[ARCHIVED] Reassign CB Button for Steering Wheel/Controllers

Hello TruckersMP.

By clicking this topic and or searching for this on YouTube you must be looking for a way to assign the CB button to a steering wheel or controller while playing ATS or ETS2 on TMP servers. If so I have a solution for you. As of right now, there isn’t an “official” way to change or assign the CB to a controller but in this guide, we will be using a 3rd part program called JoyToKey. This method will work for BOTH ATS and ETS2. Below is a text instruction set on how to complete and setup JoyToKey. If for whatever reason it doesn't work there will be a video below to see where you went wrong. So let's get started, shall we?

First off ensure that the device you are using is plugged into the computer and all drivers are installed and up to date. For this tutorial, I will be using a Logitech G920.

The second step is for you to download the program "JoyToKey"  Download Link   Virus Scan

Spoiler

d4P4fXzxSVi2-gZPL824Uw.png

The third step for you is to make a new folder on your desktop and name it whatever you'd like 

Spoiler

RAWpxnqAT-mq88tymwbjHQ.png

diQZhRF0Sg2qSmZ-oZBpnw.png

The fourth step is for you to extract the download files into the new folder we made on the desktop

Spoiler

vIZ_NTBPQoW81Ty35DKt5Q.png

The fifth step is to run JoyToKey as an Administrator

Spoiler

qGw7Qk3XSGaZsM6SOAHWRA.png

The sixth step is to assign the keys to your liking

Spoiler

_LqBbHAfSQiDWAWALYIL5Q.png

hCSlfRbpRGCBXxYcFFaO4Q.png

Last but not least just minimize the program and leaving it running while playing ATS/ETS2 on TruckersMP servers and you can now use whatever button you wish for the CB on your controller or steering wheel :)

Spoiler

aHpiNBL4SUCvnWDrofxCmg.png

If for whatever reason something went wrong or you prefer to watch a video tutorial I will leave a video below. Please note I recorded in full 1080 but it seems a bit grainy and not FULL HD so I apologize about that.

Spoiler

If the video still didn't help you and you're stuck with something please feel free to send me a message or mention me in this thread and I will see if I can help you. 

In the meantime, have fun and drive safe.

K0rnholio

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just another tip: When using Logitech products, you can use their own software (SetPoint/Logitech Profiler/Logitech Gaming Software) to assign lots of different actions to each of the controller's buttons. Usually, these pieces of sofware are installed with the drivers, so there's no need for external programs. With SP, LP and/or LGS, you can assign any key to any buttons in your Logitech mouse/gamepad/wheel.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

oh thanks much man :wub:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

• 1 year later...

Hey @K0rnholio -  thanks for this guide.

As of now, it seems that the media content of the guide (the images contained within the spoilers, and the video at the bottom) are all unavailable, removed and / or private.

If possible, please would you be able to update your guide so that these images and video work again. If not, no worries, just let me know and the guide can get moved into the trash.

(If you are unable to reinstate the video, feel free to just remove it.)

Thanks!

• Phon locked this topic