Allow fatigue simulation

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really agree with this one as this could problems like when people are driving and there screen goes black which if this happened on a busy day on C-D could cause chaos with people unable to control there trucks. Also if someone got reported for ramming or reckless driving how would the GM know if his/her screen was black and they couldn't see anyone unless they added a feature that say's in the report. 

So yeah this would be more realistic but i could see it causing too many problems to make it useful. 

• 2 weeks later...

The reason fatigue simulation works weirdly at the moment I believe is due to how time is managed on the game / server. Technically time still "passes" on the server when you disconnect (hence why you can't come back to a job the next IRL day and continue - it'll have expired), which I believe (I may be wrong) is why fatigue is weird now. It's not what the game is used to so the fatigue goes up at weird rates. I would fully support a change which modified the fatigue and made it work equivalent to singleplayer so you could also use it in MP. 

For those of you saying "what if you get a black screen and fall asleep" or "some people don't like having to sleep" - you can just turn it off... Fatigue simulation is an option in the Gameplay settings, so if you were concerned about dozing at the wheel or having to stop to sleep all the time then there's nothing from stopping you turning it off. It would be quite nice for those who want it on, though. I do however understand the downside; you will always get careless people who will not sleep deliberately and then just drive on C-D to cause problems, so this is one possible argument against better supporting fatigue simulation.

Additionally if this was ever introduced I'm almost certain that it would be included in the rules that loss of control caused by dozing is not an excuse and that you should either turn it off or make sure you sleep often enough; it is your responsibility to manage your fatigue. This would make life easier for Report & Game Moderation staff.

I would be heavily against the introduction of the Fatigue system within the Multiplayer platform, for a number of reasons.

Job Timing

The different time system employed by TMP versus the Singleplayer version is already liable to causing issues, particularly with those trying to use the quick-job system. To introduce the fatigue system which would require sleeping, many more issues would come of this, from jobs being marked late, to the fatigue system periodically bugging out, where your driver would always be tired.

Accidents

I think this goes without saying, but more accidents will come from such a system, and in places like C-D, or any other busy area, the collision rate is already substantially high. This is needless.

Misconduct Liability

This somewhat ties into the Accidents, but more specifically tackles the liability of players who use a fatigue system.

Have a look at this snippet from the TMP rules:

§1.1 - Account and Equipment

[...]

You are also responsible for the equipment used while driving on TruckersMP. This includes but is not limited to the safe use and maintenance of keyboards, game controllers, mice, steering wheels and similar.

This rule essentially says that faulty hardware does not exonerate players from instances of poor driving. That is to say that somebody using a wireless controller will still be liable for disciplinary action if their controller runs out of battery and they cause a head-on collision.

Are we then going to introduce a rule saying that those who crash on the basis that they had fatigue mode on are also liable to the same disciplinary action for using a feature offered to them by the MP platform? That would be absurd.

If we did allow people to have fatigue crashes, it would become impossible to moderate. How does a Game Moderator know if THIS is reckless driving or the fatigue system? It would cause moderation inconsistency, guessing, more crashes, more administrative paperwork, more headaches, and provide absolutely no degree of immersion.

Do not introduce a fatigue system. Please.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

I do support his suggestion. Yes, it would likely cause accidents etc, but this is simulation. Game should get some "police officers" to catch criminals/bad drivers. Also, game could monitor your fatigue. What I want to say is if you get certain amount of warning for not sleeping or cause/participate in accident because of it, you should be penalized.  

I  think i  have  a pretty  good  solution. When the driver loses control  of  the steering wheel just put  them  in ghost mode that  way  their truck  still  gets  damaged. That way  the  player  has  a  consequence  for skipping his/her snooze  and noone  else  has to  suffer  for their mistake. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TFM_Flaming said:

This would add realism, however this would cause alot of accidents, and who would be held liable? The person for not sleeping, or could the accident be ruled "accidental" and not have any punishment applied?

Do not forget that the simulation of fatigue can be turned off. It’s not a fact that all players will ride with the included fatigue simulation if they introduce a certain punishment for it.

unfortunately as nice as it is to push for the road to simulation, the fatigue simulation is however a step too far as when your character has a drowsy moment your screen darkens and during this time you can not see what you are doing or for that matter where you are going and so puts you at hightenned risk of a crash and therefore A BAN if you hit another player.

Therefore from me, its a big NO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel that this would be a cool addition, reading a handful of posts people seem to think that it would be forced on all players, but I feel if it gets implemented then it should be an opt-in setting like in the base game (As the suggestion states). It would add a lot more realism to the game if people so chose to use it. I am a fan of the fatigue system as it makes it so you need to stop every once in a while and it's not just straight driving the whole time.

It could cause a few more truck crashes here and there, but all in all, I cant see it being much more. As I feel the people that opt-in would take it (mostly) seriously and would get to a rest stop before it gets to the point of the screen effects and not being able to control your vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...