Auto-Kick for people who use too much lights / beacons

AlmightyAlfo

Suggestion Name: Auto-Kick for people who use too much lights / beacons
Suggestion Description: As the title of the suggestion says, it would be nice if you could add a system which will automatically kick people who put too much lights / beacons on their trucks. That would probably help a little on the busy areas and the trucks would look so damn ugly aswell xd

Any example images: //

Why should it be added?: I just explained it before.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 2

• 1 month later...

Exactly what I think, TruckersMP finally needs a max amount of beacons you may have on your truck. And if you exceed that amount, you won't be banned and just get a harmless kick. I'd prefer if every offense would be solved by an automatic kick - as long as it's possible. No more players violating the rules, no more complains about bans due to "minor issus"... a win-win situation :D 

Definitely +1

Honestly, as long as a limit is set, that’ll solve the issue, say the maximum number of beacons allowed is 3 and the maximum number of lights is 6/7 on roof bar, 5 on bull bar. The only concern I have is that my limiting and kicking people who use more than a certain number of lights, almost everytruck will look the same in terms of lights. 

For me,secondary lights I’m not fussed about as long as people respect others and dim their lights when in queues, in cities and when meeting oncoming traffic, the real issue is beacons because they are what drop FPS and look dumb, I mean, the max I ever use is either 3 on a big roof bar or just one of the stock ones you can put on the roof.

-1 as this would be limiting a default feature in the game by SCS and that would be pretty unfair, putting lights in all places allowed by default without the use of mods or save editing should not result in someone getting kicked. Beacons are the big lag issue more so then the lights, its more of a problem with people having their beacons on in busy areas (despite the rules saying its not allowed).

Having a lightbar and bullbar full of lights (by default no mods or save editing) should not be kick-able or against the rules. There will always be some form of lag and kicking a few people with lights in all default available places is not going to remove lag and I play MP most days, do get lag sometimes but do not notice big increases in lag when a truck full of lights passes or is around (I use a laptop so have a lower end system) Going down this route of limiting default features to try to solve lag is a pretty unfair and a dangerous road to go down (I think so anyway)

If you are in a busy area a truck full of lights is not going to add to the lag that much, you will still get lag, if you do not like trucks full of lights fair enough its your choice but some people do and they do not deserve to get kicked for it, especially when its not going to solve lag, will still be lag.

As for beacons  the number is not an issues (unless using mods to add them to other places like the bullbar) the problem with the beacons is that people do not turn them off in busy areas (25+ players around I think) so maybe a better idea would be a 15 second warning and auto kick for those who do not turn their beacons off in busy areas.

That would be much better as people can all still have the trucks and custom options they like that are in the game and it would help to decrease lag a bit. If you go C-D for example or any busy cities with 25+ players just look at the number of players with their beacons on ------ that is the bigger issue with lag not the numbers of lights or beacons on trucks (lights especially are not causes of lag)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Hey, hey, it's not about solving lag problems. It's a lot of lights that some drivers use, which will affect other drivers' sight. Is that not a common sense?

Too much light will make other drivers feel uncomfortable, so it's not just to use too much light to think about yourself, because there are other drivers on the road.

In real life, if the driver doesn't use the lights correctly, they need to take responsibility when the accident is caused by lighting problems, though this is just a game.

I believe that your proposal is a good idea. We should make a reasonable solution and believe in the wisdom of many users.

This is just a game, the lights in game cannot possible affect someones sight, they are not strong enough to, when something is in game by default limiting it is a bit unfair. There are mods around that let you put lights in extra places like the bottom bar or Scania and DAF grille slots, now if people are doing that aswell as having lights on all the spots on the bullbar and lightbar then that is when it becomes excessive.

• Like 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Rules of the game:

§2.7 Excessive use of beacons

You may not use/turn on any beacons in high traffic areas. This applies to areas with 25+ users.

Is this a useless rule? If it is, please delete it

Some drivers do not care about the rule, and they are still doing what they want.It's not sure that some administrators have seen these drivers Excessive use of beacons, did they take action? For example, kicking out the server or warning

I think this can set an automatic kick.

OK, on the use of lighting, if it is the default setting of the game, it is allowed to use the maximum light.

This can be discussed, or even disagree with this automatic kick.

Ugly or not is a question of personal preference and certainly no valid reason for punishment.

However, I agree on the automated kick if in-game rules are violated (keyword "high populated areas").
Still I would like to know how the system could detect such violation.

Edited by Joao Rodrigues

Think about this: with the new heavy haul DLC you: got a new strobe.

That is already 2 to make it look nice,

then you have the big lightbar on the roof.

and then maybe 2 little beacons on the roofbar.

With this lights it looking pretty nice! 

But when the auto-kick is comming it will be not good for some dlc owners!

Its a neutral suggestion for me. Instead of kicking there should be some warning system like you have too many lights or beacons and please remove it or you will get kicked in 2 mins. Some people don't know how to use and where to use lights and beacons. :( I mean some always drive with high beam lights and beacons on. I hope TMP team will inform number of beacons and lights allowed on truck.

UxiKSFa.png

On 2/21/2018 at 2:51 AM, Kinesisk[CHN] said:

Rules of the game:

§2.7 Excessive use of beacons

You may not use/turn on any beacons in high traffic areas. This applies to areas with 25+ users.

Is this a useless rule? If it is, please delete it

Some drivers do not care about the rule, and they are still doing what they want.It's not sure that some administrators have seen these drivers Excessive use of beacons, did they take action? For example, kicking out the server or warning

I think this can set an automatic kick.

OK, on the use of lighting, if it is the default setting of the game, it is allowed to use the maximum light.

This can be discussed, or even disagree with this automatic kick.

For me the problem with that rule seem that its not enforceable. So most of the time GMs will say that is only kickable offense.

So no one in their right mind will edit recording (cca 5min) post report (cca 3min) for someone to only get response that he can't

be banned (only kicked) for spamming horn or using blinding lights.

Personally I think clearer rules and consequences for horn spam and lights would help solve this issue.

I don't think the number of beacons and lights is the problem, the gist lies in the way users use them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the auto kick we currently have for not having headlights on (although this is a temporary thing for the winter mod?), basically operate but in reverse, high beams are on for longer than say 10 seconds, a warning should pop up to turn them off, few more seconds after, should be auto kicked. 

There is NO reason to have high beams on any longer than that in-game*, but there's still enough time to let you flash people and all that stuff, plus enough to actually light up whatever it section of road, temporarily.

As for beacons, probably has been suggested before, can't there be some coded limit in TruckersMP on the amount of beacons one can install?

You've already locked the police parts from regular users, would it be possible for say, me to leave the dealer with more than let's say 2 beacons on top of my truck (not the strobes, but the actual beacons), and I could get a warning that I can only have up to 2 beacons and shall we say 6 strobes** are allowed on any one truck? 

This way, the people that use them, can still have them, but they'll be moderated to have a reasonable amount, and the people who suffer from them, won't suffer as badly, since we're all capped. 

Clearly I know nothing about coding and any of the like, but just my two cents on the matter. Cheers

* In my opinion, ofcourse

** Just my idea of a base line, the actual amount should be debatable atm

1 hour ago, vrobcio said:

We can add the rule to only use beacon when your trailer has beacon as well. Of course with no beacons allowed in high populated areas (25+)

I agree trucks that arn't pulling trailer should not have any reason to be using their beacons, obviously we cannot stop truckers putting them on their cabs, but a simple kick for those who pointlessly use them would be good. :)

• True Story 1

I'm neutral on this suggestion:

Yes, it may prevent some people from receiving eye strain from all those bright lights and could potentially increase FPS in certain areas. 

But, it may be quite difficult to implement this suggestion, depending on what the moderators think. We do not need an auto kick for high beams by the way. It is incredibly hard to notice other oncoming players when driving at night with winter mod enabled especially when there aren't any streetlights and when there are a low amount of players near you. 

spacer.png

How about some optimization (if possible)? I mean a player could use beacons all time he wants, but it will not be shown for other players. I'm not quite sure that it's possible to implement without the help of SCS, however, otherwise, it could be better solution then just to kick players.

Edited by weeld

1 minute ago, weeld said:

How about some optimization (if possible)? I mean a player could use beacons all time he wants, but it will not be shown for other players.

If beacons are not visible to other then what's the use of beacons. beacons are used on top of a vehicle to attract the attention of surrounding vehicles and warn others like they have heavy cargo trailer, slow-moving vehicles, wide loads. But sadly many use just for fun. i have seen some people use beacons with only truck.

UxiKSFa.png

2 minutes ago, Syntackz said:

If beacons are not visible to other then what's the use of beacons. beacons are used on top of a vehicle to attract the attention of surrounding vehicles and warn others like they have heavy cargo trailer, slow-moving vehicles, wide loads. But sadly many use just for fun. i have seen some people use beacons with only truck.

I meant that they should not be visible for other players in high busy areas like D-C road. And also, a player could be able to disable visibility of a beacon manually.
You are welcome, discuss this idea. I don't suggest to take my idea into account as is, but it could be discussed.

since this is really only a problem in ETS. this is a 0 for me. reason is, I have on the roof of my truck 4 lights and 2 beacons I use the bar that has 6 slots, on the grill I have either 3 or 5 lights with 0 beacons. the last time I played in ETSMP I didn't have the aux lights set to be on with my high beams, since I was driving the Scania S with the added lights that come with the truck I didn't see a need to use them, but if I feel that just the high beams are not enough the extra lights will get turned on. since I play on the US server, there are very few people on there so leaving them on isn't much of an issue there. as for beacons, you really only need either 2 of the small ones or 1 of the bigger beacons, not both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.