We're sorry - And we ask your opinion on /fix

HumaneWolf

My honest opinion? Currently, it's kinda pointless. You can repair your truck but not your trailer? What's the point? If you get rammed and your trailer takes enough damage that it's a lost cause, what is the point of the fix command? It's useless. Absolutely useless. At that point, you're better off taking the same amount of time it would take to type out "/fix" to just F7+Enter instead and then canceling the load in the Service Station and teleporting to a Home Garage to start over. Either way, you are losing money, so there isn't a point in using the current "/fix" command. The cooldown is fine. Keep it at 10 minutes. But I highly suggest adding the trailer fixing back to the command, otherwise it is useless and you're better off F7+Entering to a Service Station and canceling the load.

And before anyone says anything about C/D Road, I avoid that road like the plague if I ever do actually play ETS2MP, which I almost never do, and there are other people who avoid it too. However, not all trolls and rammers are exclusively on the C/D Road. And rammers and trolls aren't exclusively on ETS2MP. They're on ATSMP as well, all over the map, not just in one concentrated area. They are elsewhere in the map. So don't go and say "Stay off C/D Road then!" or "Stay out high population areas then!" because you're making yourself look like a fool by assuming that everyone only ever goes to the trouble areas.

Edited by Sanguinem Luna
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Can't wait for Trolls to keep ramming me, Thanks everyone for making the command useless. P:

15 minutes ago, Sanguinem Luna said:

My honest opinion? Currently, it's kinda pointless. You can repair your truck but not your trailer? What's the point? If you get rammed and your trailer takes enough damage that it's a lost cause, what is the point of the fix command? It's useless. Absolutely useless. At that point, you're better off taking the same amount of time it would take to type out "/fix" to just F7+Enter instead and then canceling the load in the Service Station and teleporting to a Home Garage to start over. Either way, you are losing money, so there isn't a point in using the current "/fix" command. The cooldown is fine. Keep it at 10 minutes. But I highly suggest adding the trailer fixing back to the command, otherwise it is useless and you're better off F7+Entering to a Service Station and canceling the load.

And before anyone says anything about C/D Road, I avoid that road like the plague if I ever do actually play ETS2MP, which I almost never do, and there are other people who avoid it too. However, not all trolls and rammers are exclusively on the C/D Road. And rammers and trolls aren't exclusively on ETS2MP. They're on ATSMP as well, all over the map, not just in one concentrated area. They are elsewhere in the map. So don't go and say "Stay off C/D Road then!" or "Stay out high population areas then!" because you're making yourself look like a fool by assuming that everyone only ever goes to the trouble areas.

100% True, Might aswell remove the command it's useless.

I think all the people hating on the command because it ruins "muh immersion on the simulation" are just being squares. You can simply choose to not use it! I have really enjoyed the command and use it to reverse the damage done by trolls and terrible drivers. Some people are such purists its just so frustrating to see, when you can choose to NOT type the gosh darn command in! Having a command to fix my trailer in the event some terrible driver/troll damages it was a godsend. It's so annoying to have to cancel a delivery after to much damage has been done to it.

Edited by UnScottable

Well, both Avgerho and this new command, generates that you lose the reason why the game was created. It's a truck simulator, not an arcade racing game.

The command means that the person does not care driving at 160 km / s during the whole session, because if he crashes, or if he hits another user, he can restore the truck immediately.

• Upvote 3

Jorge Sandi

jorensanbar

Nova Transports CEO

https://novatransports.com

When did a simulator become an arcade game? This is a temporary solution to a bigger problem. I would really like to see the members who taught this would be a great idea. 

The purpose of a simulator is to reflect realism.  This just gives the opportunity for people to ram you more often since you can fix. Or does this mean there is no punishment for ramming now since you can fix? Let us go back to the way things are. Enforce speed limiters in all servers and active moderation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jorensanbar said:

Well, both Avgerho and this new command, generates that you lose the reason why the game was created. It's a truck simulator, not an arcade racing game.

The command means that the person does not care driving at 160 km / s during the whole session, because if he crashes, or if he hits another user, he can restore the truck immediately.

The people like myself who use the /fix command do not use it to race. We use it to avoid having to cancel a delivery because either a bad driver or a troll damaged my trailer. Stop insinuating that the only people who use this command are trying to race. Its about not having your trailer become to damaged to make any money off of it. 

11 hours ago, beko1 said:

Let us go back to the way things are. Enforce speed limiters in all servers and active moderation. 

If they enforce speed limiters on every server, then you will see a lot of people who play leave. No one wants to be stuck going 55mph forever. Its terrible and boring especially on the long open stretches. And there is ACTIVE moderation! You people just dont seem to understand that no matter how many moderators they have, there will ALWAYS be trolls who slip through. And that is why the /fix command is a great idea. Also not everyone who damages our trailers are trolls, some of them are just terrible drivers.

Edited by UnScottable

Never used this command myself, yet. 

However I do think that this is a pretty good idea and can be used whenever trolls ram into your truck either whilst on a job or not, though I do not think that trolls themselves should be able to use this command as it is obvious that it would be abused by them if they aren't able to use no damage mod. 

This command can be useful but only if it have limitation because it will be abused. Best way to keep it and to prevent abuse is to have cooldown about 15-20 min.
Why i suggests longer CD? Because 2-3 uses per hour is more than enough, because people do not get rammed every 5 min. And because not everyone play on EU 2 and or C-D road.
When doing changes we always must have in mind that the MP is not only EU2 and C-D road, there are other servers and roads to drive on. people go to C-D road intentional most of the time, this mean that they should expect ramming and so on.
I am mostly on EU 3 and 1 and accidents happens rare so i do not need fix at all but as i already said it can be useful for convoys especially, because instead to teleport for repair, people can do it on the road and continue their trip.

/fix is great.

I hate when I get hit whether it would be accidental or on purpose, it's nice to have a quick solution rather than having to F7 and possibly abandoning the trailer for too much damage. I understand some drivers are against /fix because it might be considered cheating and that maybe it could be abused by trolls but in the end I would much rather have the option of using /fix than not having an option at all.

What I want to say, is the polls, to be worth anything, need at least a 95% turnout of regular users (those who've been on the game within, say, a week and have been playing for a while) or have a threshold limit for the votes

The /fix command was great driving around; other car drivers who are intending to troll or just drive around only on cars ram other car drivers because they most likely think it's fun among other car drivers. This is annoying, and the /fix commands saved this for me as a car. Now, they've limited it to only those with trailers, which makes no sense to me.

The fix command, allowed to everyone unlimited times, would eliminate those blocking the roads saying they've got too much damage to start their engines. There's always someone in the middle of the road stalling a bunch of times stopping traffic from flowing. Furthermore, the function of cars in a truckers game is to add life to the traffic; The cars are very easy to damage for some strange reason, even touching the kerb ever so slightly would nail an extra 15-30% damage in my experience. This would fix this. In fact, I would say to remove the /fix command and just stop damage. Ramming would still be a bannable, heavily-frowned-upon offence, but no one would take damage, or you'd only take specific damage, keeping the engine and tyres taking no damage whilst the rest of the truck WOULD take damage. This would eliminate stalling repetitively and would also eliminate people blocking the road because of such. 

The cars would not really be able to do much trolling with ramming so much, as all that would happen is that you'd stop instantaneously as it always happens, and would merely be able to troll by blocking, which is almost always dealt with by administrators within 10-15 minutes. The time spent trying to make this fair would be nothing if everyone decided on keeping the truck's and car's engines 'immortal' of damage and/or setting the /fix command to work on only the engine and tyres. That's the only problem you really get as a trucker; engine stalling out constantly and tyres getting damaged to the point of sliding. A common thing that people do is crash their car into a wall a bunch of times, go to service station and repair everything but their tyres and repeat until their tyres are at 100% damage, then go driving really fast, hitting the handbrake button for a second or two whilst pinning the throttle and then letting off the handbrake; An easy way to drift in the game, though only if you're skilled enough to know how to maintain a drift.

Edited by The Wanderer
Missed out loads, and had better ideas as well.

1 hour ago, UnScottable said:

The people like myself who use the /fix command do not use it to race. We use it to avoid having to cancel a delivery because either a bad driver or a troll damaged my trailer. Stop insinuating that the only people who use this command are trying to race. Its about not having your trailer become to damaged to make any money off of it.

This command don't repair your trailer, only the truck. So...

Jorge Sandi

jorensanbar

Nova Transports CEO

https://novatransports.com

I like /fix because I feel like it's inevitable to get rammed on the C-D road. However, people could argue that it makes it easier to troll and ram.
I think a solution is making a separate server where /fix can be used as often as people want and they shouldn't make it require a trailer.

I guess we'll just see what happens in the poll.

yo

5 minutes ago, MattGames said:

I like /fix because I feel like it's inevitable to get rammed on the C-D road. However, people could argue that it makes it easier to troll and ram.
I think a solution is making a separate server where /fix can be used as often as people want and they shouldn't make it require a trailer.

I guess we'll just see what happens in the poll.

First, / fix was freely given to us. but it was pointless to come in this way. Everyone had no damage. then why is No Damage Mode not allowed. I think the situation is good. If / fix is free, the trolls will still be around. but it is still so. Because it can not be tackled is troll.

5 minutes ago, Carrera18 said:

First, / fix was freely given to us. but it was pointless to come in this way. Everyone had no damage. then why is No Damage Mode not allowed. I think the situation is good. If / fix is free, the trolls will still be around. but it is still so. Because it can not be tackled is troll.

The "trolls" will always live on within TruckersMP and there's no denying that. And if they get banned, they can hop on another account. I'm okay with the situation as it is right now, however it's pointless to make it a trailer-only command because it doesn't fix your trailer. It can be debated.

yo

1 hour ago, jorensanbar said:

This command don't repair your trailer, only the truck. So...

oh the last time I used it, it fixed both my trailer and my truck. It sucks that it only fixes just the truck now, they should change it back to fixing both the truck and the trailer.

31 minutes ago, MattGames said:

The "trolls" will always live on within TruckersMP and there's no denying that. And if they get banned, they can hop on another account. I'm okay with the situation as it is right now, however it's pointless to make it a trailer-only command because it doesn't fix your trailer. It can be debated.

I guess us could be in the same mind. but the trailer need to be repair or not to be repaired. I do not know what to decide on this. because it will be fast moving, they will connect trailer for troll. and those who want to do a real transportation.

I would rather change the topic to cars being too dangerous. You see, people who drive cars like to drive fast. But sometimes they go a bit too fast, yes. At this point, horrible handling combined with enormous weight and poor brakes, becomes a part of the play. And add a powerful engine to the equasion (okay, the engine has nothing to do with this). The lack of control simply does not allow the player to safely escape the collision, instead the car starts tossing the player around, making it even harder to recover thus creating a collision hazard. The car becomes potentially dangerous after reaching 90+ kmph in straightaways. But in corners the speed has to be even lower, to finish the maneuver safely, due to the weight issues and high gravitational center. I suggest that we should adress this issue at first. About the /fix, it is genuinly a useful command, but lets face it. Someone will always abuse the weak points in the system. By removing the feature, there would be more losses to the players than trolls. From the other hand, by letting the command stay, there will be more advantages to trolls than the players.

As a relative newbie to the Truck Simulator games, I have got to say that this seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

The game has fundamental flaws which need to be addressed before anything else should even consider being looked at.  For example, I was driving from UK to France southbound on the M6, then from out of nowhere I was hit head on by a convoy of trucks.  All 3 lanes were blocked by the carnage and then the abuse started, I ignored the radio commentary and did what we are encouraged to do and report the user, I did and the only message I got back was "This user has already been reported".  So I reset my truck and warped to service, fixed the 20,000 worth of damage and set on my merry way.  Once on the motorway, there they were again, all side by side driving the wrong way down the motorway travelling in the same direction as me but on the wrong side, I followed and watched them ruin the game for a few more users, then when they all warped to service to quit, I carried on my merry way.  Later that evening I get a system message telling me that nothing was being done to the person who had driven the wrong way down the motorway causing so much havoc to other users!  I was more than annoyed as the 14% damage to my trailer made the 800 mile journey almost worthless by the time I finished.  Now balance that with the horrific and kickable crime of not switching your headlights on within 10 seconds of joining regardless to location or time of day or even other users in the vicinity and you can see the injustice.

The only way to prevent trolls is take away their toys, if two vehicles make contact more than twice/three times over 25mph then both vehicles ghost until there is separation, also make the reporting easier than it currently is, when two vehicles make contact a single button can be pressed by both vehicles to file a report.  Victims should get justice, trolls should get kicked and false reporters should also get kicked.

The fix option itself is a no brainier, especially for newbies or even newbies victims, I certainly have been guilty of overshooting corners and ploughing into an innocent trucker and potentially ruined their delivery, I have always apologised but it was an accident and simulation or not ETS2 is a game after all!!

Just my newbie opinion!!