We're sorry - And we ask your opinion on /fix

HumaneWolf

Trolls have nowhere to hide if you look at their punishment record on their profile. Find a way to enable /fix for those who have minimal bans, i.e. less than 2 in a year. Those trolls with multiple bans (more than 2 in a year) on their profile do not get to use /fix command. That is how you eliminate trolls while having the benefits to others who deserve it. The end.

3 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

So, we've messed up. It's pretty obvious that while we have good intentions, we have listened to far too few players far too much in the /fix situation. We have read your feedback. And we are sorry. We want to improve, and we want to fix this.

It might seen like an obvious thing to say, but we want you truckers to have an awesome experience, but sometimes we misjudge and don't really know what you want. Those who want something tends to shout louder than those who are happy with how things are.

Here is how we plan to work on this:

• We are going to run a poll.
  • Every user will be able to vote on this, and you will be able to see the results in real time.
  • You will be given multiple questions, and options.
  • The poll will be released closer to this weekend, and you will have a couple of weeks to vote.
  • The exact start and end times will be announced together with the poll.

The exact poll options are not done yet, and we are open for input.

Thanks for telling us when we are wrong.

• The entire TruckersMP team

View post on homepage

OK. We're all wait this poll 

Моя жизнь - мои правила

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Maybe I didn't read it right, but if I did, the latest update changed the first "/fix" command to a new version, which has a time-limit (it can only be used once every 10 minutes), it works only if you're driving a truck + trailer (not if you're driving cars or trucks without trailers) and it only fixes the truck, but not the trailer. If my interpretation is correct, I find it perfect. The no-damage cheats avoided damage to the trailers too, but that could make people to be more careless when doing jobs. Now, people doing jobs, even WoT jobs, will have to be careful to not damage the cargo, but they can instantly fix their trucks if they get badly damaged by trolls or reckless drivers. I know: "If the damage to the trailer is big, it's not worth it to continue with the job" - TRUE, but that's exactly the same as it was some time ago (before no-damage and other hacks became popular). We'll deal with it, same as we did in the past.

So, thank you for the new "/fix" update and even more for this topic. It's things like these that make users happy.

I agree with this 100%.  Adding the time limit and only fixing the truck makes it so you can't abuse it, and if you're rammed by trolls or reckless drivers blowing through red lights at 80+km/h then you are still able to drive away without having to F7 and possibly back-track on your route.  We all hate trolls, but the simple fact is that they are always going to exist, at least at some level, and /fix allows people who want to use it to just continue their drive.

And if you don't like /fix (it messes up the game economics, realism, etc), then you don't have to use it!  I hope the devs don't permanently remove this feature just because a few loud people complained...

To a large amount of the community's dismay, I'm in support of the no-damage mod returning to MP.

This is due to a number of reasons:

For instance, it is a lot easier to just drive without the need to type a command every time someone drives into you.

In addition, since people of whom use the mod are kicked from the server, it's fairly obvious that the MP client can detect when it is used.

Due to the above, I believe that the Game Moderators should be able to view if a given person is using a no-damage mod via the in-game admin panel when (if) they handle in-game reports, since it's obvious that the MP client can detect if it is used and issue punishments accordingly if ramming occurs, etc.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

2 hours ago, [ZH]-[179]*KAUZDS said:

The /fix command is an awesome thing. That being said I think it shouldn't be a thing on EU#1 which is supposed to be the "simulation" server. And if  people are abusing the command to troll just put a timer on it instead of removing it completely.

Couldnt agree more. A delay of a couple of minutes would make sense.

1 minute ago, Photonic said:

The command was ruined with a timer, now I have start loading saves more often again.

Agreed, hate the 10 minute time.

13 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

To a large amount of the community's dismay, I'm in support of the no-damage mod returning to MP.

This is due to a number of reasons:

For instance, it is a lot easier to just drive without the need to type a command every time someone drives into you.

In addition, since people of whom use the mod are kicked from the server, it's fairly obvious that the MP client can detect when it is used.

Due to the above, I believe that the Game Moderators should be able to view if a given person is using a no-damage mod via the in-game admin panel when (if) they handle in-game reports, since it's obvious that the MP client can detect if it is used and issue punishments accordingly if ramming occurs, etc.

+100000 Completely agree, one of the best replies ive seen today.

Just register the amount of /fix per user, then, when the amount is higher than normal players, check out what they are actually doing wrong... as a normal online player would use it about once an hour. (depending on the favorite road they take.. ) And if they show wreckless driving, endangering others or something else that makes them use /fix more, give 'm the boot for a couple of days to think about their sins.

The /Fix is "the" best option you couldhave given to get our truck to the destination. No need to say sorry, for coming up with a solution for a "human"-problem.

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

So I think I'll also tell you my point of view for this feature...

The things that are most important in my opinion:

• There are some steps needed in order to avoid abuse of that command.
  • Everyone should be able to use it, no restrictions based on bans/the kind of vehicle/anything similar.
  • It should not be like the No damage mod, because that mod was easy to abuse. 
  • It should be useful and make a difference to F7 (and not only a difference of time).

The first point is the most important one for me. The recently added cooldown would solve that at all, hence this is one possbible solution. But I noticed a lot of disagreement and I do understand it. There is no guarantee that you need to use this command less than every 10 minutes. Perhaps you crash twice after a short time and you have to use F7 again.

So that is not the best solution.

I would like to replace the timer by another condition: it should be impossible to use this command when the vehicle is moving. Reason: it's also to prevent abuse for trolling. Additionally, at the moment this way of fixing is already possible: stop your truck, save your game, remove the wear, load the game, done. The command would do something that has been possible all the time by save editing - but it has one advantage: it is faster.

And if anyone still has concerns as for abuse: we could also keep the cooldown and set it to a lower time, for example 60 seconds (should be enough, but not too much).

You should not be able to use it only with an attached trailer. I mean, you can also crash accidentally when you don't have a trailer. And for this case, you still have to F7, and the  command would be useless. It should be also available for cars, because crashing with a car is much more common as you might know, hence it needs the command even more urgently. Some people might think that this would be an advantage for trollers. I tell you: as long as other trucks ram me when I am driving a car, this command needs to be usable for cars as well.

Regarding WoT jobs... I think it doesn't make that much sense to prohibit it for WoT contracts. I mean, everyone should recognize (at the latest when they tried it once) that it doesn't work. And even if you try it, you might spawn on the middle of the road - but that's what we got ghost mode for. So no big deal here, I don't think that there are any restrictions necessary.

Oh, and one last point... It makes no sense to remove the wear of the truck only. This is the thing making this command special.

CONCLUSION:
The /fix command should not add anything new. It should only support things that are available by save editing (means: stopping, removing wear from truck and trailer, continuing the trip). The advantages: it can be used by players that don't have experience in save editing, and it is also faster and less inconvenient. 

It would add nothing new and would be still be useful. Nobody would have a reason to complain anymore.

My ideas:

•  /fix: Make it ON/OFF while using a WoT job, so you can't be damage at all. If you use the fix, now, WoT will teleport you at the last know position.
  • /fix: The command should work only with Not-Reported players. So, if i report someone, it can't write "/fix" and damage again. The command shouldn't work untill the game restart.
  • /report: If a player has been reported, put it into Ghost Mode (Like the spawn), so you can pass through him if he is blocking, or if he is doing ramming, it can't ram anymore. The Ghost Mode should be active untill you restart the game.
  • Useless? No, you always need to wait 400 players in queue. Trolls will restart the game when reported, because they can't do anything with the Ghost Mode activated. 1 ramming = 100 - 400 queue players = 5 - 10 minutes of time lost = trolls will be bored to do it everytime and will stop breaking OUR "spheres".
Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky

@Mirrlandso long story short - You're pointing at that the MP launcher should also have an Anti-Cheat implemented? If that's the case then oh dear this world has gone too far, like really, it came to the point where you need a freaking anti-cheat for a casual simulation game?

*banging my head on the computer table*

Let me give you a single reason why should /fix command stay in-game: If they delete it, everything will go back to chaotic as it was before this update. Admins would have another session of headaches with overflooding reports + there's the matter of their own efficency, which is not great.

Regarding WoT jobs: I believe it has been stated that the reason we can't use /fix with those jobs is that your damage is stored on SCS servers, to prevent cheating their system via save editing etc.  Keep in mind WoT was designed to be used with vanilla ETS2/ATS, driving with AI traffic, and no trolls driving 140 km/h, so any crashes/damage to your cargo was due to your own reckless driving.