thekirito

ETCARS - Electronic Truck Communication Addressing and Reporting System

ETCARS is a revolutionary plugin built by developers for developers. The plugin exposes game data using sockets on the local machine. This allows for network connections to receive event based data from the game. The plugin is free, open-source, and available for anyone to use to make awesome creations, such as auto loggers, displays, or linking into LEDs on a raspberry pi. The goal of this plugin is to also simplify the number of plugins out there reporting data. And because ETCARS uses a socket instead of a file, multiple clients can connect simultaneously without impacting game performance! You can learn more on the dedicated website https://etcars.menzelstudios.com and visit the forums for additional help: https://forums.menzelstudios.com

Hopefully you as developers will find this useful and will help simplify your developments when it comes to getting data exported from ETS2 and ATS!

March 19th, 2018 Update:

I have released a massive update to ETCARS. This update includes a linux shared object file(so) which is the equivalent of a windows dll, that can be installed on linux systems and will work with both ETS2 and ATS. Simply follow the instruction in the readme or on the website for details. I've also added a lot of new data to the plugin, featuring wheel data, trailer data, advanced trailer, cabin, and hook positioning data. The current future plans are to add Ferries, Trains and job saving. The current release version is 0.12.

April 6th, 2019 Update:

Updates continue to roll out and I can't believe it's been more than a year since launching this project. Not many projects have picked this up but there are a few interesting things that I've been contacted about regarding this project. I'm hoping soon someone will take this project and fly with it. The benefits are there and soon, an even more reliable service that can hopefully be utilized by even more people. Our forums have gone through many cycles lately due to themes, support, and stability. I continue to run support and further the development of this amazing project.

Edited by thekirito
2019 update
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I think the idea and app is great, but the problem is that ets2-telemetry is so widespread and used by so many stuff that ETCARS is just going to be yet another DLL in the plugins folder. You and others need to convice Virtual Logistic Companie Software developers, etc. to implement your system, otherwise the end-user will have nothing from your performance improvements. It will only have more impact as two plugins will do the same thing.

Yes, in the control panel.

On 10/9/2018 at 4:40 PM, Bluscream said:

I think the idea and app is great, but the problem is that ets2-telemetry is so widespread and used by so many stuff that ETCARS is just going to be yet another DLL in the plugins folder. You and others need to convice Virtual Logistic Companie Software developers, etc. to implement your system, otherwise the end-user will have nothing from your performance improvements. It will only have more impact as two plugins will do the same thing.

We are currently working with other developers in the community to make ETCARS better. I can't say much now, but there are items in development behind the scenes. ETCARS will have a user-configurable API endpoint for delivery publishing/hooking. This should allow projects like VTLog(LogIT) or TrucksBooks to utilize ETCARS.