Downvote emoji

Leon Baker

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, NexooYT said:

Hmmm, from one side this is good, you can really vote what you think.

Bad side is: Someone can hate someone and he gets a lot of minus reputations.

And on the other hand, if someone likes a suggestion or likes a player, one could get a lot of positive reputation... oh wait - that is already possible! ;)

The downvote feature has been removed ages ago because of abuse iirc.

I highly doubt that it will be enable again for the same reason.

And tbh, there's no need for a downvote reaction.

If someone doesn't like another member, he can easily downvote all his content everyday, which will remove -10 Reps/day to the said member.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 3

For people who think that this must be rejected, think about the reason why I'm asking to add it.

First of all I want it because sometimes I dont agree with people in suggestions section, so I cant use any of emojies, in this way Downvote is best way and if someone is going to downvote everything, it wont change anything (if you won't add -1 rep for this emoji).

Also, If you don't want to give -1 rep for Downvote, maybe give 0 reps? I mean change nothing for rep. If I have 800 and someone Downvote, I will still have 800.

As you can see here in another forum how the discussion goes and they already have a downvote system with the ability to remove reps enabled.  

It will be abused again, despite the "pro" of being able to react with the usage of a downvote for a disagreement regarding a suggestion. 

To be very honest, if you don't agree with a suggestion, then simply ignore it especially when you have nothing productive to say or add or the reasons you have are already mentioned. In which case, then you should be upvoting the person who said those reasons instead of thinking of downvoting the suggestion. That way our staff can see where the upvotes go into, whether the suggestion or the criticism

Goes to show how many here are already abusing the system or refusing to give people the proper rep they deserve and or creating useless -1/+1 posts just because they claim "not to know" the person or just simply don't want to give the rep away or for the purpose of a post farmIf you reach your limit of reps, then wait for the next day to begin giving them out again.

For the reasons given above, I strongly am against this suggestion + you failed to use the search function - which is you failing to meet our forum requirements as well so.. *shrugs*

Kind regards,

Caricature

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

If people abuse this simple vote helping tool, means there is something wrong with them. So if we agree we can upvote, but if we disagree we need to write a comment, how is a comment -1 any different from downvote?
If possible add it only to suggestion section of the forum where it can be most useful.

Edited by Batslav

Forum and YouTube are different things but on youtube we have like/dislike. If we want, we can turn them off, what about our forum? We can only show person that we like his topic/status/post, but how can we say that we dont agree with him without writing a comment? "Confused" ? "Sad" ? No. 

I've checked topics about "Downvote/Dislike" emoji before i post this suggestion and the only thing I want to see Downvote emoji. It doesn't metter for me -1 rep or +1 or =0. I just want to have emoji on forum, which will help me to show someone that I disagree with him. I dont know how to say it with different words. 

15 hours ago, Batslav said:

What stops the same people to write -1 instead of downvote? If it does not affect players reputation, there will be no problem with it.

Well, the fact that you can't submit a reply in the "new suggestions" sub-forum and also replies in the support section needs to be approved by a moderator before it's visible to everyone, those are AFAIK the only things stopping them writing a -1, however they are able to react to a post everywhere.

17 hours ago, [TSRVTC] Ollie said:

This could be abused, if someone does not like another user, they could "spam" this on all of their posts, I personally think this is a bad idea.

16 hours ago, Batslav said:

What stops the same people to write -1 instead of downvote? If it does not affect players reputation, there will be no problem with it.

18 hours ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

I've checked topics about "Downvote/Dislike" emoji before i post this suggestion and the only thing I want to see Downvote emoji. It doesn't metter for me -1 rep or +1 or =0. I just want to have emoji on forum, which will help me to show someone that I disagree with him. I dont know how to say it with different words. 

I think it's a good idea to have it. it is good in me to create it. I think it should be. but here everyone has something to do with managing the situation. Namely, as the TMP team like said, how they will use the case. they can intentionally use this emoji to each other. I see that the problem is people who use it. If this is not happening, it is a good idea. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.