Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Auto-Kick for people who use too much lights / beacons

AlmightyAlfo

like 2 lights on your roof is OK for me.. but I've seen people put these blinking lights on every avaiable slot ..and the truck looks more like space ship. Maybe make it 2 or 3 max.    above that - autokick.   But still especially i'm going for heavy or super heavy cargo.. I want to be able to use these lights, cuz it looks cool & it's realistic too. I don't use them for normal trailers.

I particularly disagree, as this would limit something that is in the game to be used, if SCS has added so many beacons, we can not prevent our players from using them. Of course, except in crowded areas such as the CD route, or with 25+ players.

~DJFrontier

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

-1 I do not support their suggestion because this would be unfair to everyone, that is to limit functions that already comes into the game itself, people customize the truck as they like and as they should.

If it is only in the crowded areas like CxD I even support the suggestion, but limiting this on a whole server does not make sense.

-1 In my opinion the default limit of extra lights is ok. But if the problem here is lag, there's another possibility: More admins that would check the use of beacons and extra lights on traffic jams or a system that detects those players that have turned on their beacons at traffic jams and kick them in 15 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe there should be a limit on how many lights can be used mainly due to the fact that is allows players with lower end computers to play and enjoy the servers too. Another reason I would say limiting it with a kick would also reduce the amount of time in-game staff have to deal with players over editing trucks and just abusing rules altogether.

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

In most European countries it isn't allowed to make your truck look like a Chrismas tree either.

Altough the most of this countries won't do anything when you still decided to drive around like that.

You'd have my +1, as stated above, its having a bad effect on the road visibility for other players.

And as second reason because I'd also get lagdrops if a few of these guys approach in a row.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.