Allow fatigue simulation

On 2/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, KGT I Rootyyy I Driver said:

This could cause a lot of unnecessary accidents, from people's screens going dark.

Why does everyone assume that you have no choice but to do it exactly the same way the game does it and just give up?

So don't let the fatigue get high enough to cause your screen to go dark. Stop it from rising at that point. This would allow me to have the game's fatigue tracking to tell me when I should sleep without causing any problems to anyone else around me. What is wrong with that?

While it would be nice for simulation purposes, unfortunately, like others have said I see this just causing more accidents, and giving people an excuse. The only way I can see this working if is they were kicked from the server just before the screen would go black, if that could be done I don't see why there would be any issue with it.

• 5 months later...

You would need a few things in place. Decent parking without collisions is an important one. I like the idea but... this is the case of "sounds good but doesnt work"

This could be implemented with adjustments.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than simulation of fatigue, why not suggest for simulation of truth the server Europe 1, totally simulated, I suggest that TruckesMP team that elaborates a system of punctuation like a Qualification with a limit of points, for traffic infractions like Traffic lights, and add traffic (Ai) in case accidents crash in their score spirando it is impossible to return to the server until the same pass a period of absence, and curb the actual consumption of the game, and classification of the drivers to use trucks with engines but strong and start with lower cylindres, if you have penalty go lower the possibility of using larger trucks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@FlamingTree 1) Easy to check that it isn't. Pick a job in SP and see how much time advances in, say, 10 minutes real time. Then do the same thing in MP, same conditions (driving on open roads).

2) Yes you can. But with fatigue simulation enabled in SP, you HAVE TO stop and sleep before finishing a long enough job, in MP... You can do several without needing to sleep. Time advancing techniques, like teleporting, ferry travelling, etc. will fill the fatigue counter, but it doesn't fill by simply driving, you can drive for hours (real time) without any fatigue showing. 99% sure about this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not think of most of the possible accidents. when the player wants to use it, If forget it? it can cause an accident. That is why he is punished. and player is comes here open the topic for unjustly ban, wrongly ban and remove the ban saying, as the posts will come more and more.
yes this setting may be optional. When this is done, said come to the accident.

Good idea. but -1 because I think the accidents will increase. you should know that I respect your suggest.

Илиян Каменов 

I like the idea. I realize it can increase accidents rate but that doesn't mean it WILL. The main problem in fatigue lies in SCS approach to a hud. Your sleep deprivation is signaled by bed. Fine I get that.

Here is the tricky part - the blue color slowly rise on the bed. Now this is the confusing part - for many players including me found that really confusing. And suddenly I hear gasps and blackouts and

I have no clue on what is going on. So my opinion on this matter is no unless SCS or modders or truckersmp solve this issue. I like the fatigue system it makes sense but is represented in poor

fashion. Said that I don't think it will greatly increase accident rate, and I don't think people can use it as excuse (since team can put rules something like: Take fatigue simulation into account -

your blackouts doesn't not excuse negligent accidents on your part) something like that.

• 1 month later...

+1/2

I partially agree, personally, I stop driving when I am fatigued and disconnect for this server, but it seems to me one more point to realism. Since it would force players not to drive in a "linear" way if they are forced to park and rest, in addition to giving the environment a little more realism by seeing the most active rest stations.

RR 6599

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

I like this idea and I cannot understand people say "no, because there could be more accidents". It is the same with people ignoring the speed limits in curves or ignoring traffic lights and crash into something / someone else. You can always decide to ignore the guidelines given by the game. But then it is your own fault and it should also be punished like someone who ignored the traffic light and rammed someone.

Furthermore I read, that the TMP staff should then do all parking areas as "no collision zones". But why? At the moment there are also people, for example VTCs driving in convoys, stopping at gas stations / puplic parking areas without crashing into each other. This is in my opinion a question of personal behaviour and I don't think 100 people need to take a rest at exact the same time at the same spot.

In my opinion this idea will encourage more people interacting with each other and support the realism of the game.

• Like 1

Absolutely not a good idea, I can already imagine the amount of problems that will happen already.

If your character sleeps on the wheel from fatigue not allowing you to see or control your vehicle while driving, this will spike up the rate of players that would get punished for either 'reckless driving' or 'intentional ramming'.

There is a big reason why:

Your character sleeps while driving around then giving you a blank screen for a given time, your truck goes onto the the oncoming lane then seconds later you end up crashing into a player or you we're caught recklessly driving that led you to fail maintaining your lane which then would either cause you to either crash into someone or cutting them off in the left or right lane next to them.

Now if you we're recording at the time from what I have said above and you got banned but you have evidence to appeal with, your appeal would probably get denied because your excuse was that you slept in the game which obviously means that you failed to pull over to take a rest.

From my point of view is that if this suggestion does get accepted I will be shocked honestly, not that I want it to be or not, the fact is that if at least 25% of all players especially the new players or those who do not take care or warning have this new setting on for multiplayer well I can already tell players are gonna be crashing to others a lot, I understand this is a point of realism, however for those who drive realistically may not have a problem with this they may have the setting on or not, but I will say that kids driving on the road will not have a clue why they keep getting a blank screen there fore they will eventually crash into someone and they get banned.

Since the suggestion will be a setting, will this setting be turned on by default? because I am pretty sure in single player it is already on, if you give a player enough time without noticing the setting or they just want it on and they come on to multiplayer on the simulation server, you know what will happen to them.

It is an interesting suggestion, I think it will bring some more realism in multiplayer but it will definitely also bring in more reports from players affected by the event of fatigue.

Personally i think this would be a welcome addition, the only requirements would be the addition of more NCZ at gas stations.
In regards to the falling asleep, i dont see why it wouldnt be punishable? you have the ability to disable it, and im "assuming" its possible to have you spawn in for the first time with it automatically disabled.

im down for more realism.