We're sorry - And we ask your opinion on /fix

HumaneWolf

8 minutes ago, mantazzo said:

Well, I'll probably sound very stupid by saying this, but I'm neither for nor against the command. I haven't used any xp/money mods so I enjoy playing it vanilla for now, and I do like the aspect of not having the /fix command. I usually drive within the speed limits (or slightly over it, like 100kmh in a 90kmh zone) and just apply real life driving rules within the game, since it's not just a simple racing/driving game - it's a sim after all... BUT, on the other hand, I think it's a good thing to have it, so that some damage by occasional trolls would be neutered.
What I'm thinking would be better is 2 commands instead of 1, if possible:

• /fix, limited to, for example, 10 uses within 2 hours (instead of time limit, timer starts after using the command the first time) - fixes truck/car only;
  • /fixall, limited to, for example, 1 use within 1 hour - fixes truck AND trailer.

I think this way it would be easier for people who got trailer heavily damaged after a long haul (1 hour haul, for example) fixed up so that they can still earn money for the delivery; also if you're roaming randomly and you get some serious damage you could just use /fix to fix up your truck/car.

If that wouldn't be possible... I think the current variation is pretty good - after all, it's not just a simple driving/racing game... If you think it is - go play NFS, the game is not for you.

(And also first post in forums after playing the game for quite a bit, nice)

The last piece is what i think every time when i see them racing, and giving you and heard attack when you see them coming in your mirror...

Im an old truck driver player, I have played 18 WoS since 2007, I choose Euro truck SIMULATOR because of the default mechanics that it has and not because of a tool that fix everything with just one command (/fix). To me what /fix mean is play without risk and so easy and beside of it trolls start thinking that hitting and everything is not a problem, pretending that there is not reason to punish them, because you just need to type one command and you are not going to be mad (meaning less reports for them). We don't think fix command is a good tool to add, we should try to report everyone who wants to ruin our trucking spirit, with the approaching simulation of driving, with the nice driving experience in the roads. 

Thanks to all who reads my message.

redbull.jpg

To be fair, /fix resolves more issues than just players becoming outraged at rammers and trolls. It also can serve a dramatic reduction in the traffic seen at service areas. Only those flipped over / stuck will require F7'ing. Limiting the use of the command may also prevent trolls and rammers themselves from taking advantage of it. I don't think it was an awful idea and can certainly see how it can be improved without removing it entirely. 

• True Story 1

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

I do not find the idea bad, but in my view it is a contradiction to the no damage mod, it is banned because it is a cheat/hack, but in the next moment this command is developed which causes similar.. I know the hacks and cheats are banned, is also correct, but I would find the no damage mod also not a bad idea to the players who use such a mod/cheat then only to protect themselves from trolls or reckless driving.. Is my personal opinion

5 minutes ago, Sabbi [GER] said:

I do not find the idea bad, but in my view it is a contradiction to the no damage mod, it is banned because it is a cheat/hack, but in the next moment this command is developed which causes similar.. I know the hacks and cheats are banned, is also correct, but I would find the no damage mod also not a bad idea to the players who use such a mod/cheat then only to protect themselves from trolls or reckless driving.. Is my personal opinion

The no damage mod would be better in my opinion. But with the /fix, TMP know that there will be a smaller majority hacking which means fewer trolls  

the fix command have both advantages and disadvantages. But i think you needn't to say sry to anyone, whatever u do is help us have a better experience in game. Thank you for your effort.:)

I just want to say, keep up the good work and I think the /Fix is a great Idea, really helps people when we get hit by reckless people out on the road who like to ruin the fun for the rest of us, the only thing I really wish ya'll could take it are the PILOT cars and make them for ADMIN use only or make it to where they are increased on damage and set to a lower speed. Thank you.

I am really NOT happy with new update of /fix 
imagine with me. I am driving a truck with a trailer  in the multiplayer and somehow I can see that a lot of people doesn't respect the rules of the game they just run into your  truck and they hit it .  lets say after he hit the truck, the truck damage will go to 75% and I wanna continue the road so I can send my trailer to its place. of course we all know that 75% your truck engine is gonna go on and off.  if you wanna continue the road the only option is to do /fix so your truck could be repaired immediately.  now with the new update if I command /fix I have to wait 430 seconds just for my truck to be repaired so you end up with another option which is F7 and go back like 1h or 3h back in the game and go through the same road u already went so there is no need for this /fix if you have to wait 430 seconds and in the end I end up going to F7.. 
my opinion is to remove this 430 seconds and let the command /fix work immediately without having to wait all this long 
you guys are doing a great job KEEP ON GOING.. and please fix this issue. 

6 hours ago, mantazzo said:

[...]
What I'm thinking would be better is 2 commands instead of 1, if possible:

• /fix, limited to, for example, 10 uses within 2 hours (instead of time limit, timer starts after using the command the first time) - fixes truck/car only;
  • /fixall, limited to, for example, 1 use within 1 hour - fixes truck AND trailer.

I think this way it would be easier for people who got trailer heavily damaged after a long haul (1 hour haul, for example) fixed up so that they can still earn money for the delivery; also if you're roaming randomly and you get some serious damage you could just use /fix to fix up your truck/car.

If that wouldn't be possible... I think the current variation is pretty good - after all, it's not just a simple driving/racing game... If you think it is - go play NFS, the game is not for you.

(And also first post in forums after playing the game for quite a bit, nice)

Hey!!  ^ This!! ^

Why not have two separate commands?  And the devs have already shown they can implement time limits for using the command, so it can't be too complicated to time them differently, once the second command is implemented.

5 hours ago, NeonDJ said:

Im an old truck driver player, I have played 18 WoS since 2007, I choose Euro truck SIMULATOR because of the default mechanics that it has and not because of a tool that fix everything with just one command (/fix). To me what /fix mean is play without risk and so easy and beside of it trolls start thinking that hitting and everything is not a problem, pretending that there is not reason to punish them, because you just need to type one command and you are not going to be mad (meaning less reports for them). We don't think fix command is a good tool to add, we should try to report everyone who wants to ruin our trucking spirit, with the approaching simulation of driving, with the nice driving experience in the roads. 

Thanks to all who reads my message.

I don't think having a fix command will make trolls start viewing ramming and hitting as not a problem... They obviously already think that.

4 hours ago, NeonDJ said:

If you want to use /fix, this room would not make sense.
2018-01-11_195325.jpg.fed75304e2da29253eb3a34250d0f76b.jpg

EU4 consistently tracks between 2% and 20% of EU2 levels. Not everybody wants to play on a borderline empty server.

1 hour ago, SJ Yeung said:

if the /fix cannot fix the trailer, why I need to use this?!

where the different for F7+enter? just no need money to fix my truck?

With /fix you can fix your truck anywhere.  Don't have to teleport far away to service station anymore.

• Haha 1

Here's my opinion:

1./fix command should repair both truck and trailer, and you can use it anytime without waiting.

2./fix shouldn't be available in EU1 server. Because it's a server about simming, which you have to pay for your fault like in the real world.

3.Introduce a new command called /fixoverturn, which will make you recover from overturning. This command only works if your truck overturned.

Just my 2 cents.

• True Story 1

only have to say one thing needs to be fixed I like everything else but can we please get rid of the auto kick when you don't have headlights on I mean its stupid just to have headlights on when its daylight out so please just please can we get rid of the auto kick with no headlights on and other than that everything else is good.

22 minutes ago, Nightmare Chrysalis said:

its stupid just to have headlights on when its daylight out

Do you realize that with the Winter Mod, when it's daylight out for you it can be dark night for others? You disable the mod, you are driving at 8 p.m. and it's daylight, the player in the truck behind or ahead of yours has the mod enabled, in his screen, it's pitch black. That player would see you as "Ghost Driving", or wouldn't see you until it's too late. That's why the rule about headlights was introduced, once the Winter Mod is removed, I guess that the rule will be removed as well. By the way, I disabled the Winter mod and never had a problem because of this... First thing I do when I connect and start my truck is make sure that the lights are on before starting to drive, even during daylight. I got used to do this a long time ago, when I learnt that since the weather is not synchronized in MP, I can be driving in daylight, under a bright sun, and others on the same road can have clouds and heavy rain. Just a security measure to be seen by those people. With the Winter Mod it makes even more sense.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

I don't see anything wrong with the /fix, It's actually a really good idea to include that command. One suggestion though: It should also fix the trailer.

EDIT: The /fix is useless in the CD road because you can only fix your truck when you have a trailer attached, and most people go to the CD road with the Scout cars.

Edited by GeraldasLTU

```~~Gerald~~```

They've made it so you can't /fix unless you have a trailer, this is getting worse, please, add it back with a 2m delay and make it so you can do it with a trailer thanks!

1 hour ago, Arlin [FR] said:

I think the /fix is a good thing but this command must be limited to one use every 10/15 minutes.

It depends, I think it should be 120s delay as ive ran into 13 hackers between a trip from Calais to Dortmund i think it was, and I had to go to repair stations as usual. 

I love the command its amazing, just what ive been waiting for, maybe remove it from EU1  as thats pure simulation. 

• Upvote 1

This command is causing a lot of fun in the trolls of the game.
Yesterday, during a trip, I caught 4 people on the wrong side.
The command, with or without the limitations, is a bit like having the F7 command immediately.
I believe that this command must be removed and restore everything because it ruins the simulation of the game and it stimulates many trolls.
Without the command, people would start to drive with much more caution and above all the trolls would be put in great difficulty.
With the removal of all those unlawful tools, the journey had already been regularized and I managed to travel 3200 km without problems on Europe #2; as soon as the "/fix" command was introduced, the problems returned.
So, I am against using this command.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

@EmpowerXYT Don't you see why they did that? Trolls don't usually go with trailers, they drive cars or 700+ HP trucks without trailers, they should NOT be given the chance to fix themselves after trolling people. This game is about hauling cargo, you want to drive just for the sake of it, you can do it, but make sure to do it carefully and you won't be needing any "/fix" commands. I honestly believe that it's for the best that only people driving jobs have the benefit of being able to fix their trucks "on-the-go", good for convoys, good for not needing to go back lots of Km because of teleporting to a repair station... People who just drive their vehicles without trailers as if it were a racing game don't deserve any benefits.

• True Story 1