Pressing "/" should open chat with "/" already typed in

Suggestion Name:  Using "/" to open the chat with a command already started
Suggestion Description: pressing forward slash would open chat with the forward slash already typed in
Any example images: uuuuuuh, I could make an example but I'm forced to only use my phone atm
Why should it be added?: Makes doing commands faster, this is a feature in Minecraft and it makes it easier to do commands on the fly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

for me this is a 0

+1 for the people like me that use either  a gamepad or wheel combo, since it would speed up the typing of commands into the chat window.

-1 for the people who use the keyboard since it is close to the indicator buttons.

over all this can be a good idea for some but not for others. if it was optional then it would be fine and would change mine to a +1 since KB drivers would have the option to turn it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The idea seems to be useful because as you mentioned: In Minecraft you press "/" and it already opens the chat with the "/" character and this makes it much easier. This is good for players and Administrators because a lot of the commands are through the chat and starts with the character "/"

I Support! :) +1

I'd rather not. It's no trouble to press Y then / at all and besides, just like me, there certainly are other players who already have a command assigned to /.  Myself, I have a different command for each one of the / keys: Differential lock on the main / key and Quick Save on the NumPad / key. It was bad enough when they changed the CB and I had to reassign the hazard lights to another key. Don't need that again now that I have less keys available for assignments.

• Like 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I understand your point of view but how many commands we use? It's mainly used for /pinfo and as said above key might be in use so the less the better. You will save only one click so not much of improvement.
Also it's much easier to check logs for players ID, where you can also see the time. Since names are taken from MP profile and not steam, the ID to be shown on the video is not needed like it was before.
Name changes can be seen and are limited for a period of time i believe so it's not a problem anymore.

• 4 weeks later...