Remove /fix command from servers or server EU#1 or WoTr cargos

WooQash

Great way to backstab us trip logging websites. Also awesome for ramming others and having less then 5 seconds needed to crash another person. Shame to who came up with this rediculous solution.

"We're on the world to help each other. Atleast that is what I believe." - The Fabby

https://vtlog.net - Independed logger by truckers like yourself.

I think the /fix command is a good function and could be used on all servers and for people who do big convoys and someone is the convoy gets truck damage in the convoy but don't want to go to a service station then they could do that command so I suggest don't remove it because it is a good function for players

I honestly don't see the need to remove it, even using a cool down is pointless what if you get hit before the cool down time ends? what will you gain by doing that? The fix command is one of the greatest additions I've ever seen in TMP it's a solution that can apply to many situations. 

• you get hit? no problem /fix will save the day as long as you can still physically move the truck
  • you're in a convoy and a troll decides to harass you? no problem just rec or call an admin and use the /fix and you're ready to go again
  • no need to pack the service station because of everyone using F7
  • you made a mistake and damaged your cargo? /fix will do the trick
  • you got hit because of desync no need to rage just use /fix

Maybe the command can just be altered to just fix the truck if you're logging trailer damage it would basically be the same as F7 without teleportation, simple. 

However there is a valid point that people may drive more recklessly and trolls being able to abuse it but seriously which system can't be abused? there's no way to differentiate the average player from a troll until they commit the act and if you get hit you can also use the /fix command, it's not restricted to trolls alone you know. :mellow:

If using /fix is such a sin then the use of F7 should be barred in multiplayer and if you get hit you should call the rescue team and WAIT until you're 'picked up' (teleported to service) then wait until whichever time it will take for the mechanics or auto body technicians to repair your truck. -_- 

TLDR; The command could be altered to apply to the truck only but being removed is just a stretch.

• Confused 1

ZFTe8IK.jpg

So you're saying the /fix command is useless?

From the standpoint of you as a driver doing your regular run with a convoy or being 4m from your job completion and then being rammed. Tell me one reason why  F7  would be more useful than /fix. 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

But that's it, it's not a tool for trolls to use alone, it's a tool for everyone. You're only looking at it from the point of it being abused but what about it's usefulness? I've been rammed or have suffered from desync and the command has come as a great benefit.  Are you saying that in-game reports should be removed because trolls can submit false reports and waste staff's time? 

My point is that yea it may need to be altered by how it's used but flat out removing it would be such a waste. It's useful to other people not just trolls or else there wouldn't be anyone debating the issue, everyone would say to remove it.

ZFTe8IK.jpg

for me its useless as i can only get jobs from wot.. its a bug i know.. you dont need to tell me how i have to teleport or sleep.. i tryed it does not work.. so wot or no mp it is for me.. as this is useless for me becouse of the economy bug i only can look at this from the abuse side.

this command with the low admin count will finish off mp eventualy.. i think its the wrong move, should be removed and instead more ingame admins hired!

also.. no one talks about f7.. f7 is how scs made it, thats not the point of this and a really bad compareison!

• Upvote 1

sysp-73354.png

56 minutes ago, [DURMAZLAR]GunPowder said:

We are talking about the /fix command, not the reports -_-

I know that but it's the same principle and if you can't see that then there's no point to continue. 

49 minutes ago, sgpch1983 said:

for me its useless as i can only get jobs from wot.. its a bug i know.. you dont need to tell me how i have to teleport or sleep.. i tryed it does not work.. so wot or no mp it is for me.. as this is useless for me becouse of the economy bug i only can look at this from the abuse side.

this command with the low admin count will finish off mp eventualy.. i think its the wrong move, should be removed and instead more ingame admins hired!

also.. no one talks about f7.. f7 is how scs made it, thats not the point of this and a really bad compareison!

Yes for wot trailers it's useless, that can't be argued but that's for persons who use wot trailers and that isn't everybody and not everyone who do use it uses it all the time like you do.

Yes I do agree that there needs to be more supervision on the servers and maybe different ways of supervision (setup a team to do freecam monitoring 100% of the time maybe) can be looked into, no software can replace that fact presently but that doesn't undermine the usefulness of the command to the general community at large 

Again it's the principle behind it is what I'm alluding to. The /fix command is the same as F7 just faster without the teleportation part, not because you don't use it means it should be removed completely from the game, it has a use and you can't deny that fact! 

ZFTe8IK.jpg

@WooQash

In my opinion (and this is someone who’s played ETS2MP since it’s early days) having something to fix your vehicle on the fly is useful, yes, it can be seen as a tool for trolls, but so can any other mod, command, optional system etc etc. 

Ive lost count how many trips I’ve had ruined by someone lagging or being a total troll, then having to deal with traffic in cities and being able to find another load. 

So why not think of it this way, instead of the whole “omg /fix is the worst thing since things were invented, TMP devs remove NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” (Because let’s face it one to a coup,e hundred people verses 1.9 million others, is no contest), why not compromise either by making the command optional or make it so that if you are seen trolling or breaking the rules and using the /fix command, not only will you get banned, but you’ll have your privilege of using the /fix command either temporarily or permanently removed at admins discretion. That’s the best compromise instead of all this “remove remove remove” crap. 

Besides, it’s not unrealistic to fix your own vehicle, I mean, if you have a flat tire, you’d replace it with a spare, if a light stops working, you’ll change the bulb, if the engine stops, you’ll try and find what’s wrong, especially with a truck where you are either paid by the hour or paid by the load, so if the load doesn’t get there or you aren’t driving, you AI t getting paid. 

As with all new added commands and features, there’s a lot of refinement and workarounds needed, if /fix is kept it could be expanded on so that there’s only a chance to fully repair your vehicle or to make minor repairs or no progress, that way it’s more of a gamble to use /fix and less likely to insta repair because, that part I agree is a little unrealistic, but asi said before, it’s easily fixed without the need of removal  

• True Story 1

Your points are very flawed and this is not a well constructed argument against the /fix command. It's like a difficulty setting or an option in the game. It's there, but it's up to the player to use it. By your logic, the GPS in the bottom right should be forced off too in EU1. That's not part of a true simulation experience if there's a GPS in your truck. By your logic, engine swaps are not part of a true simulation experience. People don't swap lorry engines in real life like that's a common practice.

It's a feature and it's there to be used if you'd like. Why was there no outcry when players were running the no damage mod? That's not a true simulation experience. Plus that can be used by good and bad players alike. Those points weren't made with such force like they are now. Trolls will be trolls. The only thing that stops that is catching them in the act either in-game or with a report placed on the website.

Edited by JeffSFC

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I wouldn't say to necessarily remove the whole function of this command... I would say to find a way that where using does NOT fix the trailer... This command will be handy to fix your rig should anything UNLEGITMATE happen to your truck. People here are whining about realism, people are whining about trolls...

So lets straighten that up, many of you have said "If this were real, you wouldn't be able to do this" (Or something alike), however... If you want to be that pedantic about it, I say this... In real life, can someone give me an example of where someone has deliberately just shrugged their shoulders and flew onto the wrong side of the road for the fun of it and just started crashing into random people WITHOUT consequence? Because here on ETS, a troll can just crash in someone head on at 160km/h and live to tell the tale, with NO structural damage to the truck.... Again where is that even possible in reality? You say this command takes away realism, I say BULL!! Yes, this is a simulator, yes this is a game.. This is just a place where you get the opportunity to take the role of a truck driver, and experience life behind the cab on a very basic level (When you compare it to the other responsibilities that your REAL LIFE counterparts have to do)! Another reason why I call BULL on your call for realism... Is that MP doesn't even have fatigue simulation... And I can GUARANTEE that NONE (or VERY FEW) of you actually stop to take those LEGAL breaks that you would need to in real life!!

Anyway back on topic... This command should stay, but I think it would be HEAVILY appreciated by all, if not MOST, of the community, if Developers can find away where it can only fix the truck! I say only the truck because most VTC loggers out there, ONLY record the damage of the TRAILERS, as most people would have F7'd to repair their rigs. People say there are no trolls on EU1... LIES.... There may not be as many, but they exist there, so I say again, Do not fully remove the function, just repair the rig.

If I can suggest another solution... is that if developers CAN place TRIGGERS (i.e. Garage, Fuels Points), maybe they can add the Garage trigger to various resting points across the map (if not all of them), where players can pull up and PAY for repairs, should thy happen to have a logger that tracks repair fees!!

This command (/fix) is the biggest mistake ever on the ETS2MP scene.

I used it 2 times on the server (#2) and this taked all of the fun that i have from this game. Never again.

And why only on EU #1? Delete it globally.

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

12 hours ago, Fumiko said:

and F7 isn't lacking in realism? 

Do u even know what F7 is?  It is road help service, this is why u pay when u use it.

Cooldown will be best to prevent abuse if u decide to keep it. 30 min is enough, it's not like people get rammed every 5 min.
Also most maybe forget one thing,  EU2 is not the only server and C-D road is not the only place on map where people can drive...

Edited by Batslav
  • True Story 1

As a related note:

The /fix command has been updated. It now has a 10 minute cooldown (both from last time you used it and from when you logged in). It also requires you to have a trailer, but will no longer fix the trailer. We are continuing to read your feedback and to observe.
https://truckersmp.com/blog/75

• Thanks 7

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

4 minutes ago, HumaneWolf said:

As a related note:

The /fix command has been updated. It now has a 10 minute cooldown (both from last time you used it and from when you logged in). It also requires you to have a trailer, but will no longer fix the trailer. We are continuing to read your feedback and to observe.

thats a good change.. so cars cant use it as a car is a truck without a trailer? right? thats very good.. no the abuse possability isnt as big.. i for one rest my case if thats the case :)

• Upvote 1

sysp-73354.png

1 hour ago, HumaneWolf said:

As a related note:

Thanks for this change. Almost everything I had against it is now "fixed" :troll:. Trolls and reckless drivers will still damage our trailers, but that also used to happen before the no-damage cheats were known and at least now they don't have the chance to fix their vehicles (if driving without trailer) or their own damaged trailers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HumaneWolf said:

As a related note:

I do not think that is enough yet, if in fact they think about leaving the command and a time to leave it for 30 minutes or 40 minutes, 10 minutes does not help much, but the ideal thing is to completely eliminate this command.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.