other players the truck is in ghost mode.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

It's a nice suggestion. We do not understand it when the guys are hacked or the ghost mod in ghost mode, but there is a solution

I like the idea, but in a way, you must think why someone would play with lag in the first place - or at least sufficient lag to have them teleporting around. On their screen I'd assume it looks fine, so maybe they don't always notice it. The ping limit tries to prevent that but some with 200+ start rubberbanding.

As others have said, the main issue is working out when the ghost mode would end. If it's consistent lag, theoretically it wouldn't end.. right?

9 minutes ago, Krewlex said:

I like the idea, but in a way, you must think why someone would play with lag in the first place - or at least sufficient lag to have them teleporting around. On their screen I'd assume it looks fine, so maybe they don't always notice it. The ping limit tries to prevent that but some with 200+ start rubberbanding.

As others have said, the main issue is working out when the ghost mode would end. If it's consistent lag, theoretically it wouldn't end.. right?

+1 with this. It would be hard to determine when the lag ends. It could be persistent which then means you could forever be in ghost mode.

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

• 4 weeks later...