Remove /fix command from servers or server EU#1 or WoTr cargos

WooQash

12 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

As a related note:

The /fix command has been updated. It now has a 10 minute cooldown (both from last time you used it and from when you logged in). It also requires you to have a trailer, but will no longer fix the trailer. We are continuing to read your feedback and to observe.
https://truckersmp.com/blog/75

To me, the TMP team should not have to pander to every little thing that is brought up about something, you can never please everyone, there will always be those for and against and in between. What’s more important is to add and remove things that are seen to bean exploitation of something added in, so, by example, people use the /fix command to troll and get away with doing damage to others, then a change is required.

To me, allowing the command to fix both truck and trailer is what makes it useful, most of us who get trolled andrammed, are not really concerned withtruck damage, we are more concerned about loaddamage and the affect it has on the payout at the end, I meanpersonally, I’ll drive a truck that’s 80% damaged, and have done in the past, if the load is okay to deliver. 

As as I said before if things like repair probability, where you can type /fix and there is a certain percentage for each level of repair that could occur, that way it makes it less of an instant fix and go system, but honestly, those who say “it is a tool for trolls” don’t realise the fact that anything added to the game is a potential tool for trolls, I mean, the no damage mod, ghost mode, no collision zones, scout cars... they are Alexa,piles of things that trolls use as “tools” of their trade, yet there's been less upset over those things over the last few years than there has been over /fix, it doesn’t make any logical sense.

@AmyLucia

Totally agree, anyone who says that having a command that allows you to repair on the go is “unrealistic” doesn’t play the game because out of the box the game isn’t a full simulation, on the contrary it’s more known as a “casual simulator” meaning it’s more in between a sim and an arcade game than it is in either category, so saying that things like /fix is against the “sim” is far fetched, if that were the case, having no visual or extreme mechanical damage is somehow realistic in that case, not having to get out and hook up, perform a tug test and connect every hose properly, is realistic according to these people. 

Sometimes people need need to stop and think about the pros and cons instead of just the cons, from my point of view, having something to repair a trailer after being rammed by some troll or bad driver is a whole lot better than having people load from an autosave in the middle of the road and cause an accident that just creates a ripple effect, if trolls use it, so what? We have a report system for a reason, as long as the server logs the time and date and ID of each use of the /fix command, it’ll be easy for admins to use that information plus information provided from a report to then ban and remove those causing problems. 

Anyone whos says eu1 has no trolls either now or in the past never goes further than a 100 mike radius from their home garage because trolls are out there, there may be less on eu 1 because the server numbers are much lower than EU2,but they are there. As for the past, I can remember the days where eu1 was completely packed out to the max and trolls were a constant threat then, there wasn’t a day that went by where Europoort wasn’t blocked up due to a troll or a bad driver causing a wreck and no one wanted to pay the bill to F7 out of the way so traffic would usually tail back through EP and back through the UK in one direction and back through Rotterdam the other side. 

Ultimately having commands like like this are a lot fairer than it used to be where if you were rammed well good luck, you have to remove the load and repair and find a new load going where you want to go, it’s just a shame that people can’t see the good with the bad and think of work around instead of crying bloody murder when something is added that they don’t like. Like others have said, it’s funny how there was less uproar over the no damage mod which was more harmful than /fix than there is now over this command, it’s ridiculous, at least methwnkful that the devs are trying to balance out those who want to play properly with those that don’t by giving something to the good people to combat the trolls.  

• 3 weeks later...

personally I think it should be extended to fix the trailer as well, or make an additional command to fix the trailer. Not because I troll people but because I get trolled by people. I dont like making trips 1200 miles long and end up with 70% trailer and 100% truck damage 50 miles away from the target because some jackoff wants to screw with people. Happened to me last night and completely ruined everything, didn't help that no mods were on ats at the time so the report did nothing and i wasn't running obs at the time so the 2 got off scot free

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.