Calling out the trolls

ariesdragon

I am not trying to start a war or anything but what is the point of having admins when they dont do there job. I understand there is alot of reports everyday but nothing seems to get done ! I have been rammed numerous time sent in lots of report and nothing happen I have been banned because someone rammed me.... were is the justice. There is none.  Truckers MP have in game rule even for EU2 sever but people ignore them because there is no consequences and it ruins the game for everyone who play the game and to be honest I am sick and tired of and for that reasone i dont play on MP anymore which sucks because i enjoy driving with my friends.  Yes its a multyplayer game and ther will always be trolls but latly it has been getting worse to the point were i dont enjoy the game anymore.  It is shamefull of certain players how the abuse other players in this game and get away with it.  There is enough anger in this world with out it coming into a game to try and relax but get nothing but abuse.  The most disrespectfull thing i have seen is my sister was aske for nude pictures of herself before this person would move out of her way.  That is the most disgussting thing i have ever seen in any game i have ever played.  Before this happened i was not going to say anything and just not play truckers mp anymore, but this person crossed a line that should never have been crossed in the first place.  I fell I i have to make a stand on this because person has no respect for anybody and because will proberly get away with it.  I understand there is alot of reports for breaking the rules but when nothing gets done whats the point of submiting reports.

From this day forward i will no longing be playing ETS2 MP or ATS. I know its not going to do anything but I was brought up with some morals and tought to treat people the way I would like to be treated.  So with that being said because of all the abuse i have seen heard and recived i no longer support Truckers MP.

All I can say is,if you don't drive Calais - Duisburg Road your fine,play on EU1.

We have many Trial Game Mods and Game Mods who take care of the Reports everyday on volunteer base.

You can leave your feedback here. 

https://truckersmp.com/feedback

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

i'm very sorry about that @ariesdragon it's true trolls are giving everyone a bad time and i don't think they will change their behavior no matter what the best solution is to record all your gaming sessions and fill in website reports this way the trolls will be dealt with. as you mentions about admins not doing their jobs you should note that they're not always online to patrol or claim in-game reports so don't rely on Ingame reports instead submit website reports.  

Admins/Game Mods have lives too, they cannot always be online but they do their best :) If you record and report on the website your report will get looked at and the player banned, for that guy that crossed that line, its disgraceful and he does deserve a ban (if you did not record and take a screenshot of it, you can find it in chat logs). The problem with in game reports is that they get so many in game (not always good reports either - if you watch admin streams you'll see this) I highly recommend watching an admins stream so you can see what they do and how the in game reports work.

If you have noticed an increase in trolls recently then that would be due to the steam sales (as the game gets very cheap then) and the Christmas Holidays in many places when there is no school or college etc so there was an increase in players and trolls. 

If you go C-D, Calais, Duisburg or Brussels on EU2 then you will more then likely meet trolls there as they are the busiest places on the map (its been like that for over a year now) and before that it was Europe and Rotterdam.  Drive in other areas or other servers and there is less chance of meeting a troll :) Of course you might still meet trolls in other areas but not as much as you will on C-D.

People do get always get banned when you report them in game but alot of people record and then report the trolls on the website where the reports will always get looked at so you can be sure trolls get banned (if there is valid evidence)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

People have lives irl and don't live on the server 24/7 So give them a chance, I play quite a bit and I avoid the CD road as much as possible there are loads of other roads where there are no trolls, so use them.

Also it's not as easy as saying recruit more IGM as being a moderator in game comes with alot of trust from higher up people so they need to know they can trust you before you are let lose in game. 

To be honest I'd advise staying away from the CD road and use the other roads of the map as there are many many roads in the game which are very empty.

signature_cao.png

I would like to point out that the OP did not mentioned where the described incidents took place.

However, it is a good idea in general to avoid areas with high road traffic volumes (e.g. the infamous Calais-Duisburg road) to not unneccessary expose oneself to trolls/ rule violators.

@ariesdragon,

If you lean back, zoom out and look at the whole picture, you will see that trolls are a minority of TMP, and that Europe is more than Calais-Duisburg.

I for one enjoy and prefer the beauty of southern Europe, namely France, Austria, Switzerland and Italy.

TMP is a multicultural community, and we have our cultural, morally and ideological differences.

But the majority of this community accepts and respects these differences as what distinguishes us.

With your post you have proven that you are part of this majority and that you care about these values.

Now more than ever, you should defend those values and not give in.

I wish people would read my post properly for what it is its a rant about trolls.  I already avoid the trouble areas like i have stated in my post I also stated that yes admis cant be every at once WE are only human after all. @Joao Rodrigues i have stepped back and looked at the bigger picture.  I have close to 400 hrs in the game yes its not as much as most people but the fact is still the same there isnt enough admins for over 5000 players.  Opinions are like a-holes everyboby has one and they all stink.  And befor anybody else who want to  comment on this post please read all the other comment before you make a comment yourself. So everybody is clear i ususally drive in Scandinavia because i like to pull double i avoid Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Duisburg and Calais. So please dont tell me to avoid those areas i already do.  Yes trolls will be trolls and there will be more with the steam sale. I might have been born yesterday but i wsnt born last night.  Those of us that enjoy this game need to stand up and work with the admis and help them with the trolls and the people that think its ok to abuse people over the internet because they think its ok because they are anonymous.  And I hate to say this but its mostly Eastern Europeans and Turkish people that are the most abusive and i am sorry i just cant tollerate it any more.  Yes i understande that the admins cant be everywere and that they have live to live to and they get tons of reports a day, then one of the solutions maybe is to have more admins because there isnt enough for the amount of players.

I am starting to sound like a broken record I have said what i wanted to say.  I will not be playing either mp anymore because this issue will never be resolved.

I wish all the decent people safe travels.

20 hours ago, El Gaviota said:

I think that there shuould be more admins, there are like 5000 player all days and 20 admins. 20 vs 5000 i think it is a low number of admins

Yeah, but not every player breaks the rules! ;)

TruckersMP has a lot of admins, and they will become more and more with the time! (Promotions, Recruitments, etc.)

But it's true! InGame reports don't work all times. Many admins making a patrol, fly over busy areas, and so on! But no admin can handle this amount of reports! -> Because of this I don't report players InGame anymore! (Except he trolls / he ramms intentionally)

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

My personal view is that the mod has gone downhill over the last few months. More trolls than ever, less efficient admins in game, rules not being properly enforced and its not just in game. A lot of the time, if there's a thread on the forums calling out the issues, threads just get closed because the powers that be don't like to deal with issues that arise.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

There are 50 GM's in which I hardly see in-game. Yes, they have personal lives and it's volunteering. But I think there should be at least one GM in-game everyday. I wouldn't want a GM on the game all day because that will get boring, but there should be someone on to monitor the servers. Recruiting more active members of the community would help massively with the huge demand of players. I can see TMP are are trying to tackle this with recruiting more Game Moderators. The in-game report system only works efficiently when there are GM's online to see the reports, other then that it is useless as it doesn't get seen. However, feedback is open to leave your comments about how you feel.  

On 1/11/2018 at 10:16 AM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Admins/Game Mods have lives too, they cannot always be online but they do their best :) If you record and report on the website your report will get looked at and the player banned, for that guy that crossed that line, its disgraceful and he does deserve a ban (if you did not record and take a screenshot of it, you can find it in chat logs). The problem with in game reports is that they get so many in game (not always good reports either - if you watch admin streams you'll see this) I highly recommend watching an admins stream so you can see what they do and how the in game reports work.

If you have noticed an increase in trolls recently then that would be due to the steam sales (as the game gets very cheap then) and the Christmas Holidays in many places when there is no school or college etc so there was an increase in players and trolls. 

If you go C-D, Calais, Duisburg or Brussels on EU2 then you will more then likely meet trolls there as they are the busiest places on the map (its been like that for over a year now) and before that it was Europe and Rotterdam.  Drive in other areas or other servers and there is less chance of meeting a troll :) Of course you might still meet trolls in other areas but not as much as you will on C-D.

People do get always get banned when you report them in game but alot of people record and then report the trolls on the website where the reports will always get looked at so you can be sure trolls get banned (if there is valid evidence)

I don't buy this reason. This is why you have a recruitment section.

Maybe giving players permission to /admins command would help? If someone is abusive and you see he won't stop, you could write to admin/game mod that's currently online for help. I saw few people rage quit the game when they see "No actions was taken against player (...)" on chat. Not everyone is using recording software and willing to make report on TruckersMP site and CB abuses and inappropriate behavior on CB like screams, spam or playing music is really a pain in the a** and taking all joy of playing with others.

ps.
After all we have statement when doing in-game report that our game play will be recorded

In all honesty, I really appreciate this mod and the afford put into it, but especially on EU1 it seems it is getting worse every day. It is not enough to prevent the route Duisburg -> Calais. Nearly every time you drive thru the "base game zone" you get in trouble, especially in germany. Most of the time me and my team plan our routes far away from germany just to prevent getting caught by ghost drivers or people which are just interested in messing up everything. For example, yesterday evening we drove from Bergen (N) to Nice (F). Close to the border to france, there was a guy overtaking on the breakdown lane. Okay, I can deal with that...let us make him some space, before he messes up my freight. I switched lanes to the middle of three lanes and what happens next? Right.....he pulls over from the breakdown lane to the complete left lane... - great job. This was only one example from yesterday evening, but the most extreme one for an accident on purpose.

This happens by far to often - a lot of people don't get it, that EU1 should be simulation or I don't get it right, what simulation means. I don't have any problems with such things happening by accident, but those "accidents" are far more often no accidents at all.

On top, I think this "/fix" thingy will make things far worse instead of help. This is some kind of free tickets for trolls to just go insane. "What's the matter? You can repair for free...."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived