Allow fatigue simulation

• 3 weeks later...

I can not think of most of the possible accidents. when the player wants to use it, If forget it? it can cause an accident. That is why he is punished. and player is comes here open the topic for unjustly ban, wrongly ban and remove the ban saying, as the posts will come more and more.
yes this setting may be optional. When this is done, said come to the accident.

Good idea. but -1 because I think the accidents will increase. you should know that I respect your suggest.

While the suggestion is great as it allows another factor for stopping - to rest - it does have some negative points which should be taken into consideration. Such as:

• Players who do not sleep, will have their screen fade out and as far as I remember, when you fall asleep you cannot control the wheel which, in result, will lead to people crashing into other players due to them not sleeping.
  • Chaos could possibly erupt at gas stations, particularly the small gas stations. Since there is only two sleeping slots at the small gas stations, some players would possibly fight for the spot or try to squeeze in.

However, these negative points can be solved such as by simply adding a kick system where if the player is extremely tired, to the point where their screen fades out and they cannot control the wheel of the truck and they do not seek a rest stop in the next few minutes, they'll be kicked. Another solution can be to add non-collision zones to the small gas stations only, however, that can ruin some of the experience that some seek (such as the risk/challenge of not getting one's truck damaged by another and not hitting another player's truck).

Other than those two negative points that I can think of, I do like the suggestion and wouldn't mind it being added to the MP.

Edited by Loqrin
  • Upvote 4

I think if the drivers do not sleep and it causes an accident, that shows some realism of what would happen in real life if you fell asleep behind the wheel, and consequences would happen in game, yes. But in real life too ;) But for those who don't want sleep must disable it. The great thing is time is slowed down in the multiplayer so we wouldn't have to sleep nearly as often as the singleplayer gameplay. 

• True Story 3

1 hour ago, 1971ElCaminoSS [USA] said:

I think if the drivers do not sleep and it causes an accident, that shows some realism of what would happen in real life if you fell asleep behind the wheel, and consequences would happen in game, yes. But in real life too ;) But for those who don't want sleep must disable it. The great thing is time is slowed down in the multiplayer so we wouldn't have to sleep nearly as often as the singleplayer gameplay. 

Or, have it the other way around. By default, the fatigue simulation could be disabled and if you do want it, you can enable it in the tab menu under settings. Definitely a way to pin down abuse and it satisfies both parties (those who hate it and those who love it).

I think this will be perfect for realistic drivers like me on EU#1. Implementing this feature will cause drivers to plan their routes properly, since not all gas stations will always have a space. This is quite realistic like in real life, as you don't always see gas stations have space especially during night time. Moreover, people will also remember strategically which gas stations are large or small,  which can have an impact on which gas station they would want to rest in the future. In terms of accidents, ah well, its good to make sure you check how many driving hours you have left. I believe adding a kick system could be quite useful as drivers aren't supposed to drive over their driving hours. Rushing for a space? Next time remember which gas stations are large or small on your route and don't just rush in like you are some form of tank or a buffalo. That only just leads to more chaos.  

Edited by VortexHauler
  • Upvote 4

spacer.png

I like this idea, specially for ATS due to there being larger areas for sleeping like the service stations, and motels (which may need to have NCZs created for them) and truck dealerships. it saves money for the driver by having to do F7 & enter, or traveling to an owned garage when trying to convoy with friends who do not have a garage in the same city as you. I also agree that there should be an auto kick 10 min after your sleep timer has ended, since even SCS built in a buffer for finding a rest stop.

• Upvote 2

@FernandoCR [ESP] Maybe you are right. Even in MP we may need to use the full feature of Simulation. but does the MP environment suitable it? Right thing in places that are not crowded. you can understand real fatigue. But we can forget about it in game. Therefore possible accidents subject. However they can apply it to other servers. we know that EU2 in particular is not suitable.

• Upvote 2

@Carrera18 The Fatigue Simulation is an option, you can disable it even in SP. It would be the same in MP, people who want it would enable it, people who don't want it would keep it disabled. Obviously, people who decide to enable it should be careful to plan their trips, keeping in mind that at some time they'll need a "sleep stop". Those who aren't and cause and accident would be just treated as "reckless driving". Right now, even with the fatigue simulation not working, anyone can start playing while being sleepy and cause an accident because of a distraction or their heads "going down", and if they crash into others, they can be reported an banned. Same as if someone decides to play after having a party and drives being drunk. There are no rules against that, but those who do it are more likely to be involved in accidents and they won't be banned for playing drunk, but for ramming others. EU#2 can be the GTA version of ETS2MP for a lot of players, but there are a lot others that prefer playing in this server trying to keep the simulation aspects of the game. Being an option, I don't see why the fatigue simulation should be left out of any servers.

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@FernandoCR [ESP] I am one of those who want to play this game with realism. I do not say it is not allowed.  In real life, when you get tired you feel it. During the game, when I use this feature, I can forget it. When I make an accident, is this the right decision?

I do not see it necessary because it is really a situation that can not be felt. EU2 is a crowded server. there will be no opportunity to use it. but I would like to use it. I do not say it will not be completely. But these situations should not be ignored. They come here, unfair ban, remove the my ban, such post will begin. I think this should be evaluated on some servers.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@CroTruck By that same logic, if you're not into simulation, just play another game without "Simulator" in its name. There's nothing wrong in trying to achieve the most Simulation features even in MP.

How is it a simulation experience in Mp ? People going 120kmh , ramming , flipping ? That is simulation.. You nailed it .... 

52 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@CroTruck It's not about how others play the game in MP, it's about how you decide to play it. I always try to play in a simulation mode, following the speed limits, the traffic rules, etc. and I don't care if there are people who think this is GTA with trucks, as long as they don't interfere with my game.

You dont need fatigue simulation then . Do 11 hrs ingame (one day) of driving then stop . 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, CroTruck said:

You dont need fatigue simulation then . Do 11 hrs ingame (one day) of driving then stop . 

the ideal reason for this would also allow you to reset the economy with out having to, jump between garages, pressing f7+enter, or resetting the economy via the files, which would be the same as jumping between garages since it moves you to your home garage. and in the states it would be 10hrs, not ATS's 14hrs.

• Like 1