Anti Cheat (Memory Edit)

DubStepMad

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It would take up so much time from the developers and also it could cause more bugs, for example if someone glitches through the map then they fall the anticheat may detect them speedhacking due to the speeds as you fall infinitely.  This could also bring the issue of the mods needing to go through more appeals.

You can still just clip and report on the website witch would be more effective.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have mixed feelings about anti-cheat systems - while I do think that anti-cheat systems can have its benefits as far as detecting the most obvious cheaters if it can be designed in a way to make it as hard as possible to find workarounds, I think that such mechanisms should be used in conjunction with human reviewers (i.e. GMs), especially in situations where the user decides to appeal their ban, so that they can be unbanned if it's determined to be a false flag. But it is not going to be easy to build such solutions, as cheaters quickly find more obscure ways of getting around these mechanisms, and so a fully effective anti-cheat mechanism is more likely going to be a "utopian" idea rather than something that can be done in the near-future.

I would also like to point something out that hasn't been brought up yet and has been discussed with other games in the last year (such as Valorant's anti-cheat mechanism) - I am strongly opposed to any anti-cheat mechanism that requires Ring 0 (kernel) access to your computer, as this would present a security threat whereby if a vulnerability is discovered in the anti-cheat mechanism, an unauthorised user could exploit the vulnerability and take control of your entire operating system. 

Cheating / trolling has decreased in recent years because progress has been made in the game and I claim that there are not so many who use certain hacks to disrupt traffic.

It would be a solution for TruckersMP not to accept or run with certain programs in the background for example as in CSGO (you are not allowed to film unless you change certain settings because he sees it as an unknown program).

I hope I helped with my answer.

Regards,

Pedro

Generaly speaking an anti-cheat will make the already almost unplayable TMP in a 20-200 range of players too heavy for most PCs, plus that makes too many programs running (TMP+AC+TB+Trucky+n). 
A much better solution is Perma ban from ProMods or any other simulation servers that use all map DLCs. This hurts more than a simple ban.

• 10 months later...

I would hope this is not implemented, because using Cheat Engine to increase money + XP is essential when creating saves for Convoy Control which need to be done quickly. Although this can sometimes be done is Single Player, it takes extra time and anti-cheat would ban legitimate convoy controllers who are only increasing their money & XP. Also convoy controllers go from save to save, meaning money, XP and vehicle damage can change suddenly, which may trigger false positives in any anti-cheat solution. -1

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

The anti-cheat should not be a program, but a punishment like the BAN system. You cheat -> you play/access only Arcade servers for a set period of time or access an Arcade server where the "/fix"-command is OFF and collision is ON. In other words -> SP without AI traffic on the base map (no DLC content or modded maps). You want to play, that's what you get.

• 3 months later...