Allow fatigue simulation

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@iHobbit Who said anything about forcing it on users? It's the opposite, since the beginning it has been said that the fatigue should be an option and disabled by default. Users who wanted to use it would need to enable it.

I must have misread this somewhere, however, isn't this already a feature. its a part of the main game that you can toggle. Last time I checked it worked? Unless a recent update has turned off fatigue.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

@iHobbit It works in SP, but not in MP. IIRC, it was disabled because in the base game, fatigue simulation is enabled by default, so it could led to people's drivers going sleepy and their screens going black while driving. The suggestion is (I think) about changing the default setting to disabled and then making it work again. Most players don't care about simulation, their fatigue setting would be disabled, those who care and want to have that extra planning, having to stop and rest after some time on the roads would have to change the setting to "enabled".

Just now, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@iHobbit It works in SP, but not in MP. IIRC, it was disabled because in the base game, fatigue simulation is enabled by default, so it could led to people's drivers going sleepy and their screens going black while driving. The suggestion is (I think) about changing the default setting to disabled and then making it work again. Most players don't care about simulation, their fatigue setting would be disabled, those who care and want to have that extra planning, having to stop and rest after some time on the roads would have to change the setting to "enabled".

Which is why, if this becomes a thing, it should stick to the main simulation server, one.

Only for simulation servers. I still would pefer the idea that people can choose between using it or not. I'm not a huge fan of that fatigue simulation myself. :)

This still works in multiplayer, it just takes longer to take effect, single player takes a little bit of time, multiplayer for some reason takes a few hours for it to start taking effect.

At least, I swear during some of my 10+ hour days that it goes up unless its just jedi mind tricks.

Edited by MikeOG

9 hours ago, MikeOG said:

This still works in multiplayer, it just takes longer to take effect, single player takes a little bit of time, multiplayer for some reason takes a few hours for it to start taking effect.

At least, I swear during some of my 10+ hour days that it goes up unless its just jedi mind tricks.

I think you're right, but only when you use any of the "quick advancing time" methods, such as teleporting, using ferries or cancelling jobs. And even then, it's barely noticeable. My guess is that this is because time runs a lot slower in MP than in SP, so the player needs a lot more real time to "move" the in-game time. But in SP, there's no way you can drive for a couple hours (RL) without having to stop and rest. In MP, you can drive a 6 hours session (my longest one so far) and no need to rest. Maybe the suggestion should change to "make the fatigue simulation more similar to the one in SP"? Of course, keeping the part about: As an option and disabled by default.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with the concern of screens going dark. In ATS, you will actually doze off, and the game blocks out all input, which would result in collisions. This is a bad idea. ETS2, I'm not sure if it does that now, but it will dim the screen.

If fatigue can be functional, but without any of the side effects, like dimming the screen or dozing off, this would be fine. Because very frequently, I find my freight market empty, and I have no idea how to reset it. I'm sure a lot of people are the same, no clue how to fix that, other than going to single player, forcing sleep, then going back to multi. That's a waste of time.
Teleporting I hear might fix the freight market manifest? I do not know of this, but if it works, then perhaps an easier solution is to publicize this. But I would definitely like to be able to go to a rest point, and sleep in multiplayer. That would help with the freight market issue, which I think is one of the main reasons for this to be suggested. But for safety in multiplayer, all other features like dozing or dimmed vision should be disabled.

@BadWolf1 Teleporting works usually to reset the market. And it's the only thing that will make the fatigue increase in MP, if you teleport several times, like from a home office to another one, to the repair station, using ferries, etc. you will see that the fatigue indicator (the small bed icon) starts filling in blue. That will let you rest again, for 3 times, before receiving the message that "you are not tired". But the suggestion to add this feature was aimed to let it be an option, so it would not be forced on every players' settings, but only available to those who decide to enable it. This way, there would be no valid excuses about "my screen went black", the players who enable it should be careful to rest before reaching that point and would be held accountable if they aren't and cause an accident.

Guest GЯΞУHOUИD

Hello there;
consider that too many people are staying at D-C Park locations. this time they can experience parking troubles. this time the D - C way will be more complicated. such as waiting on the side of the road for the park. the idea is nice, but extra commands may be needed. and may force the server. ( : 

good idea but, my need improvement. not need creating chaos in. ^^ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the accidents are caused because of human factor.  It doesn't matter the specific cause. People take risks while driving in and out of this game. There had been in-game accidents because of distractions, and it can also be because of this simulation. I mean, which is the difference between being reckless by using your phone or by having this option enabled and not resting? It doesn't matter as long as it is punished. There is no reason to say "no" to this.
+1

I would personally love to have this feature available. It feels like an entire section of the simulation in this game is missing without it. It's also sad that it makes several things in the game difficult to get working because they were designed to work with the sleep feature. The idea that this will cause a lot more accidents feels like an assumption not really based on any experience. Just disable it by default and track users that behave badly with it (keep driving into exhaustion multiple times or perhaps at all). I love the time management that this requires of the player as well.

+1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...