Allow fatigue simulation

Those of you who are saying:

- That this can cause accidents

-  Causes screens to go dark

You should have checked how many driving hours you have left. Think about it realistically, if you are tired after a day's work, you will want to go to sleep. Also, this will only be considered as an option, so you can disable it if you don't like it. 

Edited by VortexHauler
  • True Story 1

spacer.png

On 05/02/2018 at 9:51 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@CroTruck By that same logic, if you're not into simulation, just play another game without "Simulator" in its name. There's nothing wrong in trying to achieve the most Simulation features even in MP.

Well to be fair he is right, there are limitations to what can and cannot be added to mp, especially in a driving game. There has to be a point where the safety and consideration for other people and the carelessness that people lean towards is at the forefront, yes it would be great to have fatigue simulation, but there are far more cons than there are pros. 

For example: 

more accidents can can occur because peopleeither forget or choose to ignore the fatigue system

this leads to more reports which leads to more workfor admins who are already stretched to the limits.

furthermore, because timedoesnt stop when you quit th3 game, this can lead to desync and issues with the fatigue simulation.

due to the vast numbers of people on each server, especially in areas such as the C-D road, there isn’t enough space for everyone to stop and rest. 

Now, I’m not against having a fatigue system, but to me, it needs to be custom built from the ground up to take into account the circumstances that involve TMP. 

Personally, I think the system should include physical stops for x minutes which acts as sleeping. The penalty for not sleeping would be instant disconnection from the server until you sleep and the screen narrows instead of going completely black. If you miss a designated parking area, if you can enter a open area away from the road, you can force sleep which takes 2x longer than finding a actual parking area.

these sort of things add up to make a working system that’s fair for all and has driver safety in mind. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2018 at 3:58 PM, Loqrin said:

While the suggestion is great as it allows another factor for stopping - to rest - it does have some negative points which should be taken into consideration. Such as:

• Players who do not sleep, will have their screen fade out and as far as I remember, when you fall asleep you cannot control the wheel which, in result, will lead to people crashing into other players due to them not sleeping.
  • Chaos could possibly erupt at gas stations, particularly the small gas stations. Since there is only two sleeping slots at the small gas stations, some players would possibly fight for the spot or try to squeeze in.

First point: It is the player's responsibility to stay rested and if they do not, it is their fault and they will have to suffer the consequences, just as it is their responsibility to stay in the lane, obey right of way, not cut corners, etc.

This is a simulator after wall, not Need for Speed.

Second point: Sleeping areas should be non collision zones so it would be no more of a chaos than delivery sites.

It also fixes the empty job list.

So a solid +1 from me.

On 10/02/2018 at 9:31 PM, VortexHauler said:

Those of you who are saying:

- That this can cause accidents

-  Causes screens to go dark

You should have checked how many driving hours you have left. Think about it realistically, if you are tired after a day's work, you will want to go to sleep. Also, this will only be considered as an option, so you can disable it if you don't like it. 

The thing is, unless it’s displayed clearly, people are going to overlook it and what’s more, the fact that busy areas that attract a lot of players will mean a lot of people will be scrambling for nearby rest areas meaning not everyone will be able to rest in time. It’s a snowball effect, unless it’s carefully and methodically designed to account for most issues, it’s just going to be a absolute mess within days. 

Pits the age old issue with online games, trusting that all the players follow simple instructions without causing trouble, it’s near impossible to do, you will almost always have at least one person who decides they are better than the system, that’s all it takes and bam, you have a 3hr traffic jam because of someone tried pushing the limit too far. You can’t foresee ever issue, but you can at least design systems to accommodate as many as possible.  

• Thanks 1

@Dagsy - Most players don't even think that ETS2MP is a simulation game... The fatigue simulation could be implemented in a way that it would be disabled by default, players who want to use it would have to enable it. And be careful from that point on, of course, but those who take the simulation aspects seriously are usually careful. I agree with you that it could be tested in EU#1 at first, but this can be a little selfish, since that's the server I'm using most of the time. Setting it as an option, disabled by default, should not be a great deal, even in EU#2 server. And if someone decides to enable it just for having fun when they start dozing and they cause accidents, record, report and relax, same as with any other misbehaviour.

Many people asked at first for the speed limits to be removed. They got what they wanted and it caused thousands of collisions. Many people asked for the Scout car to be released to the players. They got what they wanted and it caused thousands of collisions. Options are not a bad thing, how people use them, that's another matter entirely.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
Correcting wrongly tagged user
  • True Story 2

+1

For the sake of realism, I support this suggestion.

It will boost a realistic gameplay experience, as it will force one to plan the journey and stops more carefully.

To be fair for all, it should be optional or only available on a certain server, as previously suggested by @FernandoCR [ESP].
If restricted to a simulation server only, it will certainly minimize its abuse (violation of break times).

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Dagsy - Most players don't even think that ETS2MP is a simulation game... The fatigue simulation could be implemented in a way that it would be disabled by default, players who want to use it would have to enable it. And be careful from that point on, of course, but those who take the simulation aspects seriously are usually careful. I agree with you that it could be tested in EU#1 at first, but this can be a little selfish, since that's the server I'm using most of the time. Setting it as an option, disabled by default, should not be a great deal, even in EU#2 server. And if someone decides to enable it just for having fun when they start dozing and they cause accidents, record, report and relax, same as with any other misbehaviour.

Many people asked at first for the speed limits to be removed. They got what they wanted and it caused thousands of collisions. Many people asked for the Scout car to be released to the players. They got what they wanted and it caused thousands of collisions. Options are not a bad thing, how people use them, that's another matter entirely.

In no way am I a condoning the idea. In face I believe it to be an amazing idea, my only worry is if troll's used it to their advantage.

17 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

The thing is, unless it’s designed, implemented, controlled and monitored properly, it’s just yet another way to ruin hours of gameplay.

even if it’s optional, who's to say trolls who want to cause wrecks in busy areas or to block entrances and exits from rest areas, who’s to say people aren’t goiing to push the limit and go too far. You talk about other things that are added/removed from TMP and the causes and effect of these decisions, but look at it like this, with the vanilla SCS fatigue simulation, after 8hrs your guy gets tired and the screen fades and you lose all input, if that’s just bone stock slapped into TMP, then trolls will avoid sleeping in busy areas, like the C-D road, so that when their driver “passes out” the fact that they have no control means that they can plot into traffic and because you can’t punish someone for either being unable to rest, I.e, because there’s no rest stops close enough enroute or they are full, trolls can get away with it, also, it’s easy for a trolls to simply block frequently used rest areas so that people cannot get in or out. It doesn’t matter what server, what rules and regulations are put in places, it won’t make a difference.

the only way a fatigue simulation in TMP will work is if it’s completely custom built from th3 ground up with features that take into account the vulnerabilities of the vanilla version. Only then can it be fair and fool proof. It’s like slapping a speed limiter on a stretch of road, still isn’t going to stop a troll from blocking or ramming, it has to be implemented in a way that is both fair for all play styles and is strict enough to make it difficult for trolls to over rule it, same applies here. 

@Dagsy I'm sorry, but I don't see how trolls would benefit from a Fatigue Simulation... By letting time go so they start dozing?? If they crash into someone else, record and report, same as if they did it without fatigue simulation, ramming is ramming, no matter if the player was sleepy or not. Like I said, if someone decides to enable the fatigue simulation, it's his duty and responsibility to rest when needed in order to NOT doze. Failing to do that is reckless driving, period. Trolls blocking the entrance to resting areas?? Say you're driving, need to sleep, arrive at the resting area you had planned and find a couple of trucks+trailers blocking the entrance: You make sure to open the chat and ask them to move, they don't, record and report, it would fall into this category:

§2.3 Blocking*

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

Someone who enables it and doesn't find a resting area or finds it full with other vehicles would have to make an emergency stop and F7+Enter, teleporting to a non-collision zone where he can't harm others and where he can sleep, no matter how crowded it is. It may be annoying, but if that player decides that it's not worth it to be hitting F7+Enter, he can always use the emergency stop to disable the fatigue (even if only temporarily) and keep driving. And if the same thing happens often, I guess that the player would simply disable it for good. Like many players decided to "disable" the C-D road because they found it too annoying from all the idiots that drive there. Or some other players decided to "disable" the EU#2 server and switch to the EU#1 server because they found that it was the only way to drive peacefully without having to avoid the main areas of the map. Options.

Trolls will always try trolling, no matter how many simulation features you enable or disable. The only thing you can disable to make trolls useless is... Guess what?... Collisions! They did that in EU#4 server and it's the least used EU server. Maybe most people are not so afraid of trolls after all...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

after 8hrs your guy gets tired and the screen fades and you lose all input, if that’s just bone stock slapped into TMP, then trolls will avoid sleeping in busy areas, like the C-D road, so that when their driver “passes out” the fact that they have no control means that they can plot into traffic and because you can’t punish someone for either being unable to rest, I.e, because there’s no rest stops close enough enroute or they are full, trolls can get away with it, also, it’s easy for a trolls to simply block frequently used rest areas so that people cannot get in or out. It doesn’t matter what server, what rules and regulations are put in places, it won’t make a difference.

What difference does it make for the other road traffic participant involved if one looses control over one's vehicle intentionally or by mistake?
It is punishable the same.

Furthermore, I strongly doubt that trolls will be able to block all frequently used rest areas.

All it takes is a starting point, a destination and a map that contains rest areas. One could take it even one step further by adding an assumed average velocity and consider the different timescales in game (inside/outside of cities in the EU and UK, etc.).
If one plans an alternative rest area for the unlikely case that the primary rest area is not accessible, one will not even come close to the dangers of falling asleep while driving.
Just because fatigue simulation strikes after 8+ hours does not mean, that one can not rest earlier.

Edited by Joao Rodrigues
  • True Story 2

15 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

What difference does it make for the other road traffic participant involved if one looses control over one's vehicle intentionally or by mistake?
It is punishable the same.

Furthermore, I strongly doubt that trolls will be able to block all frequently used rest areas.

All it takes is a starting point, a destination and a map that contains rest areas. One could take it even one step further by adding an assumed average velocity and consider the different timescales in game (inside/outside of cities in the EU and UK, etc.).
If one plans an alternative rest area for the unlikely case that the primary rest area is not accessible, one will not even come close to the dangers of falling asleep while driving.
Just because fatigue simulation strikes after 8+ hours does not mean, that one can not rest earlier.

I’m aware of that, what I’m saying, and you seem to have missed completely, is that at the current standard, it will be one more thing to have to constantly deal with, being rammed, having to reset etc etc, it’s bad enough with inexperienced drivers, trolls, lag, stupid mistakes... it’s just not worth the risk, especially if it has the potential to cause more problems than it’s worth. 

Its easy, say a troll spots the rest areas between Calais and Duisburg, it’s easy for them to block the entrance/exits and because there’s only 2 stops, one on the Calais side, the other the Duisburg side, anyone running that route who needs to sleep will be. Gridlocked. Furthermore, not everyone can or will think that far ahead, especially if you have the ugly in game GPS turned off for realism, the only time you know you’re tired is when you’re within an hour or so. 

Not everyone one is like you and plays with a plan for every eventuality and such, most of us just want to sit and drive and relax and take it as it comes, not micromanage everything. 

Besides as as far as I see it, it would be just as simple to rebuild the fatigue system for MP than it would be to try and intergrate the vanilla system and make it work without glitching out. 

And yes, you don’t have to rest every 8 hours, but unless you constant micromanage it all the time (which can be dangerous in itself because you’re not focused on the road but no one sees that flaw) it’s easy to miss rest areas and screw up rest times. 

I’m aware of that, what I’m saying, and you seem to have missed completely, is that at the current standard, it will be one more thing to have to constantly deal with, being rammed, having to reset etc etc, it’s bad enough with inexperienced drivers, trolls, lag, stupid mistakes... it’s just not worth the risk, especially if it has the potential to cause more problems than it’s worth.

According to this line of argument, TruckersMP would be well advised to not implement any new features, because they could contain risks that might not be worth the trouble.

Its easy, say a troll spots the rest areas between Calais and Duisburg, it’s easy for them to block the entrance/exits and because there’s only 2 stops, one on the Calais side, the other the Duisburg side, anyone running that route who needs to sleep will be. Gridlocked. Furthermore, not everyone can or will think that far ahead, especially if you have the ugly in game GPS turned off for realism, the only time you know you’re tired is when you’re within an hour or so. 

Not everyone one is like you and plays with a plan for every eventuality and such, most of us just want to sit and drive and relax and take it as it comes, not micromanage everything.

Even under the worst imaginable conditions, I consider the likelihood that someone takes more than eight hours to drive from Calais to Duisburg as extremely small and negligible.
The situation in and around the area of Calais and Duisburg however is infamous and well-known, and one who is of sound mind will avoid it as the plague. There are many other rest areas available that one could consider in one's planning.

Furthermore, it is news to me that one need a GPS to know when one needs to rest.
As you correctly stated, the fatigue simulation will make itself noticable about an hour before bedtime. IMHO, that is more than enough time to find an alternative rest area.

And if you seriously consider the planning of a route between a starting point and a destination as micromanagment, then you might be a candidate for autonomous driving.

Besides as as far as I see it, it would be just as simple to rebuild the fatigue system for MP than it would be to try and intergrate the vanilla system and make it work without glitching out. 

A fatigue simulation without the consequences of becoming fatigue is somehow like a doorknob without a door. Nice to have, but pretty useless.

And yes, you don’t have to rest every 8 hours, but unless you constant micromanage it all the time (which can be dangerous in itself because you’re not focused on the road but no one sees that flaw) it’s easy to miss rest areas and screw up rest times. 

Why do you consider it as so difficult to drive relaxed at least for 7 hours? As mentioned earlier, the fatigue simulation will make itself noticable, for example by a notice or a yawning sound. Then you still have an hour left to find a place to rest. No need to constantly stare at a watch or a map.

+1 I think if it would be added and you can decide to use it/not, just the people who really want to drive realistic and to use it, use it. And in that case they have to be aware that they will make accidents if they don't sleep. 

So if you can decide to use it/not I think it would be a great idea, as some before me said, also for the one who can't see their jobs.

:check:

• True Story 1

This would be quite good but then again it would't be good on MP. If you haven't slept in ages you start to doze and makes your screen go black for about 5 seconds because of lack of sleep. So In multiplayer if that happens to someone there could quite possibly a crash.

@Joao Rodrigues not everyone is you, not everyone thinks like you, not everyone behaves like you, it’s that simple, just because YOU as an individual person feel that there’s nothing wrong and that they should avoid Calais Duisburg like the proverbial plague, that does NOT mean every single member of this community instantly shares your personal facts and fictions. 

Also, I don’t know if it’s a language barrier, a translation issue or what but it seems to me that you don’t understand 90% of what I’m saying. In terms of rebuilding the fatigue system, I’m not saying “let’s make it so you don’t get fatigued”, I’m saying let’s make a fatigue system that works with the structure and restictions within mp, from my standpoint, if thevanilla system is just slapped into mp, you’ll have it bug out if you don’t play consecutively, like the job market, because we all know time doesn’t stop in mp so your driver will be “driving” even when you’re offline because the server still progresses. Trolls can simply not sleep, cause a wreck and because there’s nothing to record whether or not a player has rested, it can’t be deemed a purposeful act because there’s no evidence, Trolls can easily find out which rest areas are used the most and block them off... it’s more off a hinderance than a help. 

You do do realise how far apart rest areas are, also, if that stupid yawn is put in, I’m never enabling fatigue simulation because that is obnoxious. But more importantly, if you’re in Sp it’s easy to just rest, but online, if you’re on any busy route, chances will be you won’t be able to get into rest. 

Anyway, if you respond to this at least have the decency to not so disrespectful saying anyone who does decide to drive through the C-D road is essentially “of non sound mind” which essentially means you are calling people idiots or mad in a nasty way which is disrespectful and could be reported, furthermore, saying I’m “a candidate for autonomous driving” is extremely offensive in my book, especially as you don’t know me, you have never seen me drive and are just basing your opinions n what you think is politically correct which is highly dangerous and can land you in trouble, be thankful I don’t report you for saying these types of things. Now, if you can’t be nice to fellow human beings, don’t speak. 

^^The above comments, something I want to say. 

Game, we know it's a simulator game. although we want to play realistic, we also know that it is a game. For this reason, let us interpret this as a comparison.

In your real life, you are on the road with your car. you are tired. It feels your own body. Because it is a real tiredness. you can go and park your car at a convenient location.

In the game, you are on the road with your car. you are not tired. but the man in the game was tired. you can pass it because you do not feel it. (I know it is activated optionally). Are you in a convoy? You have no opportunity to deactivate. Or maybe you really forgot it because you do not feel it in real life. The screen was black for 5 seconds. To do a business, you are banned. what are you going to do here?  ( I guess most players will come to the forum. I am banned. remove my ban. these posts will increase.)

I never said this was a bad thing. I do not think you're eligible for the MP. Maybe only for the EU1 server.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

@Joao Rodrigues not everyone is you, not everyone thinks like you, not everyone behaves like you, it’s that simple, just because YOU as an individual person feel that there’s nothing wrong and that they should avoid Calais Duisburg like the proverbial plague, that does NOT mean every single member of this community instantly shares your personal facts and fictions.

So...?
The simple fact that I state my opinion does not mean that everybody has to agree to it.
If you have not noticed by now, the forum is a place to exchange opinions. And they are valid even if they differ from yours.

Also, I don’t know if it’s a language barrier, a translation issue or what but it seems to me that you don’t understand 90% of what I’m saying. In terms of rebuilding the fatigue system, I’m not saying “let’s make it so you don’t get fatigued”, I’m saying let’s make a fatigue system that works with the structure and restictions within mp, from my standpoint, if thevanilla system is just slapped into mp, you’ll have it bug out if you don’t play consecutively, like the job market, because we all know time doesn’t stop in mp so your driver will be “driving” even when you’re offline because the server still progresses. Trolls can simply not sleep, cause a wreck and because there’s nothing to record whether or not a player has rested, it can’t be deemed a purposeful act because there’s no evidence, Trolls can easily find out which rest areas are used the most and block them off... it’s more off a hinderance than a help.

That only means that one will be tired after login and needs to rest. By that, everybody starts a journey rested and by that minimizes the danger of falling asleep soon again.
That does not sound too difficult to me. Especially if one has parked one's vehicle in a rest area. At the same time, this could also solve the problem of spawning in unsafe areas.

Firstly, a report will not be accepted without conclusive evidence.
The evidence however does not need to explain the reason why one lost control of one's vehicle. It can hardly be proven anyway that it happened because one fell asleep, or because the periphery failed, or because it was an intentionally violation.
All of that is a matter of the secondary step, the ban appeal.

The main fact however remains that a rule has been violated (for whatever reason). And that is punishable.

You do do realise how far apart rest areas are, also, if that stupid yawn is put in, I’m never enabling fatigue simulation because that is obnoxious. But more importantly, if you’re in Sp it’s easy to just rest, but online, if you’re on any busy route, chances will be you won’t be able to get into rest.

Do you realize that it has been mentioned before to implement the fatigue simulation as an option? That means, you are not forced to use it.
Again, how busy a route can be that it will take one more that 8 hours to find a rest area (which can be located directly on highways but also in every city)?

Anyway, if you respond to this at least have the decency to not so disrespectful saying anyone who does decide to drive through the C-D road is essentially “of non sound mind” which essentially means you are calling people idiots or mad in a nasty way which is disrespectful and could be reported, furthermore, saying I’m “a candidate for autonomous driving” is extremely offensive in my book, especially as you don’t know me, you have never seen me drive and are just basing your opinions n what you think is politically correct which is highly dangerous and can land you in trouble, be thankful I don’t report you for saying these types of things. Now, if you can’t be nice to fellow human beings, don’t speak. 

You are perfectly entitled to report me if you believe that I violated the rules.

I however considered you smart enough to understand my comment as an exaggerated example.

It would go beyond the scope of this thread to explain the conditional to you now. My statement however was clearly hypothetical, indicated by the words "if" and "might be", so there can be no talk of an insult or offence.

Again for you: I find it difficult to understand and explain, why one would expose oneself (here: one's truck and/ or cargo) intentionally and willfully in danger and complain about it afterwards.

• Upvote 2

As an optional feature it does not bother me.

However, as the clock will not move forward while one sleep, it is not interesting to have that feature on for the sake of "simulation".

In the singleplayer you can control the rest breaks you have to maximize the delivery time and arrive earlier as possible. In the multiplayer, this feature is fairly useless as the clock will not change.

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

12 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

So...?
The simple fact that I state my opinion does not mean that everybody has to agree to it.
If you have not noticed by now, the forum is a place to exchange opinions. And they are valid even if they differ from yours.

That only means that one will be tired after login and needs to rest. By that, everybody starts a journey rested and by that minimizes the danger of falling asleep soon again.
That does not sound too difficult to me. Especially if one has parked one's vehicle in a rest area. At the same time, this could also solve the problem of spawning in unsafe areas.

Firstly, a report will not be accepted without conclusive evidence.
The evidence however does not need to explain the reason why one lost control of one's vehicle. It can hardly be proven anyway that it happened because one fell asleep, or because the periphery failed, or because it was an intentionally violation.
All of that is a matter of the secondary step, the ban appeal.

The main fact however remains that a rule has been violated (for whatever reason). And that is punishable.

Do you realize that it has been mentioned before to implement the fatigue simulation as an option? That means, you are not forced to use it.
Again, how busy a route can be that it will take one more that 8 hours to find a rest area (which can be located directly on highways but also in every city)?

You are perfectly entitled to report me if you believe that I violated the rules.

I however considered you smart enough to understand my comment as an exaggerated example.

It would go beyond the scope of this thread to explain the conditional to you now. My statement however was clearly hypothetical, indicated by the words "if" and "might be", so there can be no talk of an insult or offence.

Again for you: I find it difficult to understand and explain, why one would expose oneself (here: one's truck and/ or cargo) intentionally and willfully in danger and complain about it afterwards.

Ignoring first comment.

That’s IF you spawn in a rest area, most of us don’t because they get extremely crowded as is, imagine going to popular cities that people drive to, imagine trying to get into a repair shop when people use it to spawn and rest, it’ll be gridlock like the Duisburg and Rotterdam and Calais. It’s like forcing everyone who joins to start inside a owned garage, it’s just one more way to gridlock cities, increase lag and have more people heading the same direction which adds to the percentage of potential accidents. It’s far better to spread people out across cities than it is to say, okay spawn in a rest point because everyone naturally gravitates towards the nearest to their drop off point. If you said, okay only a max of 15 per rest area and you can force sleep if you are near a rest point and are out of traffic flow, then problem solved. 

So by that definition, anyone who overtakes, anyone who goes faster than another player who is going the exact speed limiter, they can be instantly banned and have to constantly record every second on the server to then prove their innocence. That’s dumb. That’s like a cop irl giving you a fine for doing 1 mph over the speed limit. Technically you broke the rules and by your definition, are liable to be punished. 

No no one really takes into account the fact that most issues can be simply coded out server side to avoid complications, false reports, false bans etc etc etc etc... take someone hitting someone because they fell asleep at the wheel, yo7 can easily code in so that the server logs each players fatigue level and resets that number whenever they stop and rest, that way, admins can then see if a player has not stopped to rest and is fatigued, then they can review the recorded server footage from that player to see if they ignored the warnings and any rest areas prior to the incident and whether other factors were to blame.that makes the system fair and actually deals with those breaking the rules instead of everyone being guilty until proven innocent which is backwards to how it should be.

its quite simple, say you end the last session at half fatigue and park inside the company NC, the next session you jump in, grab a load and head out, you only have half the time to rest. It’s easy to say, “oh you should plan this, plan that, get into the routine of this...”, but we are all human, not machines, not ssds and hard drives that instantly know what to do every time and ignore outside stimulation. You always have to take into account and design for people who may have different styles and ways of doing things compared to yourself. Also, as another person here said, it’s easy to say, oh you should plan to do this, irl, that’s fine, take fatigue, irl you feel it and can take action to prevent anything from happening, in the virtual world you are physically disconnected meaning you don’t feel the effects and are less able to prevent them from leading to a bad outcome. Take things like convoys, unless every single member of the convoy rests at the exactly the same time and is driving to the exact same destination, you’re going to have an issue because people will be needing to rest while in convoy and if their driver falls asleep mid convoy.... 

Ultimately context is everything, saying someone might be a candidate for something is like saying to someone, hey I think you should be doing this or getting this, and saying to someone who you don’t even know that they are a potential candidate for something without any context or evidence is disrespectful because you don’t know that person and the way they operate. 

Its simple, always remember this rule, treat others how you wish to be treated, so if you like disrespecting people and giving your personal outlook on someone on a personal or otherwise unknown level, then expect it receive the same thing in return and if you don’t like it, don’t do it. 

Imagine if this was real life and you were discussing something with someone you don’t really know anything about and then you come out with a comment like you dis, “you might be a candidate for autonomous driving”, especially when the conversation is NOT about personal driving skills/levels/ailments, you might want to have emergency services on speed dial because people will take offence to what you are saying.

Also, everyone has their own goals, their own decisions and plans, they may not be to your specification, but then again, they are nothing to do with you, so if someone wants to just go from A-B without planning for every eventuality, so what? It’s a game, if people want to complain about it, that’s their right to do so, whether you like it or not, that’s life and if you can’t accept that, then you will have a tough time because that’s how the cookie crumbles.