Everyone is lagging

[NL] FabianB

Mod Version: 0.1.3 R3
Controllers Used: Keyboard and mouse
Description of Issue: Everyone is lagging after I updated 2 days ago. First I had crashes, those seem to be gone now. But everyone is stuttering back and forth. Everyone. My ping ingame is ~42ms, so it isn't my internet? My specs are: w7 64bit, , AMD Phenom II X6, 8GB DDR3, GTX760.
How to reproduce: It's all the time
Screenshots / Videos: Explanation speaks for itself.

Mod Version: 0.1.3 R3Controllers Used: Keyboard and mouseDescription of Issue: Everyone is lagging after I updated 2 days ago. First I had crashes, those seem to be gone now. But everyone is stuttering back and forth. Everyone. My ping ingame is ~42ms, so it isn't my internet? My specs are: w7 64bit, , AMD Phenom II X6, 8GB DDR3, GTX760.How to reproduce: It's all the timeScreenshots / Videos: Explanation speaks for itself.

You are correct, but it mainly is the fps of other players, Im also micro stuttering when loading 5 players, on your screen Im standing still, or I am rubber banding, theres nothing to do against it for now D:

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

You are correct, but it mainly is the fps of other players, Im also micro stuttering when loading 5 players, on your screen Im standing still, or I am rubber banding, theres nothing to do against it for now D:

Rubber banding, that's the word. Before the newest update (or the one before that), it worked smooth and there was almost no rubber banding. What did they change? Or even better, can they fix it? MP is almost unplayable in it's current state for me. I find it strange that there aren't any more topics like mine.

Rubber banding, that's the word. Before the newest update (or the one before that), it worked smooth and there was almost no rubber banding. What did they change? Or even better, can they fix it? MP is almost unplayable in it's current state for me. I find it strange that there aren't any more topics like mine.

Yes, I think we are able to fix the biggest part, my best guess for now is that the there are some wrong numbers in the synchronosation, It will be fixed in new update I think!

I know all these issues, my friend got a bad lag around 5 other drivers, and the lag was so bad that the he was gonna drop inside the road

Any Way, As a Staff we are doing our best to solve these connection issues; But what ever we do, your internet speed will affect it  !

• Upvote 1

Tag Line: Want to Have fun, join Trucking World at ETS2, ATS and TruckersMP.

Respected Member of the Arab Community and TMP
Former: Forum Moderator, Support Team & Game Moderator

Any Way, As a Staff we are doing our best to solve these connection issues; But what ever we do, your internet speed will affect it  !

Nothing like deflecting it away from your servers, eh?

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Its not a server problem.

It is lagging because of the FPS from some players, if they have more microstuttering=more loading=more rubber bbanding.

it's a server problem when everybody is lagin :) then the cpu of the server hits 100% thats why you see people bouncing and rubber banding 

i was forgot that to add it's still the same when you see someone rubber banding it's the connection to the server

I dont agree tbh, when loading Rotterdam you clearly see people standing still when loading all the players, they are going back and forth and not weird bouncing and stuff, it is not a server problem but optimazition.

I find more of my lag issues happen when a truck comes into range 1 truck i get a split second lag spike 5+ truck i can lag for upto a min I think this might be caused by the fact the game is trying to load the player/truck data and the graphics at the same time (even tho you might not be able to see the player from your location) 

as for rubber banding/Bouncing/trucks at a rave. Rubber banding is not so bad for me personally there is always some but it is not huge I just have to take extra care as for bouncing/rave trucks thats only ever Rotterdam/EP (that I have noticed) but I think some of these issues are down to my system specs I am running on low gfx settings as well just to try and keep things running smooth (ish)

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to report the stuttering issue, but since it has already been reported I will jump in. There is most definitely a stutter and it compounds as more players come into range. This seems to be a new issue since the release of 0.1.4 R2. I can't speak for everyone, but it is new for me. 

Mod Version: 0.1.4 R2
Controllers Used: N/A
Description of Issue: When players come into detection range game lags/stutters client side. This lag time compounds with the detection of more players, ie. convoy or city.
How to reproduce: Drive in where players come in and out of range.
Screenshots / Videos: None

• 2 weeks later...