Downvote emoji

Leon Baker

The idea is fine,
But like any good idea has its bad side.

The bad thing about this idea would be to abuse the emoji even being a very useful publication will give "Downvote" this is not a solution is a problem.

And I think that the community does not want to deal with these problems when it has been solved for a long time.

I agree with this, but it should NOT affect the reputation count.  Either a downvote or a facepalm reaction.  Because many a times you want to downvote something but can't

Here is what I think:

IF the downvote suggestion is accepted and it decreases the user's actual reputation it will be abused and people who hold grudges will abuse it so -1 for that.

However, if it is introduced so that it doesn't remove a user's reputation then I wouldn't mind it as people can show disagreement towards posts, so +1 for that

We should first ask ourselves, if we want to extend the forum in a way that it becomes even more similar to other social networks like Facebook, Flickr, Instagram and the like.

I think that a communication solely or mainly based on the usage of expressions also contains the risk that a lively discussion will not or to a limited extend take place anymore. I for one usually prefer to explain why I do not agree with the content of a post. It gives the OP a feedback and the chance to understand the reason of a disagreement.

Also, I would like to point out that a downvote button is not equally to a dislike button.

The former expresses one's disagreement e.g. on a suggestion, the latter expresses one's displease or offence.

• Upvote 1

I personally like this idea as long as it does not effect to the reputation counter. 

This downvote feature could be abused, if it effect to the reputation counter.

So +1 if it does not effect to the counter and -1 if it does effect to the counter.

Also I read, that it was already here and got removed, because of abuse.

No, this function was purposely removed from the forums because it led, amongst other, to depressive feelings or hatred towards other users. The downvote function was used a few years ago, however, I could not experience that myself but I can tell you from second-hand opinions that it did not work out as intended. Since TruckersMP wants to ensure equal treatment for everybody without any negative attitudes or discrimination, having a dislike button would encourage that kind of unwanted behaviour if more than a few people decide to purposely downvote a certain users' replies. Additionally, it would be much more work for Moderators as they will then have to ensure that this downvote function is not abused, as stated above.

Why allow downvoting when it doesn't promote anything? If a comment is negative or abusive or anything of the sort, you can now just report it instead and the moderators will do what we can in order to deal with the negative post. If people have good posts, you can upvote them, if you disagree with a post, just don't vote on it at all, if you find a post to be made in an offending nature you can report it. The system is here to promote the positive and constructive conversations and not aiming towards a potential popularity contest where you can get a group of people to downvote something just because you disagree with it.

• Like 1

UsDxWIH.png

Is that still here? Downvote emoji was already used on forum but it was abused by some users so,it's removed.As you said if this emoji will not give rep point (just like confused) can be added. +1

Voting is nice but someone can hate someone and it takes a lot of minus.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.